It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paganism = New Age? How is that possible?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Can one of the Pagans send me a pagan bible or information brochure? Not because I want to be one but because Im upset about how ignorant I am about the Pagan faith

U2U Me

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
there is no Pagan Bible. In truth you could probably ask 100 people to
define Pagan and get 100 different answers.
For instance people like Jack Chick and Tex Marr define Pagan as pretty much
everything outside their own circle of beliefs including but not limited to,
Lutherans,Baptists,Mormons,SDA, Jews, Hindus,Buddists, Freemasons and Catholics.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
Sadly the fact is all you pagans are going to hell. The only way you can stop that is if you give up your Satan inspired Wiccan pagan belief and embrace the one true faith.

Paganism came way before the concept of Satan.. how could it be inspired by him?

So your saying that because paganism is older than Christianity (which you really have no actual proof), it must invalidate the concept of Satan. Well by that logic, because it is the oldest form of religion, it must be correct and everything else is wrong! Including the almighty RCC. Interesting!

The most interesting thing is, you have absolutely no idea how pagans originally worshipped, so that would mean, what you are practicing now has been corrupted over the ages and is not valid anymore.

So for all humans to really be following the right path, we must discover what the original pagans did 10000s of years ago.

Anyone hold this invaluable secret?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Quote: "So your saying that because Paganism is older than Christianity."

Not only older than Christianity - older than Judaism too.

BTW Pagan = NOT Monotheistic. There are many different Pagan Faiths so the term "Paganism" is technically a misnomer.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shmick25
So your saying that because paganism is older than Christianity (which you really have no actual proof),

So you think the druids were christian were they? There is proof.. it's called archealogical evidence.. go to your local museum.. or watch a doco.

it must invalidate the concept of Satan.

Satan is meant to be the christian god's rival. Paganism [as in 'witch'] is about empowerment through nature.. as 'God' has no relationship to it whatsoever.. neither would his enemy.

Well by that logic, because it is the oldest form of religion, it must be correct and everything else is wrong! Including the almighty RCC. Interesting!

Kindly point out where I believe in ANYTHING specific.

The most interesting thing is, you have absolutely no idea how pagans originally worshipped, so that would mean, what you are practicing now has been corrupted over the ages and is not valid anymore.

And Christianity is not heavily corrupt?
Perhaps if Christianity didn't arbitrarily exterminate pagen believers who wouldn't convert we'd know alot more about that culture.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by riley] [typos]

[edit on 7-11-2004 by riley]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am a Pagan, who gave money today to the Mormon Church for the use in their wellfare system. They help so many downtrodden people I am happy to give them what cash I had in my wallet.

I to, believe in God......in the sense of an all powerfull creative force, both female AND male in nature.
I believe that this creative force is kind in its nature, that once you pass on to the other side, you get to hang out with others who have gone before you who have like minded belief systems. Like energy fields will be gathered together. Soooooo if you BELIEVE in Hell there will BE one....if you dont then no worries, it wont exist for you.

Argue for your limitations and you surely shall have them.

And so it is.................

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   

So you think the druids were christian were they? There is proof.. it's called archealogical evidence.. go to your local museum.. or watch a doco.

No, druids are pagans.

Satan is meant to be the christian god's rival. Paganism [as in 'witch'] is about empowerment through nature.. as 'God' has no relationship to it whatsoever.. neither would his enemy.

so tell me, how does this empowerment work? I'm curious

Kindly point out where I believe in ANYTHING specific.

Was I referring to you specifically?

And Christianity is not heavily corrupt? Perhaps if Christianity didn't arbitrarily exterminate pagen believers who wouldn't convert we'd know alot more about that culture.

yes, blame the christian.. you have to blame someone

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by shmick25
so tell me, how does this empowerment work? I'm curious

How does praying work?

And Christianity is not heavily corrupt? Perhaps if Christianity didn't arbitrarily exterminate pagen believers who wouldn't convert we'd know alot more about that culture.

yes, blame the christian.. you have to blame someone

I didn't blame the individual christian.. just the church. It is directly responsible for nearly destroying pagenism.. it was called the crusades.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Riley I think that you got the Crusades & the Inquisition Mixed up - understandable - most "Christian Soldiers" have a Cross in one hand & a Sword in the other. They not only went after Pagans but Jews & Moslems too BTW - anyone who would not Convert was to be Exterminated!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Riley I think that you got the Crusades & the Inquisition Mixed up -

I think you're right..
must've been a typo

understandable - most "Christian Soldiers" have a Cross in one hand & a Sword in the other. They not only went after Pagans but Jews & Moslems too BTW - anyone who would not Convert was to be Exterminated!!!

Unfortuantly it looks like history is about to repeat itself.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Paganism [as in 'witch'] is about empowerment through nature.. as 'God' has no relationship to it whatsoever..

I am Pagan and i would disagree completely with this statement. There is a
very close relationship between God ( and the Goddess) and nature.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

Paganism [as in 'witch'] is about empowerment through nature.. as 'God' has no relationship to it whatsoever..

I am Pagan and i would disagree completely with this statement. There is a
very close relationship between God ( and the Goddess) and nature.

I meant god in the context of christian god.. hence the satire commas ' and capital G.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am Pagan, as in Witch....there is only one all powerful energy, that is both negative and positive, masculine and feminine....God and Goddess...this my/our belief structure.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join