It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'nonprofit' Planned Parenthood - 63 million $ profit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
www.lifenews.com...

Planned Parenthood is supposed to be nonprofit.
Last year
it made a profit of 63 million $$$ and it's just sitting on it. Guess
Hillary will be getting a BIG donation for her presidential campaign?

exerpt coming -

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
June 9, 2006

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- More information is coming forward from
examinations of the annual reports for the Planned Parenthood Federation of
America. The reports show Planned Parenthood continues to be the leading
abortion business in the country -- doing more abortions than any other company.

As LifeNews.com previously reported, Planned Parenthood, a supposedly
nonprofit organization, brought in $882 million in FY 2004-2005 a whopping
increase of 8.9 percent over the previous reporting period. The abortion
business made $63 million in profit last year.

New information shows Planned Parenthood, as of June 2005, had net assets
valued at $784.1 million, of which $302.1 million is unrestricted. PPFA has another
$107.6 million that is temporarily restricted.

More at the source -
www.lifenews.com...

What really gets me is that even though they are supposedly nonprofit
(yeah right
), and they have such a huge amount of money in the bank,
they are still demanding more of our state and federal tax money.
One third of it's income ($272.7 million) comes from our taxes which
could better be spent elsewhere then just dumping it into their
'nonprofit' savings account.

[edit on 6/11/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
From your source:

The reports show Planned Parenthood continues to be the leading
abortion business in the country

"Abortion business"? This connotation doesn't make the source seem biased at all! /sarcasm

It's interesting that this "large profit" Planned Parenthood supposedly has doesn't show up on any major news source that I could find. The only places I could find it are on are "Christian news" sites and the like, and the only source they ever site is "STOPP", a watchdog group whose sole intent is to watch Planned Parenthood.

Doesn't that seem a little curious to anyone?

MFP

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
People can say what they want about Planned Parenthood I would rather them giving out free condoms and accessable birth control to people then not. I know they do this because where I used to live you could go in and get them from the lady at the front desk. It is better people go to places like planned parenthood then contract an STD or have an unwanted pregnancy.

I have heard people say stuff about planned parenthood for years but knowing people who have gone to planned parenthood for whatever reason especially when I was in highschool shows me that the organization isn't all bad.

When it comes to abortion I have never heard anyone from PP really advocating it I find these people advocate not getting pregnant or diseased in the first place. If your pregnant I am sure that they will make you aware of the option but when one of my friends got pregnant in highschool they leaned more towards adoption as a viable solution as opposed to abortion. She never accepted neither option and raised the kid by her self.

"It's interesting that this "large profit" Planned Parenthood supposedly has doesn't show up on any major news source that I could find. The only places I could find it are on are "Christian news" sites and the like, and the only source they ever site is "STOPP", a watchdog group whose sole intent is to watch Planned Parenthood"

I noticed this as well and do find it strange....

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If Planned Parenthood has such a large windfall, wonderful! I'm glad, it's a healthcare clinic!
It is much needed organization that provides affordable healthcare for women. They not only provide much needed services, they also educate women on all aspects of family planning. And let's face it abstinence alone is doing the trick.

It's unfortunate Planned Parenthood should be so ruthlessly attacked on a regular basis, for the sole fact that it provides a full spectrum of services for women. I would hate for the days of back alley abortions to return.

So if they have that money, great! They'll be able to provide more women with birth control and aid in keeping abortion rates down.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
If Planned Parenthood has such a large windfall, wonderful! I'm glad, it's a healthcare clinic!

If killing babies is considered "healthcare" I don't know want to know what you consider to be harmful. The original poster's reference cross-validates fairly well here:

Over 3,280 abortions are performed on an average day...
...the profits of Planned Parenthood, the nation’s most prominent provider of so-called “abortion rights,” as revealed in its 2003-04 Annual Report.
Planned Parenthood clinics performed 244,628 surgical abortions, an increase of 6.1 percent. A total of 3.5 million surgical abortions have been performed at PP clinics since 1970.
Planned Parenthood clinics grossed $302.6 million last year, with $104 million coming from surgical abortions.
Total PP income for the year was $810 million, with one-third of that, or $265.2 million, coming from public funds given by our elected officials.
The PP organization has earned net profits for the past 18 years in a row, totaling $538 million."
- www.babylontoday.com...

However I would rather hear from them what they have to say about it. Maybe we can get a hold of the '03 or '04 annual report. Might be something I can follow up on.

top topics

join