It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden City Underneath Adelaide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
ISJ

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
The above link www.addelayed.com should explain better. I'm pretty sure thats the link.

Sorry but that url doesn't seem to work for me either.

BTW I'm loving the "buy some class" line.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Tut tut....
Have been watching this thread in the hope it would develop/ pics evidence being posted. It's really disappointing to see such a 'story' go to waste!!

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ive heard that there are a whole network of underground tunnels under the city of Adelaide. (my home town).

One is alleged to link the old police HQ in Angus St with Government house and the parliament (both on North Trc).

Anyway one day I was sitting in the east parklands at the end of Rundle st, and this guy in a suit with a briefcase gets out of a black car, goes to a small building, opens the door and enters therein.

Now, had this guy been wearing a hardhat and a pair of overalls, I likely would have paid little attention, for the small building was the one next to the little lake with the paddle boats - I had assumed it was merely a pump house for the (artificial) lake.

anyway to make a short story long, I followed the guy through the door to find he had disapeared, presumably down a deep flight of steps that now descended before me. No I didn't follow further, but I stayed around for a few hours and the guy in the suit never returned.

maybe some of you people in Adelaide can check it out?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I've never been to Adelaide personally, but I hope to go there and when I do I will check all the places named out.

If anyone lives in Adelaide it would be good if you could look into it!

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
sheesh...ok
will have a lookee.

But, I am sure that there is good reason why nobody has! or has the inclination to!!

edit to insert :

Tunnels
Monday, 7th Nov, 2005

I've heard the best graffiti in Adelaide is to be found in underground tunnels around the city. I've also heard that during the war, people in Adelaide hid their valuables in underground tunnels and as they forgot to remove them, the valuables remain in the tunnels to this day. I tend not to believe the second story. I've looked for the entrance to the Kent Town tunnel, but haven't been able to find it yet. On the weekend i saw what looked like the entrance to a tunnel in St Peters, but it was getting dark and I was too afraid to get too close. I don't think i'll ever be a Goonie. Phil Davis has some photos of and information about underground tunnels in Adelaide here. The Adelaide branch of Cave Clan, a group of underground ‘urban explorers’, has a website here.
adelaideindex.com...

ho hum... *coughs...where is the person who started the thread?
hmmmmmmmmm

and some more:
www.geocities.com... some clan cave people in Adelaide with a logo that looks surprisingly like coke cola... oooo maybe it means something??

Adelaide Zorga's Tomb Zorga's fiund
Adelaide Saint Peter's Twins Twin tunnels
Adelaide Eli's Tomb In the country, this drain is shaped in natural rocks.
ref above...

www.forbidden-places.be...

well hardly any of the links work...and I am not surprised, of course they would be. Goodluck finding alternative info esp pics ...

[edit on 18-6-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Just had a quick search, afew pics I found are below:

Afew interesting quotes from various sources and sites:

the chamber is approximately seven to eight meters high and from on top it is built like a castle fortification which just makes it even more impressive … from on top there is also a plaque detailing the tunnel was built in circa 1917 … a very old tunnel indeed but less than a hundred years old the formations in this tunnel are growing at a very rapid rate!

This is no ordinary wall … the last section of the tunnel is made out of sexy-slate, just for that final touch as you head on through. You think that's cool!?! Wait until you step outside, climb up the mini-slide and discover that you're right in the middle of the Keswick Army Barracks!!! A great exit to a great tunnel!

Being a rail tunnel there is no other access other than the known entrance and exit - there is rumoured to be a station accessible from Govt House and also the Parade Grounds but these rumours are more than likely mere speculation and even if access were available from such buildings arrangements would prove rather difficult.

When I first researched the story I thought nothing more than speculation surrounding a drain. I'm not saying they are anything more but they also appear to be have used as bunkers possibly? And secret escape/ entry tunnels around the city. Anybody find anything different?

Oh and the quotes/pictures were mainly sought from: Link

Admin edit: Massive link was causing page problems

[edit on 19-8-2006 by SimonGray]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
well done knight!!

none of the links I found worked.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Most towns/cities have underground tunnels and bunkers..Though on the outskirts of Adelaide there is an Opal mining town called Coober Pedy and most of it is still underground. It was built underground due to the intense heat. Due to its close proximity to Adelaide I would imagine, before the invention of air-conditioning, that parts of Adelaide were also built underground. To ensure the survival of it's residents against to the harsh climate.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's interesting how people hear little bits of information here and there, and before you know it, they have pieced it all together and decided its all part of some massive secret underground network.

Sadly, atleast in this case, this far from reality.

Adelaide, like most cities, has its fair share of tunnels. These include, drainage, utility, access, train, etc. Unfortunately, they very rarely connect with eachother, and certainly do not combine to form some sort of underground city.

Some points about the information mentioned in this thread:

www.addelayed.com (no longer online) was full of assumptions and inaccurate information. It was run by the same person who ran www.geocities.com...

There are tunnels under Victoria Square. Some were dug as bunkers in WW2 and have since been filled in. Others were used to transport government staff, money, and gold between the Treasuary, the Torrens building, and the Post office. These have since been blocked at several places between buildings.

There is no tunnel running from 'one of the major banks'. The closest any tunnel gets to a bank would be the above mentioned tunnels which run under the road/footpath outside the former reserve bank.

The 'entrance accidently dug up' near elder park was actually part of an embankment leading to the entrance of a disused train tunnel. This tunnel was once part of the Jubilee train line, and dispite claims made on www.geocities.com/dr_f1l_good of an underground "station accessible from Govt House and also the Parade Grounds" the tunnel is actually only 20 meters long at best.

The monastery tunnels mentioned by mojo4sale are probably the stormwater drain that runs through the grounds. It is 5 or 6 Km (~3.5miles) from the anzac memorial mentioned.

