It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unnoticed Flying Objects During Shuttle Launch *new*

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN

VIDEO PROOF

No , not Proof.

I think this reference here is MORE than acceptable:
www.uga.edu...

Go ahead and read the Paper , they clearly said they "abducted" Vultures away from their roosts and then they flew ( 5 Turkey Vultures flew ) at an average height back to the Roost. Hardly the way vultures would need to behave in the wild. I took that to be a test to see if Vultures would fly in a predictable manner.

Why would a turkey vulture fly above 10,000 feet?

They typically fly at altitude so that they can look for Carrion and see what other Vultures in the area are doing. But you know all bets are off as to typical behavior when the SHUTTLE is launching.

That's what I'm willing to guess.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I would really like to see your source saying turkey vultures fly above 10,000 feet to look for food "routinely".

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Ok.....

There were at least 1000 nasa engineers watching the launch with a fine tooth comb.
I think it is safe to say that with thier equipment/media which is much better then a file from your source "Putfile", which would have revealed any UFO's flying in the area. Further more, if there were UFO'S flying in the area the 1000 or so trained eyes watching the shuttle launch would have noticed.

Dont you ?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
Ok.....

There were at least 1000 nasa engineers watching the launch with a fine tooth comb.
I think it is safe to say that with thier equipment/media which is much better then a file from your source "Putfile", which would have revealed any UFO's flying in the area. Further more, if there were UFO'S flying in the area the 1000 or so trained eyes watching the shuttle launch would have noticed.

Dont you ?

Imbalanced I BEG YOU TO READ THIS WHOLE THREAD SO YOU CAN STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS.

I downloaded this video FROM NASA, the day of the launch, a year ago. They had MULTIPLE videos from MULTIPLE angles, from MULTIPLE types of cameras. Out of all of them, this was the only one that had the "objects" in view. After downloading it, a week after the links were removed. ME, MYSELF, I uploaded the video to PUTFILE so EVERYONE CAN VIEW IT FOR FREE.

Got it? Also, NASA deals with UFO's all the time. It wouldn't be the first they keep quiet about it.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I would really like to see your source saying turkey vultures fly above 10,000 feet to look for food "routinely".

Fine.

Turkey Vulture Cathartes aura

Turkey Vultures soar and glide extensively on thermals and mountain updrafts while migrating. As a result, migrating Turkey Vultures concentrate along leading lines including mountain ridges, shorelines, and coastlines.

Notice that Mountain updrafts , Mountain Ridges , and Thermals puts Turkey Vultures in the High Flying Category.

Notice that Turkey Vultures typically ride Thermals , and thermals , like the clouds that they form , can be Thousands of feet in altitude. Turkey Vultures ride these all the way up.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Note... migrating Turkey Vultures .. do you understand what migrating means? It means they are moving from one area of land, flying long distances, in order to get to another area of land usually in another state, because of the season.

It does NOT say they fly that high for "finding food", nor does it say the fly that high "just because". There would be NO reason for them to fly that high other wise.

Also, it does not say 10,000 feet above sea level ANYWHERE.

I truely believe now, the "turkey vulture" theory is BUSTED.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
So you have the only unedited video of an otherwise altered video by NASA to keep the public from learning about UFO's on the shuttle launch ?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Note... migrating Turkey Vultures .. do you understand what migrating means? It means they are moving from one area of land, flying long distances, in order to get to another area of land usually in another state, because of the season.

It does NOT say they fly that high for "finding food", nor does it say the fly that high "just because". There would be NO reason for them to fly that high other wise.

LAES YVAN,

Seriously Turkey Vultures also use thermals every time they take to the air. What they do is get as high as possible and then glide to the next thermal, all the while watching what other Vultures are doing looking to see them reacting to food. Then they will fly around until enough Vultures have gathered to quickly devour a carcass.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
LAES YVAN,
Seriously Turkey Vultures also use thermals every time they take to the air. What they do is get as high as possible and then glide to the next thermal, all the while watching what other Vultures are doing looking to see them reacting to food. Then they will fly around until enough Vultures have gathered to quickly devour a carcass.

