It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paganism = New Age? How is that possible?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by shmick25
Yes, I must be an ignorant hick!

LOL.....you said it......not I

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by shmick25
Pagans do not worship God
Oh but we do...I know there is a god, but it is not some male god figure. It is an all powerful omnipotent energy force which is male and female, positive and negative....we DO NOT worship may gods, we speak to the attributes carried by the different gods, to the one...but there is only one all spiritual force! You do not know what your talking about...

"Why do you keep calling for your God's? We are the only one's here."

And tell me how you are enlightened when you contradict yourself? Maybe figure out what you believe first then when you do that, you can give me a lecture

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
LOL....your gonna try to call me a silly sig....you got problems dear!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Paganism = unbelief.

i would most heartily disagree. In fact it is my opinion that Pagans, Followers
of the old religions have much stronger faith and belief than the professed followers of a dead carpenter, if indeed he was a carpenter.
You see we neither have nor need multiple layers of alcohol soaked pedophiles
to intrepret 1900 year old fairy tales for us. We are quite capable of thinking for ourselves.

secondly to quote George Bernard Shaw:

Why should we take advice on sex from the pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't!

The first example of this was when cain offered a sacrifice of vegitables rather than a lamb that was required.

as i recall Cain and Able were asked for their first fruits respectively. Able presented his best Cain didnt.
i might be wrong about this it has been TMYTMB.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Quote: "Pagan should not be an insult but rather a badge.
Wear it proudly".

Thank You - I do consider it an Honour - not a Insult. I do wear it Proudly - I am a FREE THINKER!!! Lady V & StalkingWolf - I was going to Respond to the Idiocy of the "Only I know the True Name of God & everyone else will Burn in Hell" Fundamentalist RedNeck - but you guys beat me to it - Thanks!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
i would most heartily disagree. In fact it is my opinion that Pagans, Followers
of the old religions have much stronger faith and belief

I can't talk for others, but I can speak for myself and others of my faith...and yes, we are very spiritual, I live, breath my faith. I do not go against the tenets of my faith, I do not harm others, I do not lie, cheat, drink...I am loyal and faithful. Most that I know of my faith are the same...we live our faith and do our best to follow the harm none, including ourselves...we honestly believe that if you do negative things to anyone...it will come back three/nine fold, so yes, we follow this belief to the letter!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Technicly, many of the "pagan" religions practiced today arent actualy the form that they were when they were pagan. They've been revised or changed in doctrines and thus labeled "new age". Another reason why is that these religions have come with a swift revival of old religions and movements such as the Golden Dawn society, the society for the inner light, etc. etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
and xianity hasn't?

it began being changed and revised with paul

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
you do realize that every branch off of christianity results in a change in the 'words of god' based on that leaders interpretations. be it of good intent or not it has endlessly caused change of ideals so as to comply to the agenda man.

it is quite hipocritical and ignorent that you would state such things without accually looking into the history of your own religion first

EDIT: btw this is not directed towards stalkingwolf

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Franki]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
As a Pagan I find the level of Christian-bashing on this & other threads appalling. You can't justify it by saying Christians bash Pagans on their message boards. Two wrongs don't make a right. And Christians don't go around saying how "oppressive" and "closeminded" Pagans are--so if you Pagans are going to bash, you should probably drop "tolerance" from your religious resume.

Yep, Christianity has violence in its history--and Paganism thru the ages was completely devoid of violence? A human sacrifice was never performed in the name of a Pagan god? Let's not live in fairy--excuse me, "faerie"--land. So you both have skeletons in your closets--ok, let's move on.

"The Old Religion" -- modern witchcraft as we know it is 50 years old! The "Ancient Tradition" that is often cited in Wicca & other Pagan religions is a huge amount of mythology plus a tiny bit of actual history--just, one could argue, like Christianity. Ok, let's move on.

