It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pyramids of Giza represent the sky in 10,500BC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Video with Graham Hancock that talks about GIza and the star alignments to 10,500 BC
www.youtube.com...
Pyramids of Giza represent the sky in 10,500 BC

Orion, Taurus, Sirius and The Milky Way
during the Age of Leo ~ circa 10,500 BC
dudeman.net...

Very ancient people in many different traditions placed very special importance to precessional numbers, and based their practices and monuments on constellations and precession

10,500 BC is when orion's belt in the sky aligns with the Pyramids at the lowest point possible on the horizon, and also, at that point it is a pefect 45 degree angle

the southern shaft points to that constellation
www.math.nus.edu.sg...
www.math.nus.edu.sg...
www.grahamhancock.com...
www.grahamhancock.com...

Sky and Stars in the Horizon at 10,500 BC

s8int.com...

Graham Hancock showed that the Zodiac, and the knowledge of "precession", existed in ancient Egypt from the earliest times-

"Precession is the wobble-effect of the earth's axis which makes the stars move one degree every 72 years, or one complete cycle every 25,920 years."

and

"As a result, astrologically the sun rises on the spring equinox against a new constellation every 2160 years. Today that constellation is about to be Aquarius, in Roman times it was Pisces. Before that Aries and Taurus. This constellation is considered the "ruling" constellation, with the solsticial and equinoctial constellations forming the "four corners" of the astrological "earth."
Zodiac in Egypt
home.maine.rr.com...

Here's an image from grahamhancock.com illustrating some aspects at Giza

www.grahamhancock.com...

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Kilik11]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Pyramids of Giza

The math of the Egyptian God/Atlantean Thoth. Appears very similar in structure to chinese philosophy

Tablets of Thoth
from "The Keys to Life and death", a part referring to Chakra cutlivation-
www.crystalinks.com...

When thou hast learned to hold thine own balance,
then shalt thou draw on the balance of Earth.
Exist then shalt thou while Earth is existing,
changing in form, only when Earth, too, shalt change:
Tasting not of death, but one with this planet,
holding thy form till all pass away.

List ye, O man, whilst I give the secret so that
ye, too, shalt taste not of change.
One hour each day shalt thou lie
with thine head pointed to the
place of the positive pole (north).
One hour each day shalt thy head be
pointed to the place of the negative pole (south).
Whilst thy head is placed to the northward,
hold thou thy consciousness from the chest to the head.

And when thy head is placed southward,
hold thou thy thought from chest to the feet.
Hold thou in balance once in each seven,
and thy balance will retain the whole of its strength.
Aye, if thou be old, thy body will freshen

and thy strength will become as a youth's.
This is the secret known to the Masters
by which they hold off the fingers of Death.
Neglect not to follow the path I have shown,
for when thou hast passed beyond years
to a hundred to neglect
it will mean the coming of Death.

Hear ye, my words, and follow the pathway.
Keep thou thy balance and live on in life."

and The Keys of "Magic"

When unto thee comes a feeling,
drawing thee nearer to the darker gate,
examine thine heart and find if the feeling
thou hast has come from within.
If thou shalt find the darkness thine own thoughts,
banish them forth from the place in thy mind.

Send through thy body a wave of vibration,
irregular first and regular second,
repeating time after time until free.
Start the WAVE FORCE in thy BRAIN CENTER.
Direct it in waves from thine head to thy foot.

But if thou findest thine heart is not darkened,
be sure that a force is directed to thee.
Only by knowing can thou overcome it.
Only be wisdom can thou hope to be free.
Knowledge brings wisdom and wisdom is power.
Attain and ye shall have power o'er all.

Seek ye first a place bound by darkness.
Place ye a circle around about thee.
Stand erect in the midst of the circle.
Use thou this formula, and you shalt be free.
Raise thou thine hands to the dark space above thee
. Close thou thine eyes and draw in the LIGHT.

Call to the SPIRIT OF LIGHT through the Space-Time,
using these words and thou shalt be free:
"Fill thou my body, O SPIRIT OF LIfe,
fill thou my body with SPIRIT OF LIGHT.
Come from the FLOWER
that shines through the darkness.
Come from the HALLS where the Seven Lords rule.

