It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET Life: Beyond the Facts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
There is an interesting passage in a book I acquired in 1999. There is no place on the net with the text so I was going to post it here. But then I saw the 10000 character limit and saw it was much to large to fit in here, so I posted it in my blog. Why not take a look at it and post some comments? Some thing may be old news, some things you may have never heard before. you can leave comments and opinions here or on the blog. Whatever works for you!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I had posted this about 1 in the morning Mountain Time, so thought I'd just give this a little bump, as I don't think as many people would have seen this as had I posted here in the afternoon when ATS is at it's busiest.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hmm... Soc i guess there was nothing of interest in there? It was the thing that initially got me interestd in Aliens and UFOs, so I thought I'd share. I liked his point on the nuclear testing sending the pulses of electromagnetic wave into space, and then all of a sudden a surge of UFOs emerge.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
An interesting read, but I find it hard to believe that UFO fly bys over military installations or around airborne human craft are only 'peaceful and playful' simply because the UFO's haven't primed their weapons and fired. Based only on this excerpt of the book, there seems to be an assumption that a UFO equals alien life inside. UFO's could also be human made and human flown or drone craft on reconaissance. The whole UFO phenomenon has become a blank canvas upon which any scenario can be painted.

The author seems quick to dismiss the many documented abduction stories because the adbuctees are 'neatly' returned to the place of adbuction. I don't believe this happened to the man documented in Will Strieber's book 'Communion'. In the film he was dumped naked on the street if I remember correctly. If the abductors wanted to keep their activities covert or doubted by the human mass, it would make sense to ensure neat returns.

Given humanity's preoccupation with militarisation, if alien life is visiting Earth you couldn't blame them for being cautious about interaction whether they are benign or malignant and if they do care for us, what our reaction to them would mean for relations between humans. If the existence of UFO's and alien life were conclusively proven, it would be arguably more likely to polarise the human population than unite it, just as the biblical 'End of Days' might make some hordes go on a mad rampage while others pray for salvation.

I don't understand why people believe that an alien lifeform will pass on a vastly superior technology which will bring on a new age of human sensibility along with capability. That seems as hopeful as believing that 'God will save us'. If aliens know anything about us, it's that a prime hunter shouldn't be trusted to be non-aggressive with new technology. Indeed, we may become a threat to them if we gain technology on a par with theirs.

top topics

join