It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.coli In Your Bagged Veggies????Yikes!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
according to this 26 people in three states have got ill from bag veggies.

Because of the symptoms, Swanson thought it might be an outbreak of E.coli 0157 bacteria. E.coli comes from animal or, sometimes, human feces and is usually associated with undercooked ground beef. But health officials found the victims hadn’t eaten ground beef --- but they all had eaten something that you might never suspect of giving you food poisoning—bag salad.

It was Roi Dahl’s leftover lettuce that cracked the case. At the lab, scientists showed us how they were able to extract and isolate E.coli 0157 in the lettuce, then, using DNA markers, they compared it to the strain of E.coli that sickened Dahl, Amber Brister and the others. It was a perfect match.

anyone ever heard of getting sick from bagged lettuce?? just one more reason not to eat your veggies

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 12-6-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
May we have the link to the source, thanks so much!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think there is a chance of food poisoning in any kind of food.

26 people in the whole united states is a relatively small number. People should always wash their food off before eating.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
how many people really wash bagged lettuce though, not me, but i will from now on

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I do, and you should. Never put your heath at risk over 30 seconds of running water.

top topics

join