It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matrix vs Truman...which is more realistic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
OK, first off, i Don't know if this belongs here so if its moved, cool.

My question is based around two differing senarios posed by the two Movies The Matrix and The Truman Show.

Which is the most realistic premise.
In terms of The Matrix, sentient Computers taking control and making us work for them and placing us in a virtual reality we are un aware of.

or

In terms of The Truman Show, people(or indeed the world) being used as a sourse of entertainment for a higher being, someone watching 27/7....feasibly, if God exists then we could already be this one.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

In terms of The Truman Show, people(or indeed the world) being used as a source of entertainment for a higher being, someone watching 27/7....feasibly, if God exists then we could already be this one.

Why would it be just for entertainment purposes, i mean, i know the Truman show idea, that was for entertainment, but maybe for other purposes?

Maybe both theories might be true in some way.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well, taking into consideration the state of our culture at the moment, I'd say Truman is much more likely.

Who knows, Earth or even our whole Universe could be designed as some big or gigantically enourmous reality show for some alien audiance sitting on what is to us sofa's drinking a substance suspiciously like beer while wafting very familiar bodily gasses into the atmosphere watching(or participating) in their version of the boob tube. Both kinda Matrixy and Trumany at the same time if you look at it a certain way.
I don't buy it myself but it would be an interesting sci-fi movie. Did something similiar in Southpark.
PLEASE DON'T CANCEL EARTH!?!?

Okay time for bed now.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Actually is a great thought.

It is easier to wrap your mind around The Truman Show being more realistic, as the so-called rabbit whole would have to go much deeper for the Matrix to be proven real.

After watching the Truman Show for the first time, I used to always ponder if my life was actually being shown live on television.

So I toss up a vote to Truman on this one.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I think its definately the truman show, just by looking at big brother and the other reality programmes on TV at the moment, the next logical step would be reality TV where the people dont realise they are in it, making it more realistic.

I think the tech of the Matrix is far away but we are already in a Truman style voyeur society.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
My vote is for the truman show. The matrixis much more in-depth and by that I mean theres a lot more tachnology envolved.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think The Matrix is more realistic!

*SPOILER*

Truman Show isn't easy to control the people in the show.

Everyday that Jim Carry walkin out the door,everything on the street would propably do the samething as yesterday.So it's not possible that Jim couldn't notice that state.

It's not as realistic should be.

The Matrix is possible because it can 'hide'.

Sentinal,Smith,Neo aren't live in this world but in The MATRIX.

It's in your mind.

new topics

top topics

join