Name them by name, I, the Seven:
THREE, FOUR, FIVE,
and SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT--Nine.

Yod He Vau He
www.atlantis.to...

Yoga
www.atlantis.to...
Meditation
www.meditation-techniques.net...
In order to obtain this energy sensation be prepared to find yourself breathing just a few breaths, or as many as 144.
www.yoga-tibet.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
There is something which seperates east and west far in prehistory, concerning prehistoric civilization. But there are still great similarities. Graham Hancock has shown that both traditions are based on precession, that the sky changes by 1 degree every seventy two years.

There's a reson the numbers 72, 108, 36, and Pi come up all over the world, and it's not because Mr. Hancock force fitted it. Those definitely are key numbers to traditions from all over the world. Most Taoist systems are based on combinations of 72 and 36. 72 and 36 come up all the time in Taoism. 108 is a common buddhist number. 72 is also an Essene number. I know that anyways. Thae fact that Mr. Hancock shows that those are also key numbers in Egyt, definitely shows somethig impressive.Tibetan Yoga is based on 144.

The conclusion the evidence leans towards, indicates that ancient Egyptians had their own enlightenment systems, and that they are related to the Essenes, Buddists, and of course Taoists. As Hancock put it, a lost culture of "astronomer preists" who are the foundation of all those cultures.

- 72 is Hancock's "ruling" number because it is an important precessional number. The stars move one degree every 72 years

- 72 is also a key number in all spiritual systems, and so is astrology

- Giza is a representation or actually a "mirrior" of the Milky Way, and Taoist practices are also concerned with the milky way and "mirror" the sky in much the same way. Taoist practices start facing south and "mirrior" the sky in a very similar way.

the reason 144 is base number for all these independant traditions, is due to astrology and precession, interesting.

John Anthony West is a Pythagorean who showed the Sphinx and possibly more of Giza is 12,000 years old
www.world-mysteries.com...

Kaballah also contains the same principles of the Giza pyramids as the name YHWH, and pythagorean concepts
www.prs.org...

The Tetragrammaton

By arranging the four letters of the Great Name, (I H V H), in the form of the Pythagorean Tetractys, the 72 powers of the Great Name of God are manifested.

* = I = 10 = 10
* * = H I = 5+10 = 15
* * * = V H I = 6+5+10 = 21
* * * * = H V H I = 5+6=5+10 = 26
The Great Name of God = 72

Astrology

www.prs.org...

This rare cut shows the name of God in seventy-two languages inscribed upon the petals of a symbolic sunflower. Above the circle are the seventy-two powers of God according to the Hebrew Kabbalah. Below are two trees, that on the left bearing the symbols of the planets and that on the right the signs of the zodiac and the names of the tribes of Israel. The esoteric doctrines of the Kabbalah are in alignment with the secret teachings of all the schools of philosophy, but the method by which its secrets are revealed to the wise and concealed from the ignorant is most unusual.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So I can't say for certain that Egyptian and Chinese traditions point to the exact same constellations, but in the sense of mirroring the stars on the ground along a similar axis and course, they are doing the exact same thing just in different parts of the globe. It's also quite possible if you look at the diagrams on Mr. Hancock's site, that the zodiacs and astrology used in Egypt, are based on Jupiter and ecliptic, like the chinese Zodiac. I can't say for sure, but it looks like to me the most likely occurence
www.fengshuiseminars.com...

these pages, they talk about how the Giza pyramids and the chinese Lo Pan both mirror the sky in a similar way. Some Taoist systems are totally astrological, contain 72 sets, and are not to be taught to others until the person has been practicing 70 years
www.grahamhancock.com...
www.valdostamuseum.org...

Chinese and Tibetan Pyramid.
www.crystalinks.com...

here's a site which compares chinese astrology to the Giza layout a little bit
www.valdostamuseum.org...
www.grahamhancock.com...
www.queenofcups.com...

Precise Astronomical knowledge-
www.fengshuigate.com...
www.bioching.com...

Chinese Astrology has been shown to also be based on Precession
www.jwmt.org...

