It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unnoticed Flying Objects During Shuttle Launch *new*

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The fact they say it goes behind the smoke, only tells me that something came between the object and the camera, to obstruct the view of the object.

The experimental poll only asked the subjects to identify what they see happening in a given set of pixels, nothing more nothing less. These subjects are experianced in video games, and other digital art, and are qualified enough to answer such a simple question about such a simple set of pictures.

Jebus I think you failed to read the part where i said "If you can give me proof they are birds, I will believe they are birds".

But there is not extreme proof they are birds, and there is no other explination for them otherwise.

They are U.F.O.'s Unidentifiable Flying Objects.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by LAES YVAN]

ISJ

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN

But there is not extreme proof they are birds, and there is no other explination for them otherwise.

They are U.F.O.'s Unidentifiable Flying Objects.

But the fact that these "Unidentifiable Flying Objects" could actually be birds is the point you fail to grasp there is not enough evidence to prove they are or are not birds, so taking all things into consideration i will go for birds.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
DUDE!, you completely ignored the mods and posted your invalid "poll" results anyways.
Thats after yelling at them. What is wrong with you? Looks like your proving my earlier "insult" into a fact all by yourself..

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I've just run the video using virtualdub and I have to say I think they're birds. They first come into view on frame 1877 flying upwards (from the ground?) and circle around. During this time they 'disappear' even when flying against clear blue sky as the angle of flight changes with respect to the camera.

ISJ

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

"If you can give me proof they are birds, I will believe they are birds".

If you can give me proof they aren't birds, I will believe they aren't birds.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Can you post one witness that saw the launch and saw the ufo's?

As they were there at the time.

And would of had their eyes on the rocket, along side the UFO's?

That is the question, someone must of seen something?

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Now this is a PURE poll. Meaning they have no further knowledge of the video. Because the question at hand doesn't need to be fogged with any other detail, to get the answer. So to them it could be a ball, an aircraft, a bug, a bird, anything, and they will still come to the conclusion, if the object is near the smoke or not.

They have no further knowledge?

I hope that the picture you show them on the poll had a different name, the name "clearlybehind1yi.gif" does not look to good in what is supposed to be an "pure" poll.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
OK, on your first post you said:

During the launch I noticed some very STRANGE craft circling and weaving in and out of clouds and also the smoke trail left from the shuttle. They were moving at fast speeds, and unlike any bird or aircraft I have ever seen.

So you are talking about strange crafts.

Some lines below you say:

At first thought you may think they are birds, but look close, they are flying in and out of the clouds and smoke trail at high speeds. According to this web page, and a stop watch, the UFOs are flying at around 11,476 feet above ground.

So, you are expecting people to say these are birds.

Some more lines after you say:

So what do you think these objects are? Have you ever noticed them?

So, you wanted us to say what we think these objects are, after you have said that these are "strange crafts" and tried to prove that these could not be birds.

Many people, including me, gave their opinion that these were just birds.

You kept on saying that these could not be birds but UFOs.

Some pages latter, on this post you say:

They ARE UFO's. Unidentified Flying Objects. NOBODY can identify them, because they are unidentifiable.

Also, on this post you say:

This video is a prime example of a UFO. An Unidentifiable Flying Object. there is no sure way to get an absolute answer to what these objects are, so you must classify them as UFO's. You can say.. hey look... those are birds.. hey look those are alien space craft. But unless you shook hands with the alien, or caught the bird sh*t on your window from that exact bird. There is no way to find out...

This is truly a U.F.O.

And in this one you say:

They ARE ufos. Unidentifiable Flying Objects.

My ultimate goal here, is to get the EXACT altitude/size/speed of these UFO. Thats all.

So, to you these are undeniably UFOs and cannot be identified.

In that case why did you asked us what we thought they were?

Just to deny our opinions as baseless?

This is my last post in this thread I will never see this thread again, you asked for our opinion, we gave our opinion.

Try to focus your persistence in other things, repeating yourself over and over again does nothing to your knowledge and may even blind you for other things.

Keep cool and deny ignorance.

PS: independent of your opinion, if other people tell you that you are shouting they are probably right. Do you have the same attitude in real life?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I was wondering the same thing ArMaP.
I also wonder why these newbies insist on calling me a debunker just because I don't fall to me knees and worship their silly little posts.
Maybe a little historical perspective on my years of UFO research are needed.
Or maybe a solilloquy about my field(you know, outdoors) investigations.
Nah. They're just birds after all.
I think my previous post with the links says it all.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You are basing your conclusion that these objects cannot be birds on the fact that in the video, they seem to disappear into the exhaust plume.

