It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unnoticed Flying Objects During Shuttle Launch *new*

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN
We have already discussed that birds are a factor, there are clear images of birds.. The images I am showing are NOT birds. They are to BIG.

Please stop saying these are too big. Read my previous post. The plume moves so your estimates of size, speed and altitude are wrong. Since these three figures are the only things which have lead to your assumption that they are aircraft then your conclusion can be assumed to be false.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
whoa... Let's hope the thread will not be closed. I'd like so much to post the edited video of those nice birds!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Dang it's so small it's impossible to tell what the object is. Guess we could speculate all day long.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfad

We have already discussed that birds are a factor, there are clear images of birds.. The images I am showing are NOT birds. They are to BIG.

Please stop saying these are too big. Read my previous post. The plume moves so your estimates of size, speed and altitude are wrong. Since these three figures are the only things which have lead to your assumption that they are aircraft then your conclusion can be assumed to be false.

The smoke from the shuttle doesn't move as much as you are saying, they keep their relative shape, and position, give or take a little bit of expansion.. YOU ALL NEED TO WATCH EVERY SINGLE DOT. The speed of which they are flying, with such little effort, is immediately noticeable, and i can't believe very few of you see this.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This what I don't understand, In the whole video there are birds present, birds close birds far birds, birds , birds.
Why is it our place to show you its not a bird, when we see bird everywhere?

[edit on 12-6-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
This what I don't understand, In the whole video there are birds present, birds close birds far birds, birds , birds.
Why is it our place to show you its not a bird, when we see bird everywhere?

[edit on 12-6-2006 by SpittinCobra]

Birds are EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD. Why is it that since you see birds elsewhere in the video (flying away for their life) , that you automatically think those are birds flying above as well? Because you are brainwashed to think the impossible is truly that.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
LAES YVAN, why is the notion that the objects are behind the plume not acceptable to you?

Why is the notion that they are birds, who's travel direction change their viewability not acceptable to you?

You say you have many years debunking video, and many hours on a carrier ....... were you this immature during those professional years as well? Ranting and yelling because someone doesn't believe something is just the way YOU say it is?

NN

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Because the evidence leads me to that .... Now please answer my question. Why is it our place?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

The smoke from the shuttle doesn't move as much as you are saying, they keep their relative shape, and position, give or take a little bit of expansion.. YOU ALL NEED TO WATCH EVERY SINGLE DOT. The speed of which they are flying, with such little effort, is immediately noticeable, and i can't believe very few of you see this.

The fact that the smoke keeps its shape has led to your FALSE assumption that it doesnt move. The smoke emitted from a rocket engine is totally different and much more dense than smoke from a candle or fire. It expands AND keeps its shape but that doesnt mean that its not moving.

What you are doing is using the smoke as reference for the birds and that is just leading to your inaccurate estimates. It's that simple. You cannot determine the size of the objects and therefore their speed because of perspective and the lack of reference.

ISJ

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
LAES would you please pass comment on my excellent MS paint image?

Please add your thoughts to the content of the image (skirt around its crude-ness) but try to inform me/us where you think I/we are viewing this incorrectly.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoNik
LAES YVAN, why is the notion that the objects are behind the plume not acceptable to you?

Because they also fly IN FRONT OF the plume. As well as BEHIND THE PLUME.

B.T.W. I am not yelling. You are reading my words as if I was yelling. I'm in fact using the CAPS as you would Italics. Sometimes I dont feel the need to use the tags.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The speed of which they are flying, with such little effort, is immediately noticeable, and i can't believe very few of you see this.

Look right there you just described the Flight characteristics of Vultures that I just posted a page or two back.

Also the Vultures rise on thermals that also explains why the Birds are so high up in the sky that is just what Vultures do.

We have them here in North Texas from Spring to Fall and I often see them circling very high in the sky.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Because they also fly IN FRONT OF the plume. As well as BEHIND THE PLUME.

If you say the plume is 50-100 feet, the birds can not fly in front of, behind, and around the plume?