"The McKennas demonstrated this by overlaying the 384 lines of the 64 hexagrams (6 x 64 = 384) on the 13 month lunar calendar (13 X 29.53 days = 383.89 days). They then used these basic units to develop a temporal lock with the solar/sunspot cycle, the Zodiacal Ages, and the length of the Great Year of precessional motion. With the same increment, 64, they found it was possible to assemble a 26 step model of space/time from the size/age of the universe down to Planck's Constant. In this view, the I Ching is a fractal model of all that is, was, or will be. It is also hologramic, in that the piece, the I Ching, contains the information of the whole, the evolving universe."
So Ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and other cultures including the ancient Chinese also retained the knowledge of precession cycles.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The Pyramids of Giza are built along probably a north/south and planetary alignment, and the shafts are directed towards certain constellations. Graham Hancock, Robert Buvaul, and others have shown this. That in itself is also similar to some Asian traiditions.

Wu Ji, Tai Ji, Yin Yang, 8 trigrams, and Color
www.anton-heyboer.org...
www.biosonic.org...
www.msnucleus.org...

Some cool video clips here of 1700 year old qigong school from China and Tibet. It contains 72 sets in total.
www.qiqigong.com...
www.possiblesociety.org...
www.qimagazine.com...

clips of the cultivation forms-
www.qiqigong.com...#
www.customflix.com...

Check out how similar the Dayan qigong posture at the very bottom of this page, is to Yoga
dayan.oompa.net...

7 STAR OPENING GONG: Relates to Big Dipper constellation and North Star. Benefits the joints and kidneys and balances the heart and lungs.

LONG VISION DAN GONG: Develops the 'Sky-Eye' potential.

dayan.oompa.net...

Traditionally the skill had been handed down for generations to one person only, and by custom the inheritor was not allowed to pass it on before reaching the age of 70.
That is very interesting considering how concerned this tradition is with astrology, and Mr. Hancock's finding in other areas of the world

I highly suspect that the tradition is because the sky moves on e degree every 72 years. The Grandmaster of Dayan Qigong died at age 108, also not a coincidence

Dayan Qigong (Wild Goose Qigong) originated from within the Kunlun mountains, to the west of China, north of Tibet during the Jin Dynasty, around 1,800 years ago. Kunlun Shan is traditionally one of China's spiritual mountains. The Daoist monks who resided there developed their Qigong from observing the movements and behaviour of the Wild Geese (known as birds of longevity) which shared the mountains with them. The monks combined their knowledge of Chinese medical principles with the birds' natural movements to create an exceedingly healthy and graceful exercise.

Dayan Qigong contains both vigorous and gentle movements, actions combined with stillness, and beautiful postures. The movements work directly with the acupuncture points and channels, stimulating and opening them, to allow the free flow of Qi. Vigorous movements, including jumping, shaking, slapping, and swooping, release negative Qi while the gentle movements gather fresh Qi. Meditation stores the freshly accumulated Qi.
www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Info on the Falun Pattern. Note that it is compatible with Tao cultivation, and also the order of colors in which it changes. I think the main difference between buddha and Tao cultivation is that a buddha offers salvation to anyone sincere, where only a few pre-destined disciples learn in the lineage of Taoist systems much of the time. It also represents the universe including the Milky Way
www.falundafa.org...

- Hancock has shown that a certain combination of the 72 temples at Angkor Wat(once thought to be a myth) are mirroring the draco constellation. And that there are 108 buddha statues there which represent the "churning of the milky ocean" and are representing precession
www.sacredsites.com...

Here's a critical article on im that still admits there is some substance to his claims-
jcolavito.tripod.com...

Actually it's not just Giza either
www.zetatalk.com...

the pyramid of Zawyat Al Aryan and the pyramid of Abu Ruwash were reprenting stars in the constellation of Orion, namely Bellatrix and Saiph, and that the two pyramids of Dahshur correlated to two stars in the Taurus-Hyades constellation, namely Aldebaran and Epsilon Tauri.
www.teamatlantis.com...

