It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unnoticed Flying Objects During Shuttle Launch *new*

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aotearoa
Think about it, people. You're not going to convince LAES YVAN and he's not going to convince you. Why are you still arguing it?

Your whole post is very well said.. but the quote above isn't entirely correct. It is possible to convince me, but its not as easy as telling me over and over its a bird.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Just a few things I've noticed while reading this thead:

There's another bird/ufo near the zip line around 6-7 seconds into the original video.
View frames 170-225 on zoom.

The video of the launch on the NASA website (the second video down - fd01_sts114_launch.mov) is taken from at least two different launches. Notice the pretty clouds from 16-21 seconds. At 22 seconds, it cuts to a different camera from farther away and there are no clouds.

My analysis of the video has mostly been covered by others ad nauseum, so I probably won't chime in with any further details only to be insulted.

The evidence that these are large, fast-moving, cube-shaped crafts with force-fields is compelling, but ultimately I'm going to have to cast another vote for birds.

[edit on 6/15/06 by ataraxia]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
MODERATORS, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD, You can see for yourself that the OP Has done nothing but present faulty evidence, ignored mods and insuled everyone including mods. There will NEVER be enouph evidence to convince an idiot that birds are birds.
heres the dictionary definition of idiot...
idiot
4 entries found for idiot.
To select an entry, click on it.
idiotidiot boxidiot lightidiot savant

Main Entry: id·i·ot
Pronunciation: 'i-dE-&t
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French ydiote, from Latin idiota ignorant person, from Greek idiOtEs one in a private station, layman, ignorant person, from idios one's own, private; akin to Latin suus one's own -- more at SUICIDE

As you can see I am NOT insulting , I am stating the word That best decribes the OP...

[edit on 15-6-2006 by Tiloke]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN
See this is a "double post". REAL forums actually dont allow this, and they actually just append it to the post above...

[edit on 15-6-2006 by LAES YVAN]

If this isn"t a real fourm maybe you should leave.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Somewhere, I hope, is a real Navy Seal reading this mess and desperately wishing he could smack someone around for awhile, simply to return some kind of honor to an organization with a reputation for brains, toughness, and integrity. Speaking hypothetically of course.

I think I'll go back to an old signature.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
After reading this entire thread and viewing all of the pertinent images and video captures I think (or, my opinion is) that it is fair for the OP to claim that these are "Unidentifiable" objects. The video evidence is inconclusive as far as I can tell. No one can conclusively say that these are a craft of some kind any more than one can say conclusively that they are birds. This is my objective view and personal opinions on the video and claims in this thread.

That being said I am going to invoke Occam's Razor here. I think that there is a better chance of these objects eventually being identified as misfocused birds in the foreground of the images with the plume than anything else. There is a reasonable doubt, in my mind, that the perspective presented by the camera is misrepresented. Meaning that I can not conclusively decide that the camera did a good enough job of focusing on and resolving the depth of the images of the "objects" and relative clouds. There is enough information, however, to closely determine the distance to the plume from the cameras position and its height at the time the objects are seen. One of the problems I have with the "plume" images is that without concretely being able to see clearly one of the objects go into the plume AND the same object clearly come out of the plume on the opposite side it leaves the possibilty of them not entering the plume at all. When you draw an image down to mere pixels, most if not all of the cohesive factors of the image are are mostly very distorted or lost completely. Things like its true shape, color, relative distances from other objects, direction of flight, etc. Its hard enough to determine these at all times when the image is not zoomed in and when you bring it down to pixel size it makes these effects even harder to determine. Plus perspective is even more compromised.

I will stand with truly and honestly Unidentifiable but with a little Ockham on my shoulder whispering "They are more than likely birds".

Edit: Never won a typing contest.....

[edit on 15-6-2006 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
as much as I would like to believe otherwise...after repeated viewings of the video I see nothing other than birds. Simple as that. Unless it is some type of bird-like spacecraft like they had in the movie sky captain & the world of tomorrow. Because I can make out flapping of wings.

nah...still birds.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i thought they were birds but now im not so sure what they are, they could be anything, its so poor quality and so far away.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by joecool280]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Definately birds. Only reason they appear to go "in and out" of the exhaust is because the bird changes direction and appears smaller, the camera is not able to focus it.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
As you can see I am NOT insulting , I am stating the word That best decribes the OP...

