It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now it's "The US Police State is Here"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
More blatantly anti-American vitriol, "The US Police State is Here", patent crap overblowing the imposition of post 9/11 security measures - but swallowed whole and with an absence of mental chewing by the forum administrators.

Either they are Ameri-phobic, or Ameri-obsessed, or both.

And so the racism and hatred towards Americans continues, and so I continue to point out the obvious agenda here.

For an otherwise excellent web site, the bias stinks.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Did you bother reading the articles? If you have a problem with the assertion, by all means address it on the appropriate thread.

Also, what kind of race do you think Americans are?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Winchester Ranger T, I provided you with an accurate definition of the term Racism in your other thread similar to this one. As you have chosen to ignore it, I shall provide it for you again:

Racism

Read it this time.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
How would you go about fixing this? What would make it better?

Yeah, I think the forum staff are a little bias, but it does not affect the way business is ran. The only biasness is in their personnel views and opinions of the topics on ATS.

Sporty

[edit on 11/6/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Lets face it- we represent the general public! What is the public opinion about the Police State? What are the Polls at now? How do most Americans feel? The majority do not like this president and beleive we ARE in a police state.

Is that being bias?
A spade should be called a spade, imo.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
For an otherwise excellent web site, the bias stinks.

I assume you wish for a different bias, perhaps yours?

I doubt anyone here would deem the Major's leanings as un-American, and I find the general tone here at ATS a pleasant olive drab. If the color is not to your liking, feel free to paint the walls pink, just remember, everyone is a critic, and may not share you "eye" for the "aesthetic."

That being said,

Carry on.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by Major Discrepancy]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You could always try avoiding the front page, since that seems to be what causes most of your gastrointestinal distress.

AND BY THE WAY - this is a MISUSE OF BOARD BUSINESS FORUM!

This forum really isn't for you to whine and moan every time something makes your senses tingle and the veil tear a bit.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Anti-Americanism is different from racism. Although anti-Americanism is a form of bigotry, since it is a dislike for a person based on national origin. Bigotry is basically hatred or negative beliefs about a group of people based on race, sex, religon, national origin, ethnic group, ect.

However, criticism of the U.S. government is not necessarily anti Americanism or bigotry. Its actually quite American. I do not understand how the police state thread is bigoted against American people. Can you clarify your reasons, specifically?

I am not denying you your opinions, as some of them are pretty good. I am just interested in specifics and why this upsets you so.

Remember, its a very American thing to distrust and criticize those in power when they are acting in a manner that is counter to the American ideal of freedom and dignity.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Winchester Ranger T
Use the Complaint Button for your ... complaints.

Or you could always start a board of your own and run it the way you think it should be run. Perhaps with a nice Anti-UK slant?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
How would you go about fixing this? What would make it better?

Thanks for the first mature response.

I realise that pointing out bias, racism, or just plain nastiness towards Americans (the precise definition isn't the point here Mr.Link guy) may not make be very popular with the Trolls and haters hereabouts, it may even get me banned - a genuine mini-conspiracy for you to mull over following my demise. But I can't ignore it.

The solution is easy, if it's a subject that may involve a conspiracy and it involves the US it's fair game, if you are using some fatuous excuse to stick up linked headlines like "Bush Rodeo", and "US Police State" then it's just hatred being dressed up as a conspiracy topic.

Why don't we see links for Swedish Mermaid research, or Albanian Robot soldiers, or Australian genetics experiments performed on Aborigines - no it's just straight USA kicking 24/7.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hope this is not going to turn into another "Remove the Bush rodeo post" type thread.
Why all the hostility towards eachother? This is a forum for free thinking people to gather, do you expect us all to gather to praise Bush and Fox News and the conservative agenda? Who cares who the staff supports cause I have never seen a post removed because it was "conservative" and I have been reading here for about a year (even though I just recently joined). I am conservativ and many other posters are to, but you don't join a consperiacy site unless you are the suspicious type! I don't know why anyone expects everyone to follow line and not "bash America".

And America is not a race!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I can answer that!

Because the members aren't putting them up?

YEAH, that's it. It's member-driven content. Go figure.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
I assume you wish for a different bias, perhaps yours?

Don't assume. My wish is for no bias in the forum administration against any nation - but I EXPECT it in the views of individual members, myself included. Is that so very unreasonable of me.

If the forum does not conduct itself in a fair and unbiased manner, how can we trust its handling of board material.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I can answer that!

Because the members aren't putting them up?

YEAH, that's it. It's member-driven content. Go figure.

Since one of the threads was yours, we can obviously expect fair and balanced comments.

Memeber content is fine, we are talking about HEADLINING anti-American threads.

Seriously, is my point so hard to comprehend. Everyone seems to be interested in defining racism or talking about the free speech of members - that's not the point.

Failure to counter the issue is a sure sign that it's valid.

Listen, you can disagree to your hearts content, my opinion is what it is, and every time I believe an anti-American thread is headline linked, one that is not just American but anti-American, then I'll call it out.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by Winchester Ranger T]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
No, I'll counter it, because it's utterly invalid.

Speaking against errant policies is not anti-American.

You're entire original post in this thread (and the other one) is based on an erroneous assumption. Sorry - Winnie, but you're skewed in your thinking.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
patent crap overblowing the imposition of post 9/11 security measures

This is a CONSPIRACY THEORY discussion board!

If you are unable to juxtapose 30 years of historical conspiracy theory research with modern-day events, and surmise that many of those theories appear to be coming to pass, and instead grow angry... then perhaps this is not the best site for you to frequent.

There are dozens of popular political and general interest discussion boards that might better suit your taste.

(thread closed)

new topics

top topics

join