The core of the Orion-Pyramids correlation theory, which I started to develop in 1983, was based on the pattern of the three stars forming the Belt Of Orion, namely Al Nitak, Alnilam and Mintaka (Zeta, Epsilon and Delta Orionis). This theory was presented during 1983 to 1986 to various eminent Egyptologists and other academics, including Dr. I.E.S. Edwards, Dr. T.G.H. James, Dr. Jaromir Malek, Dr. Cathleen Keller and others. It was subsequently submitted to Dr. Alessandra Nibbi, editor of the Oxford journal Discussion In Egyptology in 1988 and published in Vol. 13, 1989, pp. 7-18 under the title A Master Plan For The Three Pyramids Of Giza Based On the Configuration Of The Three Stars Of The Belt Of Orion.
www.zetatalk.com...

www.teamatlantis.com...

Kate Spence also showed astrological alignments that she published in the journal "Nature", but I think Robert Buvaul pointed out a few things that are hipocritical and inconsistent in her work. It seems she basically ripped off Buvaul's theory, but only used alignements that were possible in 4,500 BC and she discarded alignments of the ground plan that match 10,000 BC

news.bbc.co.uk...

Article on it by Mr. Buvaul-
www.grahamhancock.com...

Finally Kate Spence knows, or should know, the ethics of scholarly publication. Her failure to make proper reference to the published works of Dr. Virginia Trimble* and myself (especially because in the latter case the same stellar alignment is used to arrive at practically the same dating of the Great Pyramid) is thus surprising and inexplicable in view of the circumstances. But then the whole approach of the BBC Horizon programme, Atlantis Reborn, in which Kate Spence participated, was most inexplicable as well. The Broadcasting Standards Commission branded this programme’s treatment of my work on the stellar alignments of the Giza Pyramid ‘unfair’. It now remains to be seen how Kate Spence's claims in Nature will fare.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Killik,

Odd. When I gave you a link to a paper that completely debunks this entire concept that Hancock lays out in "Heaven's Mirror," you said that this very issue was "superficial."

Yet I log back on and find you've been talking to yourself here for apparently quite some time regarding this very same subject.

Hancock has "shown" nothing of the kind with his manipulation of numbers. Also, several actual scientists are linked at those websites I gave you that will tell you that Orion doesn't "line up well" at all with the pyramids in the era Hancock (actually, it's Bauval's idea) claims it does.

There were certain stars of importance to the Egyptians, though. But Ancient Egypt had no astrology and certainly didn't recognize any zodiac. This is a fact that has been demonstrated here at ATS. The last time I tried to tell you anything, I was dismissed and my information called "superficial," so I'll leave it to you to find out for yourself exactly why there was a zodiac found on the ceiling of the temple of Hathor in a country where the zodiac was not known at the time the pyramids were built.

In fact, if you would just take a minute to use the search function here at ATS, you'd find that much of what you post has been said here before, many times over, and in most cases much more eloquently.

Continuing to create new threads concerning material that appears in previous threads usually gets your new threads shut down. If you look, you can find several threads here concerning the pyramids, Orion, Hancock, Bauval, Schoch, et al. where you can make your comments.

Oh yeah, "Thoth" never existed. If you want to talk archaeology, or even ancient civilizations, just jumping in with a fictional character and pretending he's real pretty much compartmentalizes you in with the whack jobs.

Harte

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
july 10,500 BC, orions belt is a 45 degree angle as it rises from the horizon the first time, in alignment with the Pyramids

There is a definite connection between the eastrology of so many different ancient cultures

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
couldn't it just be that the pyramids coincidentally line up with the sky in 10,500 BC, because that seems as reasonable as the belief that they were intentionally built like that

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think it's much more likely they were quite concerned with astrology and Feng Shui, and aligned the shafts and passageways, as well as the monuments themselves to align to the sky and constellations according to specific dates and cycles

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Honestly, I am not trying to come across as rude here, but what exactly are you trying to accomplish with these enormous one sided threads? If you have a special attachment to a particular Graham Hancock book that you would like us to be aware of, then by all means, post a link or give the name so that we can reference the material ourselves. Generally, you'll get a better response if you can sum up the material in only so many words, and still incorporate your own opinions into the mix. All I see in these rampant threads are post after post of material that seems to have come directly from Hancock himself and reworded. What sort of discussion are you hoping for? Or is this thread only meant to be a springboard for your own hypothesis', or perhaps an exercise in typing your wpm?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The main point is to lead in to threads about prehistoric civiizations etc

