It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One world currency....feasable?

page: 1

join
share:
d1k

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
We've all heard about a one world government but nothing about a one world currency. If there is one thing that would complicate the process of going to a one world government it would be the transition of moving every country to a one world currency. When I think about how to go about this after a while I start to think that it would be too much hassle to even try to attempt, but if we are moving to a one world government this would be necessary.

What is the feasibility of this? What would be the political obstacles to over come and what would be a realistic time frame to convert the entire world over to a one world currency?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well you're right, if there was a world government of course we'd need a world dollar. It's hard to picture right now because different countries have different values with there own currencies; some are higher some lower. But Europian countries all have one currency, the eruo dollar.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I can see a transition period with economic blocks forming around currencies like the Euro. Perhaps the North American countries will get together out of neccessity to combat a strengthening Euro.

More countries are still joining the European Union, and I think Britain is holding out so it can join with the United States, Canada and Mexico. And if Hugo Chevez gets tossed out, Venezuala would make a good addition.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
Well you're right, if there was a world government of course we'd need a world dollar. It's hard to picture right now because different countries have different values with there own currencies; some are higher some lower. But Europian countries all have one currency, the eruo dollar.

MOST European countries use the Euro, not all have adapted to it yet.

One could say that even though it's not 'currency' in the traditional sense, that data is currency. Any more, you can use a credit or debit cards at nearly every country.

new topics

top topics

join