It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking on Water!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
In reply to a lot of the Building to building trick people throw out, it has been explained thoroughly and somewhere on youtube(I just looked and couldnt find the 10 min long version) is the complete explination of how he does it. A lot of it is computer imaging in the between parts, the first levitation and the landing on the other hand are different

When he goes up at the begining its by a suspended wire, which accounts for his small pendulum effect, you know... need to stabalize and such.

and when he lands, on one video his foot stumbles while the other, he comes up perfectly.

to explain more thoroughly, they were all put together at different times as well, on one camera a woman(or man) walked by the garage area while at the same time in the other camera that person wasnt present.

The clouds often change as well, going from very clear to very cloudy and somewhat dark. As well as a shadow forming on the box like part of the building across from the start shifting, which takes much longer then the 4 mins he was "in the air"

Secondly, while in the air and being shot, the clouds move at a loop state, and his body doesnt move from the exact position, some parts of him would essentialy move slightly.

theres much more info if you feel like finding it, but thats just a gist

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I just want to state that while reading this and having watched d1k ask gem to explain a trick I would do so in his defense without finishing reading the rest of the topic ^_^:: Sorry if I missed something but I know Gem to be credible and almost always spot on as well as a person who researches.

I dont like people attacking others when if you take the time you find your wront, yet you dont accept.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarmike
This dude's a Scientologist he's a clear or above

Scientology is a fraud. It is a "religion" made up by a science fiction writer while he was under the influence of drugs.

Everything Scientology offers you must pay for in cash. That should be a clue as to the nature of this "religion".

People who get "clear" have spent at least a quarter of a million dollars to get there.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If all Criss Angel is is an illusionist, then why has no one else duplicated his events? There were swimmers under and all around Criss, there were NO plexiglas pillars or a swimmer would have pointed them out. Unless you believe that Criss pays all the people to lie and stay silent forever....if you do believe that, then you are what is called a Denier, and you should drop by the Criss Angel thread already established...you have many friends there.

The FACT is this: If Criss Angel can make a fortune and be number one every year in events doing what he does, why isn't someone else doing the same? No want want money and fame? Why not top what Criss does? if all iot takes is gadgets and such, then why hasn't someone else topped him? Maybe because there are no gadgets...eh?

Criss can levitate. Criss can also teleport. That is the only answer that makes sense, given the evidence. You have to IMAGINE how he does it, and THAT is the key!! THAT is hoe he makes money and fame: You will always wonder how he does it until you realize how simple it is: He can do it..thats all.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by promomag

yeah the way he did it was he had the pool and the people preset, there was plexiglass walls (forgive me if i spelled that wrong) but that is how he did it, and if your going to ask how the girl swam under him it is because she swam through the gap between two of the walls

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hello all, want to know something about this illusion, it does not matter how it was done.

It really does not matter, unless you would like to recreate it, you are searching for real magic, your confusion is born from the new way magic is portrayed.

Magic can be a wonderful thing and excite us, it can really help us, but a lot of the time, the really beautiful magic is ignored, we get people like David Blaine and Criss Angel on TV and people go mental, it just shows you how much Television rules us.
Both of these mentioned magicians use trick photography, setups and editing to create illusions,
not all the time, but they do use these techniques, this is TV magic, it is fine if you like that sort of thing, but we are being lied to and I hate that.

I want real magic, I want both types of real magic,
The kind that is real, facts that we cannot explain, but if we try and explain to much, we ruin the magic.

Then there is the illusions, I love this magic, its just got to be a certain way, otherwise you are simply tricking people, just deceiving them.

We have had enough lie's.

This illusion could have been created a few ways,
Sadly he lost out by having to many angles, to many cameras and actually too many people around him.

Magicians who know how to set the mood and connect with people are the true masters.

Research all the different ways of creating this illusion and test them out as best you can, then maybe you will come up with something and it may be better.

i am already thinking of the best way to create this illusion, you want everything to be hidden and secret, so if there are any materials used, you will have to have ways of secretly setting them up.
There is a lot of work that goes into this sort of thing.
Criss Angel may put a lot of work into things like this, but not enough, sorry to say he has not impressed me with this, its such a rubbish piece of footage, why does he not perform it again and again.

There is infact another piece of footage where he walks on more open water, have you seen this and what do you think?

Peace to all

IllusionArtCollective

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i have the ebook and its not fake no pixel glass no strings

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This looks to me like the best possible expanation for this stunt, I believe he is a good illusionist but nothing more. Sorry the youtube video is kinda plain but you have to admit it's a good example:
Heres a cris angel how to for levitation: if he can hoax this than he can hoax any of his acts...sorry believers

[edit on 23-12-2008 by alyosha1981]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Im reminded of the movie Bruce Almighty, The Scene where Jim Carrey's Charectar Bruce walks on water. I have the dvd around somewhere but I havent seen it in ages.

I remember though, on the dvd extras it showed how Jim walked on water. A few inches under the water was a clear walkway, You couldnt see it from above. You could even swim under and get a shot of him "walking on water" from below the surface.

I wish I could find a video of that online, Its been a while. I looked and didnt see anything. If any of you have Bruce almighty at home. Put it in the dvd player, look at the extras and see how holywood makes a guy walk on water. I would bet its not done very differently.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Chris Angel is the ultimate negotiator. He made a deal with the Devil that was so good he is still alive, making lots of money, and it has yet to backfire.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
i have 2 ideas on how he did it

1. it is double glassing glass with a bit of water over it and were he drops his shoe in there is just a hole

2.it is a camera trick! he could of just not been in the pool! be4 he could of lifted his feet up in some shallow water and then edited it to make it look like he is walking on the water

what i do no is the people are in on the trick

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Chris angel pays film crews and directors and special effect crews and hired auidience's just go to Vegas and watch his show performed live Lamest thing ever seen, hes a copy cat and all the BS you see on TV is made for TV quit being so gullible.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here's the Masked Magician's reveal:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
ha chris angel is fake! mind freak debunked

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join