There is nothing of value in Christianity? I find the central theme & image of a human being who sacrifices himself for the love of fellow human beings to be highly noble. It appeals to the essential goodness of humanity in a way that other religions have never quite managed to do. While I disagree with Christians on a number of points, I feel I have had a richer cultural & spiritual experience for having taken the time to read some scripture & selected Christian writers.

The knee-jerk, smug "Christian-Bashing" Wiccan/Pagan is such an uninspired cliche--there's even a website devoted to it:

www.whywiccanssuck.com...

Though the title of the website is unfortunate, it actually has a lot of information on "The Burning Times," "The Old Tradition," and other topics.

Let's not be a cliche. Let's evolve & stop the hatred.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ok, just looked at that site. It's goes a bit far. And, it is only pertaining to the Wiccans; just one of the many pagan groups out there.

I lean towards Asatru more than anything else, but I don't have a fixed philosophy. The Wiccans I have met in the past are some of the nicest people I know I'll ever meet. They are very open-minded. But what turned me off, was that they seemed to be mostly comprised of ex-hippies, feminists and peaceniks. I don't under stand the "3-fold" rule; does that mean if you do absolutely nothing, then you get three times nothing in return?

Wiccans and other pagans don't bash Xtianity: they tend to keep to themselves. There are no 'Wiccan Evangelists" on T.V. They are not out en force trying to win hearts and minds. For the most part we believe in the freedom to worship the gods/goddesses the way the individual person chooses to.

I myself bash Xtianity on the boards every once in a while. It is one of the only places where like-minded persons can, in anomomity, vent their frustrations and gripes with Xtianity, without the threat of bodily harm, or being called a 'devil-worshipper'. It is where people can actually debate religion, and all the different beliefs. I have learned so much about Hinduism and Buddhism, for example, than I would have ever learned any place else.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq

Wiccans and other pagans don't bash Xtianity: they tend to keep to themselves. There are no 'Wiccan Evangelists" on T.V. They are not out en force trying to win hearts and minds. For the most part we believe in the freedom to worship the gods/goddesses the way the individual person chooses to.

I don't know, I hear/read quite a bit of Christian-bashing from other Wiccans & Wiccan websites. I understand the need to vent--but the sentiments in some of those ventings I find a little disturbing. There is a differernce between saying "I can't stand when those goddamn Fundies preach to me about going to hell" & "the Christian religion is a total joke and a fraud, and anybody who follows it are brainwashed idiots."

Here's another Pagan rant about Christian-bashers:
www.geocities.com...

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Cassie Clay]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I can see your point.

But, for the few Wiccan sites that bash Chritianity, there are thousands that say pagans are going to hell, they follow the path of evil, are dangerous, etc.

Gonna research more, thanks for the links!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
I can see your point.

But, for the few Wiccan sites that bash Chritianity, there are thousands that say pagans are going to hell, they follow the path of evil, are dangerous, etc.

Gonna research more, thanks for the links!

Sadly the fact is all you pagans are going to hell. The only way you can stop that is if you give up your Satan inspired Wiccan pagan belief and embrace the one true faith. I beg you pagans/heretics to give up your misguided evil ways and follow the example and leadership of the venerable Pope John Paul II.

As for the �Wiccan Bashing�, that does not exist, these �thousands� of sites are merely trying to show you pagans the truth, that you are going to hell, that you do follow the path of evil and that your belief is dangerous.

-edit- spelling

[edit on 4-11-2004 by ChatholicGodBoy]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Quote: "Sadly the *Fact* is all you Pagans are going to Hell."

My Reply:

"Better to Reign in Hell, than to Serve (as a SLAVE) in (so-called) Heaven".

Pagans do not believe in Satan you Loser!!!
We believe in Science & Nature & Free Will - not the Wrath of your Vengeful God!!!

Were do you get your "Fact" from? Your Fable Bed Time Story Book called the Old Testament? Ha, Ha that is Funny - you are cracking me up here!!!

We are not scared of your Hell or Envious of your Heaven. We have our own concepts of what these Realms/State of Being are & it is the exact OPPOSITE of yours "Slave to God Boy"!!!

