It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK - So here's what happened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
For those who don't know, or don't care
, I live on the southern edge of the desert in Phoenix, Arizona - that's the next state in from Kommiefornia on the west coast.

If I look over my back wall, I see nothing but desert running about 10 miles to a distant mountain range.

It was around 12.30pm on a weekday, and I was chatting with a friend of mine whose background is worthy of mention - he is an ex-rear seater in an F-15E Strike Eagle - so he knows something about jets and engines - this will become significant in a moment.

We are standing by my pool chatting, when completely without warning we both hear the sound of a jet engine pass VERY close by at low altitude - it wasn't excessively loud, but you could tell that it was very close. The other thing was that it whooshed over us very quickly - think of a 200 foot altitude pass by a small jet trainer and you're in the right noise/distance zone.

We both looked up into a perfectly clear blue sky and saw....nothing. His first comment was "What the hell was that", and I replied that I had no idea. We stood there scanning around for maybe thirty seconds and saw no aircraft, no contrails at altitude, no sign of anything - and there was no more noise.

That's it - but I can honestly tell you that it was the damnedest thing, we have talked about it often since then, and while he has told me about some really eye bulging things the military were up to when he was last in the military, he says that none of them fit this scenario.

Any ideas ?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
A black projects cloaked (optically invisible) fighter perhaps?

Odd but not impossible.

Get yourself some infrared viewing equipment and use that next time it happens.

You will get a much better look

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yeah, infrared nightvision is the way to see what's out there.

www.theufomovie.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Don't forget that most fighter planes travel at supersonic speeds so 9 times ort of 10 you won't here them 'til they are gone from the immediate vicinity.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieNutter
Don't forget that most fighter planes travel at supersonic speeds so 9 times ort of 10 you won't here them 'til they are gone from the immediate vicinity.

In the middle of the day with a clear blue sky and no contrails?

Highly unlikely unless the craft used optical invisibility.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wow. WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't rule out a secret aircraft, especially since you are in the world's black project kingdom.

However, you could have seen (or in this case heard) something very different. perhaps a secret jet chasing a cloaked UFO?

Whatever it was, thanks for sharing. Its really weird!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm not trying to state a fact, just what I've observed. Pretty much all military aircraft I've seen flying in my area do not create contrails. I have observed this on days when civilian crafts were creating them.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Theres also acoustic shadow. Sometimes you wont hear jets, planes, bombs, ect untill they're gone,or you'll see it at low altitude and not hear it.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
May have been supersonic,but then again you would have heard the sonic boom. Not sure what it could have been. If the plane was at low altitude wouldnt it not have a contrail anyway? I thought contrails just form because the air at higher altitudes was cold,so that the moisture in the jet exhaust formed ice particles. Anyone have the correct info on this?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
How close are you to the nearest AFB?? I know there are several is Arizona. My father in law live real close to Luke AFB.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
How close are you to the nearest AFB?? I know there are several is Arizona. My father in law live real close to Luke AFB.

Let me see, I think there's an airbase outside of Tucson which is 2 hours of open desert driving south west of me, there is also Phoenix Sky Harbor airport, and we do get jets over us, but they are never low, and always moving very slowly and clearly visible.

It's hard to describe this particular jet engine noise, but it sounded more like one of those large radio controlled jet model engines but louder. The thing was it came over the house which would be illegal and stupid it it was a model, but like I said it was a little too loud for even the biggest jet model.

It also sounded as if it was right over our heads, we both looked straight up, and whoosh it was gone in 2-3 seconds.

You had to be there to fully appreciate it, but trust me, it freaked us both out.

top topics

join