Seriously, lets see your referance for that... are you a bird expert? Do Turkey Vultures just fly for fun?

Originally posted by imbalanced
So you have the only unedited video of an otherwise altered video by NASA to keep the public from learning about UFO's on the shuttle launch ?

Yes this is the ONLY video of it. I also stated in another thread, if you can find this video on the Internet ANYWHERE, i will give you $10,000,000.

And please when I said "edited" video, I meant when ever they show this angle in other videos, when it gets to the height where these objects are visible, they switch to another angle/camera. I do not mean they "photo shopped" out any objects. The ONLY video they "photo shopped" are videos that i HAD but have been erased.

DAMN I WISH PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ THIS THREAD. I CONTINUALY REPEAT MYSELF BECAUSE THEY DONT.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Seriously, lets see your referance for that... are you a bird expert? Do Turkey Vultures just fly for fun?

I've already provided the link several times on the thread you didn't bother reading this?

Vultures launch themselves from their perches only after the morning air has warmed. Then, they circle upward, searching for pockets of rising warm air, or thermals. Once they have secured a thermal, they allow it to carry them upward in rising circles. When they reach the top of the thermal, they dive across the sky at speeds near 60 miles per hour, losing altitude until they reach another thermal.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

I've already provided the link several times on the thread you didn't bother reading this?

No Ive read that... it DOES NOT SAY that they are looking for food, or they are at 10,000 feet, they are still talking about their MIGRATION.

It also says they wait for the morning air to warm. Well the STS-114 Launch: July 26 @ 10:39 am EDT, was a cold, almost raining day.

10:39 am is hardly a time for warm air. It is in the morning..

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

No Ive read that... it DOES NOT SAY that they are looking for food, or they are at 10,000 feet, they are still talking about their MIGRATION.

I beg to differ. I see them riding thermals from Spring til Fall before they migrate.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Turkey Vulture Fricassee

I've now issued four warnings in this thread. That's more warnings than I've issued in all the rest of ATS since I became a moderator back in March.

Quite a statistic. I'm not even a moderator for this forum.

But the T&C apply everywhere.

I don't get paid by the warning (or at all), and I hate giving them out. I prefer to ask nicely instead, and have members correct their behavior without the need for the little red badge.

I try to save the warnings for when members ignore my advice, as in these four cases.

I'm really trying to avoid harping on this, and would prefer to see the topic develop on its own without me butting in, but it is imperative that members not insult one another on ATS.

This is not negotiable.

I strongly recommend that any member who finds it impossible to refrain from insulting other members unsubscribe from this thread and enjoy the tens of thousands of other fine threads on ATS.

Censorship On ATS

I realize that many, many of my fellow members are astonished to see this thread go on so long, and along the way I have seen LAES YVAN accused of all sorts of hateful and unflattering things.

Admittedly, he could be smoother in his delivery, but as a member of ATS, he is entitled to express his opinions -- no matter how wrong other members may think they are -- without being CENSORED by ATSers who prefer to hurl insults instead of respect the right of a fellow member to believe what he wants, right or wrong.

Silencing people because they disagree with the majority is precisely the sort of thing ATS members should be standing against.

Early Warning

How many among us know what it's like to be ridiculed for seeing things differently from the "mainstream"?

I am issuing warning flags to members who disregard the T&C, but I urge everyone reading this to heed a much more important warning:

Intolerance of dissent is the greatest threat our community faces. If we refuse to respect our mutual rights of intellectual freedom, ATS will fall!

Those who insult any ATS member insult all ATS members.

Insults and abuse pollute our forums and diminish us as a community.

Please stand with me against that which threatens all of us: our own ignorance.

Respect the T&C, respect one another, and respect what it is that brings us here.

