It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Current" So Called best Avaliable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hi Guys this is my 1st post so please bare with me(yes i have gone through "read before post" thread lol).

What are the so called BEST tactical ballistic armor gear (suit) so to speak including helmet avaliable that money can buy but within certain bounderies. It must be avaliable (non prototype) to consumers Eg:government or Private security firms(GSG-9, SWAT, Black Ops).

It must be above standard in the field of ballistic testing, provide maximum coverage area eg: head, face, throat, arms, legs, yada yada. It cant be to restrictive with movment eg: Weight, design.

To can be all from one supplier or a combination of many eg: helmet form one company & vest from another.

Think of something A special tactical urban assualt GSG-9 team would get or if a Private assalt breech team would get there hands on if the funds where avalialbe.

To get things started i would get a Hemlet just like some of the GSG-9 members where with them funny looking ear protectors with a Mtek weapon system attached face piece. Then maybe body armor just like this one

www.protecharmored.com...

?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
and what, exactly, would the intended use of this be for?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
One could make the case that it might be a good idea to have a few vests ofwhatever proetie value...tucked away...just in case. It's altogether possible that we are about to enter a new period of crack-down in which the government decides to restrict access to guns, ammo, and armor, for our own good. Just to keep us safe from the bad guys.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
LOL, im no crazy nut thats gonna go on a terror rampage as its so hard to even get a hand gun in my country lol. Im just for sum reason so interested in body armor. When i watch movies for example (XXX-State of the Union) or the Equilibrium Moive. I wonder is that type of body armor avaliable in todays market for goverments etc as they look very cool & would be fantastic if they could also do the job so to speak.
I also believe body armor is just as important as more powerful weapons are more avaliable theses days on the black market around the world eg:Ak-47 (no i have no proof to back this up YET LOL)
Theres just sumfin about tactical body armor which interests me. As im sure there might be a few out there that share the same interest & would like to know whats fact & whats fiction so to speak.
HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE LOL

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You're gonna have to do a lot of reading to seperate Fact from Fiction. As a general rule, most of the body armor you see in movies is fake. Especialy that stuff that looks stylishly "cool."

The heaviest armor will generally protect you from the highest caliber bullets. No armor is truely "bulletproof." Body armor is bullet-resistant. It's job is to keep those hard bullets from penetrating your comparitively soft body. All of these are important limitations to keep in mind.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
LAst Chance make very high quality vests all the way up to Level IV

The US military uses a lot of Interceptor body armor which I believe is ceramic based

But if you want the very best, do a Google on Dragonskin body armor - it's heavy but it's cutting edge. Anything that can stop 3 impacts on the same spot from 7.62x39mm hits without needing any replacement components is some good stuff.

top topics

join