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Quote: "Sadly the *Fact* is all you Pagans are going to Hell."

My Reply:

"Better to Reign in Hell, than to Serve (as a SLAVE) in (so-called) Heaven".

We believe in Science & Nature & Free Will - not the Wrath of your Vengeful God!!!

Were do you get your "Fact" from? Your Fable Bed Time Story Book called the Old Testament? Ha, Ha that is Funny - you are cracking me up here!!!

We are not scared of your Hell or Envious of your Heaven. We have our own concepts of what these Realms/State of Being are & it is the exact OPPOSITE of yours "Slave to God Boy"!!!

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

Am I to be your enemy for presenting the truth? I make no apologies for this, there is only one way to salvation and that is through the Catholic faith. You must understand that regardless of whether you believe in Satan or Purgatory, your pagan beliefs are inspired by him. Hence you unwittingly *Serve* him and he will be your slave master. If we are to be �slaves� as you put it (personally I don�t believe those of us fortunate enough to embrace the true faith will be), then I rather be a slave to the Creator and King of all, than to some second rate wannabe ex-angle masquerading as a god.

By the way that 'Wrathful and Vengeful God' is the only being who is sparing you from Satan�s grasps now. Through His grace you have that �Free Will, Nature and Science� to believe in. It�s not too late for you to avoid eternal damnation. Renounce the Prince of lies and embrace the Catholic faith, and you will know His mercy. I pry you see the light.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChatholicGodBoy
As for the �Wiccan Bashing�, that does not exist

Buddy, that is EXACTLY what you are doing now.

Through His grace you have that �Free Will, Nature and Science� to believe in.

With that, you blew your own case - insert pun - all to hell.

BTW - "ChatholicGodBoy"? Quite some ego there.

Misfit

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

As for the �Wiccan Bashing�, that does not exist

Buddy, that is EXACTLY what you are doing now.

Through His grace you have that �Free Will, Nature and Science� to believe in.

With that, you blew your own case - insert pun - all to hell.

BTW - "ChatholicGodBoy"? Quite some ego there.

Misfit

You miss understood what I said perhaps I was not clear enough. Through Gods grace you have the free will to worship what you wish, but if you don�t follow the one true faith, you *WILL* be cast out to purgatory. The choice is yours.

I disagree I am not �bashing Wiccans� anyone who doesn�t follow the Catholic faith is just as doomed as the Wiccans. I, like all those other Christian sites, are merely pointing out the truth. I have not bushed Wiccans, according to Seraphim_Serpente:

You don�t believe in our God or Satan so, what have I said to Bash you? That you are unwittingly serving the Prince of lies? Well that is the truth if you don�t follow the one true faith you are a heretic or a pagan and you are following a false path to salvation or not following one at all.

-edit-Spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChatholicGodBoybut if you don�t follow the one true faith

I get so sick of hearing that I want to puke.

this guys faith is the only true faith
that guys faith is the only true faith
their faith is the only true faith
that faith is the only true faith

So, you are telling me that billions and billions of people ar going to hell because they did not believe in YOUR faith.

Yep, nice loving god ya got there.

Personlly, I would NOT observe a god like that.

Misfit

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is the funniest thing that I have read in AGES! Pagans and Catholics arguing with each other!

"Birds of a feather flock together!"

Don't you know that the Catholic church has embraced pagan beliefs since its birth - they are just a guise for a Christian faith.

Why do they worship on SUNday, what is the history of the rosary? Why all the pagan symbolism in their church and traditions? And what the hell is with that picture GodBOY! BRAHAHAHAHA

You should be best of friends! Stop all this infighting and Unite!

Ok seriously now.. The catholic church and paganism are both entering into new age philosophy, especially led by the catholic church. You are true when you say, pagans are unwitting puppets! I guess the difference with paganism over other religions that acknowledge the pops supremacy, is that Pagans are smaller and dispersed with no clear religious leader. I guess the RCC has made sure of that anyway

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join