The tunnel used by people to sneak in to the 'Big Day Out' event in the Wayville showgrounds was a storm water drain. - It has since been secured.

thepresidentsbrain talks about a tunnel linking "the old police HQ in Angus St with Government house and the parliament". There was (and i beleive still is) a tunnel running from the watchhouse (attached to the police building) to the neighbouring magistrates courts. This is used to transfer prisoners in custody from the cells to the court rooms.

There have been rumors for years about a tunnel linking Government house to Parliament house, however i have never seen any evidence of this. It is possible that it is being confused with a tunnel that once existed running from Parliament house to the neighbouring train station.

There is a small building in the east parklands, however it is mearly a pump house. it definately has no stairs.

NJE777 refers to two tunnels, one in Kent town, and one in St Peters. These are both stormwater drains. They roughly follow the original paths of First and Second creeks.

Knights quotes an External site (again by dr_f1l_good) which refers to a tunnel with "castle fortification" built in 1917. This is a reservoir supply tunnel and is full of running water. It is outside the Adelaide metro area. The 'sexy-slate' tunnel also mentioned is another stormwater drain.

The two images in Knights post are from tunnels under the Adelaide metro area. The first shows the entrance to an overflow drain in the north eastern suburbs. And the second is taken in a former train tunnel in the Adelaide hills.

Although the town of Coober Pedy mentioned by gizzey is in the same state as Adelaide, it is over 900Km (660miles) away. And the climate is very very different.

I have been studying the tunnels under adelaide for over 10 years now. As much as i would like these stories to be true, sadly most of them are not as impressive as they seem.

If anyone has any questions or comments, you are more than welcome to contact me at 'wizard -at- caveclan d0t org'. I am not a regular user of this forum and may not be back to check on replys.

Regards,

Wizard
Adelaide Cave Clan.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777

well hardly any of the links work...and I am not surprised, of course they would be. Goodluck finding alternative info esp pics ...

urbantwilight.net...

Pics of lots of underground tunnels in Australia. Including photos of many of the Adelaide places mentioned in this thread.

Wizard
Adelaide Cave Clan

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Interesting , that all of the Anti American post have been kept here posted ,

While my Post have been deleted .. And my post simple Stated --

do you have a prob with Americans ?? ----

oh and I did say in another post the guy was jerk for telling the guy to get a map
and referring to him as U have to be an American .. Like thats bad ?? .

Interesting indeed . I guess I'll have to get the word out , about how this site condones Anti Americanism .

Im Sure people like
Alex Jones
Art Bell
George Norry

and SOOOO many others will love to hear about this .

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
--------------- Update --------------

Nice list of Sponsors , ATS . IM impressed .

past few hrs , ive been getting them all together and wow , nice list .

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNik

Originally posted by Cynic

Originally posted by Kacen
Where is "Adelaide"? What country is it in? Your being kinda vague as to the location of this place.

You gotta be American. Buy an atlas OK?

And you gotta be about rude!

When one brings info to an international forum, it can not be expected that all the readers of the world know every damn locale of every country.

Buy a book on courtesy OK?

NN

Nice , my post have been deleted for speaking out on the hate speech .
Banning me again wont help ATS , I alrdy have a list of the Sponsors for this site.

Instead of censoring me for fighting the hate mongering , Maybe you should ban censor the hate speech .

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Just to let you guys Know --- ATS has been trying to ban for fighting against the HATE speech on this web site And the Anti Americanism .

Apparently ATS mods would rather just ban me ? instead of censoring the hate speech ..

thats like killing the fireman whos trying to put out the fire.

Im all for world peace and stuff , but yet I get banned for speaking out against the hatred on this web site . -- go figure .

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Atleast have enough Courtesy to email me and let me know why im being banned.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavageXXX
Atleast have enough Courtesy to email me and let me know why im being banned.

Please use the 'complaint' function at the top of the site if you have a complaint. If you have feedback to a particular thread- please by all means post. If not, using a thread to lodge a personal complaint derails the thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
G'day,

Ive heard about these tunnels, apparently they run under north terrace and link between the law courts for transporting prisoners etc. Ive been working at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and I can tell you there is a system of tunnels which run under its sub basement and connect with tunnels under north terrace and ayers house (an old house on north terrace which use to be a nursing home). I believe the tunnels were built in war time but now they're blocked off.

tom.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Ive seen three windows into these tunnels, they are very old, not service tunnels or modern prisoner transport tunnels.

The 1st is at the Police Station on Victoria Square. The second is at the court house on the other side of the same square. And the third is under the floor of the GP Doctor on the Parade in Norwood, about 8ks away from the first two.

I know there are also tunnels under the Adelaide University and Art Gallery.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hi All,

I'm from Adelaide. Ironic that this topic has appeared as I was reading about this the other day, I will try to remember what source that was and post it.

It is common knowledge that there are tunnels under the CBD in Adelaide. From memory there are several tunnels that connect to various buildings (old hertiage buildings). One of the tunnels runs under the old treasary building (now the The treasury hotel), two that go from parliament house, one goes to the train station (so the house members could get their train without getting wet) and another that runs from governor house and connects to parliament house.

In the say source was and mention of a tunnel running under North Terrace that housed a train line, the line was used by retail businesses to have stock delivered.

I will try to find this article.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thepresidentsbrain

hey there, were bouts did u c this man enter. I heard rumours for years that there is tunnels under adelaide that were bulid for the war effort, the tunnels from what I here link. Government house, paraliment house, reserve bank, and other important landmarks of that era. I have also heard that the tunnels lead out towards the hills as an escape route. Ture or not I dopn not know. Some pictures would be great thou.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join