It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having difficulties editing my posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Is anyone else having difficulties editing their posts.

I have tried to edit several of my posts recently, but have not had success.

The 'Preview Post' feature seems to be working, but the post is unchanged when I finally hit 'Edit Post.'

It's kind of frustrating actually... at least one post of mine says the exact opposite of what I want because I think faster than I can type.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I just went back and did an edit on a recent post and it worked just fine.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The problem is editing, then previewing the edit. It has been brought up before.

Once a post is made, then opened for editing, when you click on preview post, it looks okay. But when you post the edit, it remains unchanged, but adds the [edited by...] footnote.

A temporary solution is, don't preview the edit. Just edit the post, then repost it.

[edit on 6/12/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's not just you, unfortunatly this is a glitch that has been around since the latest server changeover. simply editing a post works fine, it's just a problem when you hit the preview post button. This causes your edits to revert back to the original post.
The way round it for the moment is to highlight and copy your new edited post, then preview, then if you're happy with the result, re-do your edit by pasting it back in again. and going straight to post reply.
I'm sure this problem has been brought to the attention of SkepticOverlord already, but it's just one of a gazillion things that he no doubt has to get around to when he has a chance!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
It's not just you, unfortunatly this is a glitch that has been around since the latest server changeover. simply editing a post works fine, it's just a problem when you hit the preview post button. This causes your edits to revert back to the original post.
The way round it for the moment is to highlight and copy your new edited post, then preview, then if you're happy with the result, re-do your edit by pasting it back in again. and going straight to post reply.
I'm sure this problem has been brought to the attention of SkepticOverlord already, but it's just one of a gazillion things that he no doubt has to get around to when he has a chance!

Oh... so don't preview the post... great. Thanks for the tip...

after anxietydisorders post, I was starting to think I was the victim of an ATS conspiracy

Mechanic and Pantha... thanks for info.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You can preview the original post to your hearts content. It's when you edit, then preview the edit that it's a problem.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If all else fails, and you have access to another computer where you are, try the same function on a different computer. On my newish notebook computer, sometimes I don't have access to the ATS icons, but on the server computer in my office, it's all there. !!!!!!!!?????

top topics

join