Please.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
As a note... when i said "shut up about this and that" on one of my posts, i meant to say "stop bringing it up" because it has been talked about many many many times in this thread already. If you put yourself in my shoes and read this whole thread from post number 1, you will see how many times ive had to repeat myself. So for the record, I AM AWARE THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH BIRDS AND THE SHUTTLE LAUNCH. There is really no need to keep bringing it up.

I apologize for saying "shut up".

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
From this video source alone, no-one can prove what these objects are, only assume, and you know what they say about assuming. So as far as this video is concerned, they are UNIDENTIFIABLE, which makes them UFOs (Unidentifiable Flying Objects for those who need reminding).

Now they are probably not alien ships or anything like that, they are probably chicken vultures or whatever you call them. But notice the word PROBABLY. Unless someone can provide a clear shot of these objects that shows that they are indeed birds, and not just infer that they are because other birds where around that day, then this argument is settled. Until then, they will remain unidentifiable.

Its amazing how many people get so fired up because someone wont agree with what they believe to be the case. People are entitled to their own beliefs and aloud to post such things on ATS.

I think LAES YVAN is no longer defending his argument, as much as defending his personal right to believe in something and have an opinion. He stated himself that if someone could show him evidence that these are birds, he would accept it.

But people have mostly been bashing him, totally ignoring what he has to say. Its a disgrace. All he did was post a movie the he really thought showed something strange. He has defended this video with what he believes are facts to support his case.

As for what I think they are, well probably birds, but that doesn't give me the right to trash his opinions, with or without evidence.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
you get a wats from me for that Toasty, i was wanting to say something similar and im glad Majic has cleared the air. I agree that its too difficult to say with any certainty what those objects are but apart from the insulting posts ive enjoyed this thread and congratulate the OP for bringing something he thought worthwhile to our attention. We should all be able to do the same without being ridiculed.

cheers
m4s

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Well while the Air is Clear , I'd just say that ridiculing people is abhorrent. And I'm glad its not tolerated.

But lets not forget it is our duty to Identify as many alleged UFO's as we can so that we can focus on the true "Unknowns". And let it be known that I've posted links to Jeff Challenders site showing UFO's from STS-114. Not only that but I watched many hours of footage live on NASA Select T.V. last Year during STS-114 and watched several UFO's LIVE on NASA Select T.V. and you can see the same as I watched LIVE on www.projectprove.com... !

It isn't that UFOs are not present on the STS -114 Mission , they just are not the Turkey Vultures around the Launch Pad!

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Can someone tell me what you discutate here?
Sorry but I see birds. Nothing else than birds.

How can you estimate the size of the 'objects' if you have no clue how far away them are? I would bet the cloud and birds are much closer to the observer than the shuttle.

ISJ

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   

NOTICE CLOUD 2

Now review this quote:

In this view it appears the object is +/- 3/8ths the size of the plume.

So you are guaging size from UFO/dots/Birds vs shuttle plume

Right use same technique to meaure cloud 2.

That makes the visable area of cloud 2 over several miles high and wide.

This is the fatal flaw in your argument, the UFOs/dots/Birds are NOT at the height you ASSUME

Dont ignore this post as you have ignored the rest.

You a simply dismissing sound reasoning, common sense and logic.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISJ
Dont ignore this post as you have ignored the rest.

Please tell me which posts I have ignored... because I haven't ignored ANYONE.

The only reason I am useing the plume of smoke to measure the flying objects, is because the flying objects are flying through the plume, and i know probable size of the plume.

If i had to measure cloud 2. Id say its only around about 500 feet high, 800 feet wide...

I made this very quickly:

Originally posted by ISJ
That makes the visable area of cloud 2 over several miles high and wide.

SEVERAL MILES?! Damn, no wonder you have no sense of measurement towards these objects. B.T.W. 1 mile = 5280 feet

LMAO

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join