Well I feel insulted, so you ARE insulting. You have to be a feebleminded, nitwitted, senseless, unintelligent, anserine, dullard little kid, with a problem of being a cretin, with a slight moronic, and retarded case of imbecility, if you do not understand how insulting works.

This video has NO answer. Your "evidence" is no more powerful than mine. There is no complete answer for these objects. You fail to understand that because you ARE everything I stated above. If you have no clue what half the words I said mean, let me show you the definitions.

fee·ble-mind·ed (fbl-mndd)
adj.
Offensive. Deficient in intelligence.
Exhibiting a marked lack of intelligent consideration and forethought: feeble-minded excuses; a feeble-minded plan doomed to failure.
Obsolete. Irresolute and weak-willed.

nitwitted
adj : (of especially persons) lacking sense or understanding or judgment [syn: senseless, soft-witted, witless]

sense·less ( P ) Pronunciation Key (snsls)
adj.
Lacking sense or meaning; meaningless.
Deficient in sense; foolish or stupid.
Insensate; unconscious.

un·in·tel·li·gent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nn-tl-jnt)
adj.
Having or displaying a lack of intelligence.
Not invested with intelligence.

anserine
adj 1: of or resembling a goose 2: having or revealing stupidity; "ridiculous anserine behavior"; "a dopey answer"; "a dopey kid"; "some fool idea about rewriting authors' books" [syn: dopy, dopey, foolish, goosey, goosy, gooselike]

dull·ard ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dlrd)
n.
A person regarded as mentally dull; a dolt.

cre·tin ( P ) Pronunciation Key (krtn)
n.
A person afflicted with cretinism.
Slang. An idiot.

mo·ron ( P ) Pronunciation Key (môrn, mr-)
n.
A stupid person; a dolt.
Psychology. A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

re·tard1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-tärd)
v. re·tard·ed, re·tard·ing, re·tards
v. tr.
To cause to move or proceed slowly; delay or impede.
v. intr.
To be delayed.
n.
A slowing down or hindering of progress; a delay.
Music. A slackening of tempo.

im·be·cil·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mb-sl-t)
n. pl. im·be·cil·i·ties
Great stupidity or foolishness.
Something, such as conduct or an act, that is stupid or foolish.
Psychology. The state or condition of being an imbecile; moderate or severe mental retardation.

As a note, I AM INSULTING HIM, in self defense. If I was as stupid as him I would probably say, "I'm not insulting Tiloke, I'm just stating the words that best describe Tiloke."

Mods go ahead and subtract the 500 (yawn) points, for insulting him.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Somewhere, I hope, is a real Navy Seal reading this mess and desperately wishing he could smack someone around for awhile, simply to return some kind of honor to an organization with a reputation for brains, toughness, and integrity. Speaking hypothetically of course.

Actaully there has been more than one brother of mine reading this thread, they laugh at everyone's attempt to change my mind. They both agree that, "This is a battle of opinions. Since that is the case, no one will ever win."

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Well I feel insulted, so you ARE insulting. You have to be a feebleminded, nitwitted, senseless, unintelligent, anserine, dullard little kid, with a problem of being a cretin, with a slight moronic, and retarded case of imbecility, if you do not understand how insulting works.

I know you feel insulted , My uncle(who drinks 2-12 packs a day) feels insulted when everyone calls him a drunk,(sometimes the truth hurts)

[edit on 15-6-2006 by Tiloke]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hey LAes YVAN,

What a switch from what this had started out to be from the first place. Name calling, obsessive points of view(From both sides of the fence), look's like we got the HAtfields and McCaws all over again. Why all the rudeness and disrespect, I came back hoping that there would've been an acceptability factor from any sides that be, though it has been a few pages since I posted on this thread, I can honestly say that "I don't see birds at all" but then again, you have those that say that "These are nothing more than birds", which leads us to the 3rd parties that are absolutely on the right side of "I don't thik they are birds, but they are definately UFO's of some kind" , now there is where this thread title was suppose to fall into "Unnoticed Flying Objects During Shuttle Launch*NEW*"

I haven't been a member with the ATS for too very long, but from what I've learned by trying to post my own threads and give opinion's on post's , there has to be a form of civil ettiquette and respect for the existing poster's , including the thread creator.