You have yet to address anyone in the fact that when a birds flight changes parallel to the camera, it is not seen. Take your keyboard and hold it face to you, you see it fine ..... take your keyboard and hold it level with your eyes, not much board left is it. Birds are the same, when they are flying directly towards or away form a viewpoint, they become momentarily out of sight.

B.T.W. I am not yelling. You are reading my words as if I was yelling. I'm in fact using the CAPS as you would Italics. Sometimes I dont feel the need to use the tags.

I'm reading your words as if you are yelling becasue on Internet forums, including this one - caps is yelling.

NN

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISJ
LAES would you please pass comment on my excellent MS paint image?

Please add your thoughts to the content of the image (skirt around its crude-ness) but try to inform me/us where you think I/we are viewing this incorrectly.

Thanks

I did comment about it, i said your perspective is wrong.. The objects went through the smoke from the shuttle and the clouds.

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Look right there you just described the Flight characteristics of Vultures that I just posted a page or two back.

Also the Vultures rise on thermals that also explains why the Birds are so high up in the sky that is just what Vultures do.

We have them here in North Texas from Spring to Fall and I often see them circling very high in the sky.

I am aware that they ride thermals, and can fly high, Ive stated that LONG AGO. But thermals dont give them forward speed, generally only gives them more height.

Originally posted by NoNik

If you say the plume is 50-100 feet, the birds can not fly in front of, behind, and around the plume?

If in fact the plume is 100feet which it is... and the objects are flying in and out of and behind the plume.. which they are.. then you can calculate the time of which it flies from one side of the plume, to the other, and use that time to calculate their speed. Ive done all that, and they are flying about 100 MPH.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Enhanced, clipped and inverted.

www.windows-vista-updates.com... [MPEG]

or

www.windows-vista-updates.com... [Windows Media]

full screen and look closely. They are flying in front of the smoke plume, yet due to the distance and perspective it appears as though they fly thru it, they don't.

? thoughts ?

[edit on 6/12/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
yeah how could that be a bird? the shuttle which is going so fast into space doesnt move as fast as those things move at the same height in the air. does not compute

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Enhanced, clipped and inverted.

www.windows-vista-updates.com...

full screen and look closely. They are flying in front of the smoke plume, yet due to the distance and perspective it appears as though they fly thru it, they don't.

? thoughts ?

It still apears to me, at the very end they disapear into and behind the shuttles smoke.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I didn't have time to read through the entire thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

The way I see it, the objects could be two things. UFOs or birds flying at a much closer distance than the plume of rocket exhaust.

If the birds were really flying in and out of the plume, there is no way they would appear to move that fast on camera. Think of standing perpendicular to two interstates ... one half a mile away, the other 6 miles away. A car going at 55 mph from your right to left will appear to be moving much faster on the interstate that is half a mile away because it's nearer to you. The birds at the end of that clip seem to be flying around just as fast as the ones in the beginning, which would not happen if they were really at 11,000 feet. They appear to be travelling the entire width of the plume (which is AT LEAST the wingspan of the shuttle) in under a second. This is way too fast for birds that are at 11,000 feet.

However I believe that, at best, it is only a camera trick of perspective. It may appear to be that they are moving in and out of the plume, but in that highly pixelated video it's difficult to tell. There could even be a small cloud in between us and the plume, and the "birds" are moving in and out of that.

So basically either the birds are alot closer than 11,000 feet away, or they are UFOs (since the birds would not appear to move that fast from 11,000 feet away). In my opinion, it is the former.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
[Mod Edit: removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

Well said, but I see the objects flying through the plume, so like you said. "If the birds were really flying in and out of the plume, there is no way they would appear to move that fast on camera."

[Edit: to add]
Please limit quoting to the portion of a post you are responding to. Thanx!

[edit on 6/12/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz

They appear to be travelling the entire width of the plume (which is AT LEAST the wingspan of the shuttle) in under a second. This is way too fast for birds that are at 11,000 feet.

I've already quoted from Turkey Vulture facts that Vultures can fly around 60 m/p/h.

If the Wingspan of the Shuttle is 78 ft. then yes a Turkey Vulture could fly that distance in less than a second. 88 ft per second would be 60 m/p/h.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join