It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

explain swamp gas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
explain how people claim swamp gas creates ufo phenomenon, cause i really dont understand that part

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Not that I believe it accounts for many UFO cases though I sure it does for some. But mainly swamp gases is (CH4), methane which is highly flammable and when ignited produces a pale blue or yellow flame.

This is what is thought to produce the " will-o’-the-wisp " often seen around bogs which produce the before mentioned methane. How this is thought to spontaneously ignite in nature is a good question
methane does not ignite spontaneously that I know of and requires a spark.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think saying a UFO is actually a cloud with star/moon light reflecting on it or saying it is a bird would be a much better excuse but they had to handle a lot or reports so anyone who lived anywhere near a swamp and reported one it was always called swamp gas. To me its obvious the government was BSing hard but some people are gullable enough to believe it.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
explain how people claim swamp gas creates ufo phenomenon, cause i really dont understand that part

In marshy areas sometimes swamp gas ignites and makes little lights in the woods, so some people might think they are ufos. Swamp gas is created when organic plant and animal matter rot and the gases get trapped under water. Sometimes, they can ignight if conditions are right.

However, swamp gas does not explain UFOs out in the middle of the desert, at high altitudes, or ones that land and leave big trace marks. In fact, it really does not explain alot of ufos.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
methane is flammable.

top topics

join