It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking on Water!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
TOTALLY HELPED ... Glass was removed .. or .....

There was something going on ... the guy in this video is blantantly lieing notice all of his hand movement. Especially aroudn the face. He holds his hands at his face while talking ... This used to be in unbelief but as psych 101 .. has taught us all ... it is actually something that is showing someone is trying to hide something.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Wow. Impressive illusion. It wouldn't be a great illusion if you could explain it, would it? Misdirection. It's all about deceiving the eye. Ask yourself what you are NOT seeing. A cable suspension maybe? I don't know. Camera tricks? Maybe. David Blaine is a big culprit when it comes to camera trickery. And the crowd isn't always as "innocent" as they appear. Add some plexiglass and some actors to the payroll... What do you get?

Look at about 1:09 of the video. A strange line to the left of the shoe... Is that a "clear line"?

But what do I know? Maybe he has supernatural powers. Just like David Copperfield, David Blaine, Harry Houdini, etc. But then why would he call himself an illusionist?

If you look at the video between 1:28 and 1:31 you see a similar "edge" in the water reflections.

My opinion is that he is a great "Illusionist" - I do not feel he has "special powers" other then some real good social engineering skills.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
thats why you also notice when he walks his soles go underwater, a person that could TRULY walk on water should be totally above the water level at the surface

Thats what i said when i said the bottem of his jeans were wet!!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

trousers dry

to be edited tommorow after school with more pics

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
He just pulled a woman apart in half! no joke!

www.youtube.com...

INSANE

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Deformed person with no legs plus a pair of prosthetic legs. If you're ever watched "Maury" on TV, you've probably seen people with this deformity.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Funnily enough, last night on CHannel 5(UK) there was a show called 'The Woma with Half a Body', about a woman who had no legs.

See, the give away that this was infact a woman with only half a body is the way in which she moves.
For a start, anyone loses there legs, they are gonna freak and not move, probably faint. Then the movement and speed obviously indicates that she is used to this.
This show(on Ch5) had experts discussing the initial reaction to move without legs its walking on your hands, its only after a while and training can you a)move fluidly b) realise that walking on your arms is better.

Kudos to the designers of Prosthetic legs though, they were truly great.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by promomag

www.youtube.com...

INSANE

Hehehehe... And the torso makes a brake for it...! The upper half has been waiting for years to escape the lower half... The perfect opportunity presented itself as Chris Angel prepared to perform magic...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Originally posted by promomag

www.youtube.com...

INSANE

Hehehehe... And the torso makes a brake for it...! The upper half has been waiting for years to escape the lower half... The perfect opportunity presented itself as Chris Angel prepared to perform magic...

I can't believe it .. But I have not noticed this and I have watched this video like 10 times .... Watch as the lady lays down on the bench ... He lays her there.... Being just a torso and arms she would have to help herself down or she would have just slammed into the bench maybe knocking her out ... Thank about iuf you didn't have legs .. one day i woke up ... and my arms were asleep ... and i couldn't even sit up in my bed ... But notice he helps her head or keeps her head rather ffrom slamming into the bench.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Indeed... Actually Snopes.com takes a half-hearted shot at it. They don't reveal the secret due to the "magician's code", but they give enough clues.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
...its a lady with no legs an a fake bottom half. were done with this now

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
o god this is amazing. I saw this guy on TV, he was on news
how did he does that

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
O.K.. everybody- Lets all just relax - It's just a TRICK, nothing more nothing less. The fact that he has been able to pull 5 pages of postings on this trick shows you just how good an illusionist he is.
I say lets applaud him as a Artist and leave it at that.
I watched it and was entertained, plexiglass or cable hoist or jet fountains or.......
I wife has this great trick where she goes out on a Saturday morning with my Credit Card and comes back with a new pair of Shoes, she swears she doesn't know how she got them but incredibly the EXACT amount of money that they cost has been debited from my card!!!!! AMAZING.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
It has been written and said that jesus himself went to the Budhist monks and trained to be enlightened,which is where he recieved the mental and spiritual capabilities that he had..i very much do not doubt that this man has extremely trained himself to that awarness..it is much possible for any of us wonderful not enlightened yet creatures to do these amazing things..id also like to point out though..that exactly one minute (1:29) seconds...you see to the right of where he steps a line..possibly a rippled reflextion of the pixie glass he is probably walking on..plus another scene where the cam from under the water films his steps..notice he avoids stepping on it...it would imediatly give away that he is walking on somthing..and when he drops his first shoe...it looks like it never droped into the water..more the less grabed by someone and tossed in..just a little summery of wat i think..enjoy

Signed-Kiliker

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiliker30
It has been written and said that jesus himself went to the Budhist monks and trained to be enlightened,which is where he recieved the mental and spiritual capabilities that he had..i very much do not doubt that this man has extremely trained himself to that awarness..it is much possible for any of us wonderful not enlightened yet creatures to do these amazing things..id also like to point out though..that exactly one minute (1:29) seconds...you see to the right of where he steps a line..possibly a rippled reflextion of the pixie glass he is probably walking on..plus another scene where the cam from under the water films his steps..notice he avoids stepping on it...it would imediatly give away that he is walking on somthing..and when he drops his first shoe...it looks like it never droped into the water..more the less grabed by someone and tossed in..just a little summery of wat i think..enjoy

Signed-Kiliker

Please, tell me where Jesus got any of his Stregnth from anyone but hid father ....

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiliker30

Signed-Kiliker

Please, tell me where Jesus got any of his Stregnth from anyone but hid father ....

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
We who love the Father get strength from the Father.

Those who love Satan get strength from Error; their strength is temporary.

Be not afraid, who love the Father.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If only we can build a time machine and put some of these illusionist in it to go to Earth in 100 B.C., they can do their walk on water stuns and pulling people apart stunts to convince the people then that they were gods or had special powers.

Too bad they tried it on people in this era, we are smarter.....
yay!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well yea yea yea...i get how to do all of those tricks but the one that he does that blows my mind is the "Matrix" trick:
www.youtube.com...

take a look at it an please email me how in the hell he does [email protected] for ur time...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ok I'm new here but here are my thoughts on this illusion. Firstly I'm almost certain this isn't camera trickery. Firstly (and I know this isn't great evidence) I know I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I just outright told a lie like this. Secondly, I'm reminded of what some clever man said about two people being able to keep a secret providing one of them is dead. I've spent a while looking for solutions to this on the internet and the so called "invisible internet" and found nothing. So no one seems to know how its done and if you ask me, if it looks like a mystery, and it smells like a mystery, its a duck. I think i may have that quote wrong. Anyway, my theory is that this trick must take some skill and practise. So i was thinking of some kind of transparent and buoyant object that Chris moves as he walks across. I don't have a complete explanation but imagine that when he lifts one foot he subtly rotates or shimmys the object forward with the other and continues this motion repeatedly. It kind of explains stuff. Like I say it'd still be mega difficult but I can see someone managing it. Chris must be rich enough to have his own pool for practise right? Anyway, tell me if you can shoot some holes in this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join