It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it that sometimes when I post a link it does not work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Why is it that sometimes when I post a link it does not work?
Someone asked about if a UFO pic had been discussed here at ATS, having just seen the pic a few days ago I tried to provided a link to the thread in which it had been dealt with. I copied and pasted the address and when I posted it the address came up as regular print. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Here on ATS, something called BB Code is employed to make pictures show up, make text different colours, bold, etc. The one you are looking for is probably this one:

[ats ] PUT LINK HERE [/ats ] (with no spaces)

But if it isn't a picture on a site that you have permission to link to, you don't want to hotlink so you should use code like this:

[img ] PUT LINK HERE [/img ] (with no spaces)

This will make an EXTERNAL IMAGE link, instead of actually displaying the image.

Hope this helps =),
Yarcofin

[edit on 11-6-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Copy the whole address like so...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is a link to this page. I'm thinking that you had inadvertantly missed the http :// header

No need to do anything after that, but paste it into your reply.

[edit on 6/11/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Is it the one on this page?

Sometimes an apostrophe (') is on the end of the thread url. You have to be sure to delete that. Hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Is it the one on this page?

Sometimes an apostrophe (') is on the end of the thread url. You have to be sure to delete that. Hope that helps.

Yes that is the latest case of this happening to me. what did I do wrong?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk
what did I do wrong?

You didn't delete the apostrophe. For some reason that I am unaware, sometimes an apostrophe just magically appears. Delete it and you'll be fine.

Got any other examples?
We can't tell you what's wrong without looking at them.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Thank you BH. There are more out there like that, but I can not remember where. From now on I will know to check for the apostrophes. Mods feel free to delete this thread.
Peace
Mr Mx

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
For some reason the apostraphe will appear in the url of a thread if you have accessed via your "my ATS" page, so these are the links that you need to remember to alter when copy pasting into a post.

top topics

join