It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Section?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've just contacted the 3 Amigo's regarding a new section containing all hoax thread.. a hoax forum as it were.. Just seeing what others think of this? I think it'd make some good reading!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We already have that forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
When clicking the link it shows a page saying 'you are not permitted to view this forum'.. any ideas?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sorry, it was a bad joke. It's the mod only trash bin.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I just was as a hox I hate them :bnghd:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
area 51 man just ran a bogus thread that got the member banned.

Though I enjoy following some of these threads because of the replies from the real ATS Members, it would be great to have these sort of threads moved to a BTS area so we could all have a good laugh when things get too serious on the ATS and PTS boards.

EDIT: I would love to go through the Trash Bin. The entertainment value of those threads would be great.
And what's the deal with the thread that keeps popping up, but you can never get there ?
###WARNING THREAD###

[edit on 11/6/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Sorry, it was a bad joke. It's the mod only trash bin.

Even the mods here have a hoax or two up there sleeve.

btw - kinglizard your font seems too light with your white background. imo.

Just a shade darker would be nice for us who are almost blind.

[edit on 6/11/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
area 51 man just ran a bogus thread that got the member banned.

Yeh.. It was that thread that made me think of trying to set one up! It's just funny watching it esculate from a simple claim to a full snowball like lie getting worse and worse (and more comical).

And your always always guaranteed to get a member who fully believes the case and will ask something regarding the lie.. dangle a maggot and some fish will always bite!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It gets better, especially when everyone knows the guys been 'made'. Totally disregards the fact that his IP was traced, and carries on, like it did'nt happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights

Yeh.. It was that thread that made me think of trying to set one up!

...........dangle a maggot and some fish will always bite!

I would pay 100,000 points to have access to a Trash Bin forum that you could only read the threads but not reply. If the buy-in is set really high to view the forum you'll only have long term members being able to read it.

And most of the ATS members that have been around for a while can spot the hook that the maggot has impaled himself on. I'm always impressed with the number of intelligent members that are attracted to these boards, and they outnumber the numbskulls...

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
And what's the deal with the thread that keeps popping up, but you can never get there ?
###WARNING THREAD###

This is a mod-specific thread where we track all mod actions, whether it be a One-Liner or a ban. It exists for audit purposes... and also as evidence the morning after when SkepticOverlord gets drunk and starts banning mods who don't listen to his exact words...

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I always suspected that Skeptic was a drinker.

But late at night I begin to wonder about a few members, including myself........

Thanx SimonGray, I've been wondering about that for a while.

anx.

new topics

top topics

join