It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unnoticed Flying Objects During Shuttle Launch *new*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
They ARE NOT the same birds.. IF the objects in my video ARE birds they would have to be at least 10 + feet large.. The largest bird in the world hardly reaches 9 feet.

B.T.W. in 1999 other people spotted UFOs at the shuttle launch.

www.rense.com...

[edit on 12-6-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
With out actually recognizing what im seeing, these objects do fly like birds, sawing high up going in circles

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The fact that they disappear into the smoke trail at that height, and also the clouds at that height should give you a great example of the size they are. They are flying WAY TO FAST to be birds. Also the only time they even slightly appear to be birds is when they are passing over dark spots in the clouds, it makes them look like they are moving, that is an illusion..

I seriously wouldn't have posted this video if I thought they were birds.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN
They ARE NOT the same birds.. IF the objects in my video ARE birds they would have to be at least 10 + feet large.. The largest bird in the world hardly reaches 9 feet.

Yeah, but look at how pixelated the video you are using is. You con not possibly get a decent reference for the actual size of the birds when every pixel is representing something like 4-5 feet of space.

You also don't know exactly what height the birds are flying , all the video shows is that the birds are somewhere between the camera and the Plume left by the shuttle.

Since these look like birds and are the same color as the birds we know were there , that Roost on the Launch pad, there is no reason to invoke UFOs to explain what we are looking at. Birds.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Although I can see your point about the size you can see wins flapping. These are birds and I think your points can just be explained by mistakes in perspective and your calculations. Maybe its just an optical illusion.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

That clip i posted proves as much as yours does, that Birds were flying next to the Shuttle.

Obviously birds were there, thats clearly the case, as for the last 3 objects which the OP has enlarged, doesn't the size of them seem odd, unless it is the way the camera picked it up, like an optical illusion.

If they are birds at that height, then cant we reference the size of them??????

Because the link where a bird hits is tiny, is that the same type of birds flying around in the video posted by op, at the end.

All we have as reference is this guy claiming that the Smoke Column is 100ft wide. We have no concrete evidence on the size of it, just his word.

What we do know for a fact is that around the Kennedy Space Center there is a wild life reserve, holding many varieties of Birds including the Bald Eagle that has a Winspan between 6-8 ft.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by JebusSaves]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Once again I will post how I know the height of the OBJECTS.

If you watch this video. media.putfile.com...

You can CLEARLY see the Objects passing through parts of the smoke trail. Even if you look at the original video I posted, they go in and out of it multiple times, even at times they effect the smoke and leave small holes. Now memorize that spot they are going in and out of the smoke, and rewind and play the video. When the count down reaches 0, start a Stop Watch, or count down seconds. By the time the space shuttle reaches the altitude the Objects fly through the smoke, 34 seconds have passed. Now according to NASA's trajectory:
www.spaceflightnow.com...

At 34 seconds into the flight the shuttle is already 11,476 feet in the air.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
[Mod Edit: removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

See if you look at the video at normal distance, its even more clear that the 'flying objects' are indeed birds of some kind.

Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/12/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

d1k

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Laes. I'm all for sticking up for videos that could seriously be real UFO's. My title is "anti-skeptic" and if I'm known for anything here on ATS it's fighting the good fight that "you never know" and calling out all the debunker's to give proof and back up their debunking.

But dude, it's absolutely ridiculous to argue and state that these are UFO's when it's so clearly obvious that these are birds. You can SEE the wings moving. This is not a matter of people not wanting to believe, this is a matter of you having video of plane as day birds and you getting red in the face claiming that they are UFO's.

They are not flying faster then birds do, they are not bigger then birds and there is no hole created by these birds flying into either the cloud or the smoke tail. And UFO sightings in 1999 has nothing to do with this video.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I thinks whoever said birds knows more then the ones telling people to zoom and look at holes in a pixelated smoke column and so fourth.

They look like birds to me no matter how people try to put it.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
They're just birds, they're not huge or anything and I cant believe anyone would think they're anything else.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The smoke expands also, the picture above is only 4 seconds after lift off.

If i can find a program that can zoom in on a video and recompile it, i will show you the objects ARE NOT flapping wings.. it is an illusion to the shadows of the clouds. I have the full video on my hard drive with the ability to zoom in on the video while its playing, but I can not capture it and recompile.

