It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Copenhagen!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Heyall, glad to be aboard!

Im not a big poster, no time, no energy, but Im a big old lurker, and I use my lurking techniques to relax after a long day, while still learning a bit if Im lucky heh

Sometimes its funny to be into "conspiracies" and weird0 stuff, sometimes its a bore..but there was so much about 9/11 that was wrong that I started looking around on the web, and then I found Conspiracy Central. So Ive been lurking for some time there, but lately its been too paranoid and silly and then I saw a link to this place, so thats how I found it.

I dont believe anyone anywhere is being paid by anyone to be a socalled "disinfo agent", I find the idea wholly ridiculous and naive. I also think Al Bielek and Phil Schneider belonged in a mental institution. So you might say Im into and believe in government coverups and a bit of the old "theres more between Heaven and Earth than dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio", but I dont believe in all the weirdo stuff, no ufos and underground bases, no prisoncamps and what have we..I guess Im a sorta middle of the road kinda conspiracy interested person and I'd like to be able to voice my scepticism without being accused of being a disinfo agent (again, some people need a realitycheck) or being banned by some nazi admin who doesnt think his forum is for doubts and debunks. I hope this is the place Im looking for, and Im looking forward to explore the site :-)

Bit about me, Im from Copenhagen, Im 33 and Im a professional historian, my area of expertise is the history and evolution of economic theories, but Ive got too great hair to be a real nerd. Besides this, Im into Maroccan agricultural products and kung fu movies. So I guess Im nothing special but Im not a dummy either. Ive chosen this name because Im a humorous guy who easily laughs at 15 yr old kids calling eachother disinfo agents, but I promise I wont post just to diss anyone, in fact I doubt I'll post much at all, as Ive mentioned, I use this for relaxation and slant knowledge..Oh yeah, and I love Uriah Heep

Well, ^^^^a mess of an introduction post, but what can you do

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Neils Bohr rocks. Tell me historian, I would like to inquire about the 1943 escape from Nazi Occupied Copenhagen by Bohr. Was he assisted by other than copenhagen freddom fighters, like perhaps the special op's by US ot British MI6's? I realize his importance on the atom bomb back here in the US was paramount, so I'm figuring perhaps he was used as collateral by Britain to gain a partnership on the program. Any info that is under the line of written history? AAC

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, lmao! - love your username

I hope that you enjoy your stay here.

Need help with the site? Find it here. ---->ATS help files

------------------------------------------

Don't forget to have fun while you're here.
Check out some of these forums on BelowTopSecret

General Chit Chat

Chit Chat Subjects

Travel
Jokes, Puns & Pranks
Folk Tales & Urban Legends
Food & Cooking
Relationships
People
Faith, Spirituality, & Theology
Health & Wellness
Rant
Members
Dreams & Personal Predictions

Arts & Entertainment

General Entertainment Discussion
Video Games
Television
Movies
Music
Comics
Fantasy & Science Fiction
Literature
Member Art

Computers & Internet

Computer Help
Website Design
Interesting Websites

Mechanic 32.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Neils Bohr rocks. Tell me historian, I would like to inquire about the 1943 escape from Nazi Occupied Copenhagen by Bohr. Was he assisted by other than copenhagen freddom fighters, like perhaps the special op's by US ot British MI6's?

Hey bro. Well, you know this isnt really something I know much about, but..Bohr escaped to Sweden and from there to London in a military plane, so I think its a safe call to say this was beyond merely Danish freedom fighters. But I do not know if special ops were involved already in Copenhagen, although I would suspect that he atleast had made contacts through UK colleagues, or had been contacted through them.
It is important to remember that Bohr wanted to avoid a race of arms, and he had very serious concerns about keeping nuclear knowledge from the Soviet. So he was a complex man, who believed knowledge about nuclear weapons and nuclear technologies would and should lead to an "open world" in which sharing all info internationally would be the only way to avoid the suspicions and mistrust that would lead to an armsrace. After the war he kept a steady contact with several statesmen about his thoughts on this subject. But that ofcourse is besides your question, Im just mentioning it to illustrate that Bohr was far from the "distant professor" type, so it is likely he was "ahead of the horse" and had his international contacts in full operation when he escaped, which means he had all the secret agents of the allies to help him escape any time for sure.

Cheers m8

lmaoedit: whether UK used him as leverage..I think its more complicated than that, the British had a finger in many other scientists from germany, Poland and France et cet. who had escaped plus many other factors, but this is far from my area of interest, so I am very hesitant to go into any detailed line of thought on this subject.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by lmao]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS
!!!

Blue x x x x x x

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i am a robot.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thanks alot for the info, Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
lmaoedit: hit wrong button in wrong place, pls delete :-)

[edit on 11-6-2006 by lmao]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Welcome! If you're an old lurker you'll definitely have no problem jumping right in!

top topics

join