And to show Egypt is connected to prehistoric civilization

My favorite Graham Hancock book was Heaven's Mirror. I have it. I also saw the Underworld TV series and really thought it was good

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Mr. Hancock could not have made up those precessional numbers or force fitted them to the monuments

I independantly proved that Hancock did not make up his precessional numbers, as those are also key numbers in all ancient cultivation schools

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Killik,

Odd. When I gave you a link to a paper

I think you should consider what I wrote about other cultures that also are in line with this astrology, that Hancock didn't address and does not come from his work

I think that paper is a joke and is slanderous. There is no doubt precession is key to all relevant ancient cultures, and both their practices and monuments are based on it

[edit on 11-6-2006 by Kilik11]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kilik11
I think that paper is a joke and is slanderous.
[edit on 11-6-2006 by Kilik11]

How is this paper a joke? Is it because it is an outlying opinion in answer to the theory presented by Hancock? There was nothing slanderous about it. The author suggests that anything could be interrpreted as precessional when given the example Hancock proposed, and that is true. The quote was taken directly from the book that you, yourself cited. Just because some one takes a stance on the opposite side of your argument, it is no reason to disregard what they have to say. The author of that paper makes a valid point, one that a person with an open mind to the issue might take for its value. Instead of bashing it and disregarding the concept outright, how about showing us why what was said is not possible? I, personally, would then be more inclined to pay attention to what you have to say. So far, the six degrees of Kevin Bacon seems to have more validity.

There is no doubt precession is key to all relevant ancient cultures, and both their practices and monuments are based on it

There is obviously plenty of doubt, or you would have nothing to argue about.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by EdenKaia]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well Kilik11

I reviewed what you noted, and unlike some of my fellow responders, I appreciated your effort to bring all of this information into ONE LINK.

Its to bad some have concerns about you posting alone, but if contributing was the Sole basis of points, then we would never hear from some of the Skeptically Challenged Crowd.
They tend to name call, apposed to offering constructive contributions and explainations of their conclusions.

How did it go??? Oh Yeah! "Whack Jobs"

Well My fellow 'Whack Job', congratulations on an Excellent Post.

Since coming here, I have noted a tendancy to confuse matter by implication that this specific point is not relative to this minor concern. This is becasue everything is so seperated from the main theme, that nit picking has become an art form.

Take Harte's offering and the bottom line is exactly that.

Is this a deliberately encoded precessional number or a conjuror's sleight of hand ? John Wall

It's a good question posed to ponder and consider.

Harte feels this is conclusive proof you are a new memebr of an elite group called the 'Whack Jobs'. Ever so expressive and full of insight.

As you may note, to some, this is documented proof of Debunking, and I am sorry to say, this retort is all too common.

Some may argue and have valid reasons that can be expressed to support the premise it's a conjuruer's sleight of hand, while others can not come to that conclusion, since evidence to the contrary is overwhelming, as you have supported in your efforts here. I always feel regardless of the impression, these thoughts and considerations should be welcomed and embraced in an effort to understand the matter fully.

But there is a big difference, between the two examples we have. Giving a review which questions a finding, and throwing in name calling is not one of those things that enables constuctive thought.

But, it's not a perfect world, and this is a sad reflection of thought in this Modern Day Society. As it was in the Days of Noe,....

And again, thanks for your efforts. When I sit down to give thought to what you have presented, rather than the review to get upto speed, I hope I can offer some points to assit in your topic here.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The teachings of Hermes -- the Hermetic tradition -- is one of the oldest spiritual traditions in the world, and while no direct evidence links the Emerald Tablet to Eastern religions, it shares uncanny similarities in concepts and terminology with Taoism, Hinduism, and Buddhism. In the West, the tablet found a home not only in the pagan tradition but also in all three of the orthodox Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam),

www.alchemylab.com...

top topics

join