Back to the topic at hand, there is something very strange happening in this video footage and to me, It appears that there is something that appears, even in early frames of the video that was pointed out so graciously by LAES YVAN , and as the video continue's the video becomes even more controversial when all of
a sudden the objects take a flight controlled formation (Single-order) do their display, go caotic and manage to reassemble themselves and follow one another (Single file) back to the basic place of origin before the camera cuts the video short. That in itself is strange enough for me to raise an eyebrow, why would the camera just adbruptly stop at that frame of the shot? (More controversy)

So, I stand by the fact there is something to this situation, and I think that I don't have the capability of objectively prooving anything to know one because I don't have any more proof than what is layed before you or I.

Way to hang in there LAES YVAN, you got one hell-of-constitution man!!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If Tiloke and a few others wouldn't have insulted me more than one time on this thread, It could have been a very nice, not so hostile thread. But since he lashed out at me more than one time, even after repeat warnings by mods, I have nothing more to do than to defend myself, since the mods fail to defend me, or defend the thread that resides in their forum. If we were in a bar, Tiloke would find the skin of his face on floor, and no way to identify me, because he would be blind from my fingers popping his eye's. But since this is a forum where the little baby can type what he wants in the comfort of his own home, he disrespects me. Like any zit faced, nerdy little punk kid would.

This thread officially went down the drain because of these cry baby kids, and I am almost certain that ATS loses lots of viewers because of these cowards.

The way I work, is similar to the way wasps and hornets work. If you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. I dont insult people first. I am either your best friend, or your worst enemy. I can clearly see what a few people want to be.

--edit--

I dont F**king beleive it.. Tiloke can get away with insulting me even when he has one warning. But when i insult him back in self defense, I am the only one that gets another warning. Very well done mods, you really know how to moderate a forum... NOT.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

If Tiloke and a few others wouldn't have insulted me more than one time on this thread, It could have been a very nice, not so hostile thread.

Point the finger and saying "but they did it first" is NOT an excuse to belittle, be rude, and threaten physical violence.

The staff has to deal with each matter and in turn, each person should be mature enough and responsible enough to conduct themselves in a pudent manner. Take responsibility for your own actions.

Soon, we'll be moving to "time-outs" if nessasary.

For all posters, please end the sniping at each other on this thread once and for all.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Mod.. you really need to learn to read, serious. Look at the order in which the posts are, he CLEARLY insults me first. I NEVER once insulted him.. EVER untill after he insutled me. Tiloke has been warned multiple times and he still insults me. If he didn't insult me, I wouldnt do it back... Its completly STUPID that you ignore his insults and inforce rules on ME only. This is B.S.

If you mods were doing your job correctly, I wouldnt have to defend myself.

Did anyone else notice that?? Did anyone notice Tiloke insult me, and get away with it? But when i insult him back in self defense I am the only one getting punished.. I hope I'm not the only one to see that.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Did it just get really quiet in here?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Did it just get really quiet in here?

Yes it did, the OP is apparently on global ignore, things got kinda ugly in here.

Having seen his last post's, I suspect there is a decent chance he may not be back.

[edit on 15/6/06 by Skibum]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
First, I just now got to read a few of the last pages here. I'm going to close this insult-fest thread.

The behavior here is some of the worst.

This is nothing but name-calling and finger-pointing and by stepping into this issue, I am now being insulted as well. Many people here KNOW I can take the heat. It doesn't bother me at all, but somewhere...it got to stop.

I'm very sorry it degenerated to this point and that rather than come to the staff, some people felt the need to match insult for insult. Everyone, take a walk and a deep breath. Life is too short.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37   >>

join