Yet it has been explained and demonstrated that the objects also pass in front of the clouds which happen to be in front of the exhaust plume. (closer to the viewer than the shuttle plume).

If the object happened to turn and fly along the line of sight from the viewer to the plume, the profile of the object would change dramaticly. You could in fact be viewing the wings from the trailing edge. This would be an extremely slim profile. I don't the know the thickness of a vultures wings and I'm not about to get close enough to measure one, but viewed edge on, it must be a matter of inches. Granted you still have the Vultures body to deal with, but once again, viewed from behind if it is flying directly in line with your line of sight, it too must present a very slender profile.

Surely you must agree that it is possible, given the correct angle of flight, for the object/bird to present such a slender profile that the video camera might not have enough input to assign it a pixel or pixels, until it once again changes its orientation.

If you can agree that this is possible, even if you dont think it probable, then you might be inclined to accept that the most likely explanation lies with an avian interloper in the line of sight, rather than secret military craft, or curious aliens.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The objects in question don't really appear until 1.05

This is from the very first page, very first post.

Take away 13 seconds for lift off, takes us to 52

Using the facts you supplied Here, Shows a height of 27, 393 feet nothing near the 11, 476 feet you claim.

Your time frame and perception are off.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Using the facts you supplied Here, Shows a height of 27, 393 feet nothing near the 11, 476 feet you claim.

Are you kidding me? You seriously dont understand what I was saying?? Holy crap, you are a (censored).

Look... I never said at 1:05 in the video, they are flying the same height as the shuttle. NEVER. At 1:05 in the video, the shuttle IS 27,393 feet high. But dont you remember me saying they are flying through a section of the smoke plume that was created 34 seconds into flight?? I guess because you cant read, I will have to draw another picture like a coloring book..

Originally posted by Sparky63
You are basing your conclusion that these objects cannot be birds on the fact that in the video, they seem to disappear into the exhaust plume.

Yet it has been explained and demonstrated that the objects also pass in front of the clouds which happen to be in front of the exhaust plume. (closer to the viewer than the shuttle plume).

Yes you are correct.. Are you implying that no craft on earth is capable of flying in front of the clouds, AS WELL AS, in the plume? They do seem to be traveling at a fast speed, it IS possible for them to fly both in front of the clouds, AND in the plume of smoke.. It IS possbile for a human aircraft to do such a thing.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If that photo right there doesnt tell you the perspective is messed up, I'm not sure what will.

According to what you are saying in that photo the cloud is what, 2.5 miles tall?

(edit, actually closer to 5 or six miles tall considering 27k feet is only about halfway through the clouds.)

[edit on 14/6/06 by Skibum]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
If that photo right there doesnt tell you the perspective is messed up, I'm not sure what will.

According to what you are saying in that photo the cloud is what, 2.5 miles tall?

NO, because the shuttle IS flying AWAY from the the camera... I already went over this with someone else.. PLEASE READ THE THREAD. Why do you people think I am not calculating perspective? I AM.

Listen.. You cant use the plume as a measureing device unless the plume is next to the object you are measureing.. GOT IT? Since the object appears to be next to the plume in other photos, you CAN use it to measure the object.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Its is not flying away from the camera. It flies almost straight up.

It has a little lead away when it turns away, very slight.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Not to mention that if your calculations are correct the plume is around 1000 feet wide.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

(edit, actually closer to 5 or six miles tall considering 27k feet is only about halfway through the clouds.)

[edit on 14/6/06 by Skibum]

You are right the cloud can fit between the 27,000 mile point and the ground.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Its is not flying away from the camera. It flies almost straight up.

It has a little lead away when it turn, very slight.

You ARE kidding right?? I sure hope so. If you aren't, everything you say from here on out will register in my head as "doesnt know what hes talking about".

Just listen to the announcer in the video. At one point he says distance is about 6 miles North East from the launch pad. About 9 miles high.

Its so obvious the shuttle DOESNT launch straight up..

www.madsci.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? You seriously dont understand what I was saying?? Holy crap, you are a (censored).
.............. I guess because you cant read........

IF everyone else is getting pulled up on the thread for their comments then this guy should be with his snide comments.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Its only stating the truth.. Ive had to repeat myself many times because you people are trying and trying to find a flaw in most of my posts.. and because you just haven't read, and comprehended my posts.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join