It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh supports the Black Caucus!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
www.rushlimbaugh.com...

With everybody else paying attention to al-Zarqawi and his assuming room temperature, the Democrats were trying to get rid of Congressman William Jefferson (Democrat-Louisiana). The Congressional Black Caucus stood up, opposed the move, and said the that Democratic lawmaker deserves a presumption of innocence. The caucus chairman is Representative Mel Watt of North Carolina, and he said that "some black voters might ask why some action was sought against a black member of Congress when there was neither precedent nor rule for it."

Now, haven't we heard the Democrats accuse the Republicans of running the House "like a plantation"? We have heard that said. That was one of the mantras that the Democrats tried, that the House was run like a plantation. Well, excuse me, but who is it that seems to be running the Ways and Means Committee and their own caucus like a plantation? It sounds to me like it is the Democrats doing this. Now, I know what some of you are thinking. Okay, the Black Caucus is asking for the presumption of innocence for Congressman William Jefferson (Democrat-Louisiana), and they're saying that we shouldn't rush to judgment out there. They don't think anything should happen to Congressman William Jefferson (Democrat-Louisiana) at all.

Compare William Jefferson to Tom Delay, both where accused. Tom Delay loses his leadership position and resigns. Jefferson gets the presumption of innocence.

As always Rush is right again!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ohmigod... I can't believe he said this:

The caucus chairman is Representative Mel Watt of North Carolina, and he said that "some black voters might ask why some action was sought against a black member of Congress when there was neither precedent nor rule for it."

Neither precedent nor rule????

What kind of "rule" do you need to bust a scumbag extortionist caught on videotape, lining his own pockets???

In - credible!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Wow! I never thought I'd see the day that Rush would come to the defense of a Democrat, and a minority one boot!!! This is why I love this site. You just never know what you'll find next.

As for the comparison between Jefferson and DeLay, both congressmen were asked to initially resign at the beginning of their respective scandals. At the time both refused to do so. So, it's really not a surprise that Jefferson hasn't stepped down.

Are both men guilty of the crimes they have been accused of? Well, with the mountain of evidence against both, it would appear to be so.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Carseller, thanks for posting the excerpts. But uunless you're a member, you can't read the full article.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Wow! I never thought I'd see the day that Rush would come to the defense of a Democrat, and a minority one boot!!! This is why I love this site. You just never know what you'll find next.

I'm not so sure Rush's support is such a great thing these days. I wonder if he realizes that.

Majic's Political Easter Egg: Be the first to name the university Rush Limbaugh dropped out of in this thread and send Majic a U2U with a link to your post, and you will be awarded 500 PTS points.

[edit on 7/15/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Majic's Political Easter Egg: Be the first to name the university Rush Limbaugh dropped out of in this thread and send Majic a U2U with a link to your post, and you will be awarded 500 PTS points.

[edit on 7/15/2006 by Majic]
Southeast Missouri State University

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Majic's Political Easter Eggs

Originally posted by JohnDoe43
Southeast Missouri State University

Correct!

America's "Doctor of Democracy", founder of the "Excellence In Broadcasting (EIB) Network" and head of the "Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies" never finished college.

And he didn't do so hot while he was there, either.

500 PTS Points for you!

new topics

top topics

join