It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Caffeine Makes People More Vulnerable to Persuasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Planning to ask your boss for a raise? You might want to do it over a cup of coffee.

A new study reports people may be more easily persuaded to change their opinion after consuming caffeine.

Researchers in Brisbane, Australia found undistracted university students were more persuaded by arguments made after they drank a caffeine-laced drink.

Caffeine has been shown to boost attention. But few studies have checked caffeine’s effects on persuasiveness, note Pearl Martin, PhD, and colleagues. Martin works at the University of Queensland’s School of Psychology.

Caffeine is found in coffee, tea, some soft drinks, and other products. It’s often consumed in settings that could involve “persuasive communication,” note Martin and colleagues

full article found here: Caffeine used for persuasion?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So while this may seem like a stretch could there be some sort of conspiracy here? i wonder if the U.S government supports these corporations in an unusual ways or if the Use of caffeine has spiked at any particular time? the article does say these findings definatly are warrant for more investigation.
would be interesting for us to investigate i think.

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
having just drained my 4th venti from starbucks, I must say I totally believe this. It makes perfect sense and I don't even need any scientific proof to back it up

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Man I'm in trouble then ,as much coffee that i drink could probably talk me in to anything, thats if you can catch me

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
skitzo-your name suits you then lol.

yea i drink coffee and pop but not in ridiculous amounts or anything. but i do wonder if there is a possibility that the gov is taking advantage of this?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You know since i have been on this really cool site have learned just about anything can be a conspiracy. and even scares me some time. but i hey i drink to much coffee ill fall for anything.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I drink a lot of coffee and soda...this explains everything!

No wonder why I'm such a push over!

Do you realize how much this information is going to change things?
Guy won't have to get women drunk anymore, they will just take them out for coffee.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
(ok i just realised that the "word" pop in my title sounds kinda perverted when i put it that way LOL)

good point snowflake

"hey baby how about some mountain dew?"
"sure"
:w:
"so....how about we have sex now"

No wonder why on pop commercials there are always people jumping off cliffs and stuff hehehe

Cheerio!

Digitalgrl

top topics

join