All I know is, im pointing out more facts than any of you "BIRD" theories are... show me facts these are birds.... or just be quiet. I dont care if these are birds or UFO's, but my small facts are telling me they are not birds... make me believe they are birds and I just might do so, but so far, NO ONE has pointed out any facts. How about YOU try measuring the birds, tell me how big they are, and how high they are. Ive done a better job than ALL of you.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
laes yvan,

Check your U2U's.
CLICK HERE

ISJ

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hi guys, i am newly registered but have viewed the ATS pages from my comfy chair in England for a few weeks.

I felt compelled to register and post on this thread, simply because how anybody can believe those aren't birds is beyond my belief.

I feel the problem here is a lack of perspective.

Clearly for safety reasons, the spectators have to be several miles away from the launch pad, as the shuttle launches all the birds in the surrounding area take to flight.

As the camera is situated a distance away from the shuttle, the viewing angle is deceptive, those are birds and they are normal size and they are flying at suitable bird flying heights its just the camera viewpoint captures them due to its distance away from the shuttle - its all to do with a lack of depth of vision as there are no visual references.

For example, look at the following picture - its a lesson in perspective.

Hope nobody is scared of spiders

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think when you say "remember that point" on the smoke column it is difficult and could lead to your CLEARLY INCORRECT estimates as the smoke column may move up or down and there are few accurate reference points on a blue sky.

And anyway the burden of proof rests on you. You are making ridiculous claims. You are trying to show us that you are right. You should post some real facts not us.
[edit]
ISJ: you just beat me to it. Some of these posters need lessons in perspective.

[edit on 12/6/06 by gfad]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This entire issue could be put to rest with the Nasa version of the video...

Since the thread author asserts that it is still available, then the best evidence, would be the lack of these objects in the Nasa version... showing proof of coverup.

Yes?

why all the back and forth... finding out if Nasa did or didn't edit these would be the easiest smoking gun...

did they?
or didn't they?
that in truth, is the first question.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Oh no! This is the proof positive we have been waiting for! Stock up on the twinkies and t-paper and head for the Mountains. I am right behind you! Just kidding but nice try with the bird video.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Most birds fly below 500 feet except during migration. There is no reason to expend the energy to go higher -- and there may be dangers, such as exposure to higher winds or to the sharp vision of hawks. When migrating, however, birds often do climb to relatively great heights, possibly to avoid dehydration in the warmer air near the ground. Migrating birds in the Caribbean are mostly observed around 10,000 feet, although some are found half and some twice that high. Generally long-distance migrants seem to start out at about 5,000 feet and then progressively climb to around 20,000 feet. Just like jet aircraft, the optimum cruise altitude of migrants increases as their "fuel" is used up and their weight declines. Vultures sometimes rise over 10,000 feet in order to scan larger areas for food (and to watch the behavior of distant vultures for clues to the location of a feast). Perhaps the most impressive altitude record is that of a flock of Whooper Swans which was seen on radar arriving over Northern Ireland on migration and was visually identified by an airline pilot at 29,000 feet. Birds can fly at altitudes that would be impossible for bats, since bird lungs can extract a larger fraction of oxygen from the air than can mammal lungs.

www.stanford.edu...

I really don't see what the problem is, we can clearly see in the lower pictures there are birds in the area. We even know the type of bird. Anyone who has lived by any big body of water has seen them, and watched them fly with out flapping their wings, they glide. At the height they are at , you couldn't see them flapping anyway.

I think they look the appropriate size.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
the fact that the objects fly in and out of the clouds/smoke trail totaly rid the "perspective" theory.

Just do a search for STS-114, I very well doubt you will find footage of this angle. I HAVE found photos of this angle that show black dots in the background.

Look at the photos here shuttle.airshowjournal.com...

But I have yet to see any more videos. One site has the videos completly locked.

I am uploading the video right now as I type so others can debunk this.

If those ARE birds flying that high, then do you think they would look that LARGE?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
This entire issue could be put to rest with the Nasa version of the video...

have not gone through them yet am now.

Maybe this will clear things up maybe not lol

www.spaceflightnowplus.com... e=9&k=sts-114&t=STS-114%3A+Return+to+flight&s=date

AAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh you gotta be a member, needs a user name and password......

I think you just need to subscribe to their news letter, but it wont let me 401 error?
Theres every angle under the sun on there

[edit on 12-6-2006 by Denied]

[edit on 12-6-2006 by Denied]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join