It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Falun Dafa persecuted in China?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolman

Falun Gong is peacefull...? you should talk to ex members before you make statements like that.

as far as History, you need to read a bit more to place perspective on your comments. Japan is not allowed offensive weapons for a very good reason. It should remain that way.

Has the Falun Gong done any terrorist activities recently? If so that would definitely justify persecuting innocent people who didn't, including children of course.

Maybe that is the excuse for the Chinese government to commit genocides of Tibetans, I *think* they should come up with a better excuse for the Falun Gong.

The only reason why Japan should not have offensive weapons is so China can be the sole regional power. Why not say, "I think England shouldn't have offensive weapons either...I mean they went on offensive missions in the 1800's".

[edit on 18-7-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The world would be a far better place if the english would have minded their own business after the 1800's.

The middle east would at least have a chance for peace, but lawrence of Arabia and the british empire divided up middle east into artificial borders

the opium wars in China with england, trying to force the sale of heroin on the streets of China.

India, Israel, etc, etc...its a long list. your mention of England is spot on, the would would be far better if nations did not meddle.

Japan invaded China, performed horrific experiments and tortures on civilians, killed hundreds of thousands in fanatical bloodbaths...japan is nervously eyeing Chinas growing power and they should, japan has a lot to answer for.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Japan invaded China, performed horrific experiments and tortures on civilians, killed hundreds of thousands in fanatical bloodbaths...japan is nervously eyeing Chinas growing power and they should, japan has a lot to answer for.

Um toolman, the Japanese people 60 years ago has a lot to answer for. Most people living in Japan has not done anything to China. Like I told you previously about that boy I once knew who liked America cause we nuked Japan, it is nuts.

Next on the list...Israel is going to nuke Germany for killing Jews. Sounds silly right?

The Japanese government should definitely apologize publicly for what they did in WW2, which I believe they have not done yet...They should also make reparations, like Germany has...again which they have not done.

Also I am sure Japan will be arming up militarily again in response to China's build up, they just have to change their constitution, which America will not object to, so that would not be a problem. I think that will become a cold war type of thing in the Pacific.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is why Falun Dafa is illegal in China:

www.china.org.cn...

I'm not saying it is right or wrong, i'm just showing you what the official person in charge of religious affairs has stated.

I'd also like to point out that the epochtimes is supported and run by many falun dafa activists and is regularly used as a source for "chinese atrocities" on infowars.com

I'd take the information from the epoctimes with a grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

They are not persecuted, they are a cult.

I'd like to go back and review this little bit of rhetorical pole-vaulting here.

Why can they not be both?

Are you saying it is impossible to persecute a cult?

I suspect that the real implication is that because they are a cult, you believe that any repression is inherently justified. . . .

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kilik11
Why is Falun Dafa persecuted in China?

Maybe the authorities fear that people will become more self-aware through meditation.
Oppressive regimes have difficulty dealing with those who start to understand truth, compassion and forbearance.

[edit on 31/7/06 by shanti23]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
My explanation is distinct, but in a similar vein.

Other directed people cannot be easily coerced. Epicurians and utilitarians can be motivated in terms of moving toward pleasure and moving away from pain. Thus they are easily controlled.

Buth spiritually oriented people are thinking in terms of eternal truths, and cannot be coerced so easily; They may forego pleasure, in the search for truth---they may also endure pain, in defense of it.

Not good for governments that want to control their populations by threats and bribes.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Majic's Political Easter Eggs

Originally posted by JohnDoe43
eighty-four thousand cultivation ways in the Buddha School according to Li Hongzhi

Correct!

Needless to say, that offers a lot of different Ways to the Center to choose from.

May 500 PTS Points aid you in your journey to enlightenment.

Oct

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Very clear that sby who works for ccp coming here to spread lies.

To understand Falun Gong, here:

falundafa.org...

Since its public introduction in May 1992, Falun Dafa has attracted over 100 million practitioners worldwide in just ten years. Falun Dafa cultivation emphasizes that one should conduct oneself according to the principle of "Truth-Compassion-Tolerance". Regardless of gender and age, regardless of nationality and race, every practitioner who persistently cultivates his/her heart and practices the exercises has benefited tremendously. Constant diligent cultivation has brought significant changes to many practitioners in both physical conditions and moral values. At the same time, Falun Dafa is gaining worldwide understanding and appreciation, especially in Asia, Australia, Europe, and North America.

You can see quite some awards issued by local governments and organizations in China, Canada, US and other countries in recognition of the extraordinary contribution made by Master Li Hong Zhi and Falun Dafa to people's mental and physical health.

www.clearwisdom.net...

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Falun gong is a crazy cult. Some of it's members have been know to die from illness that could have been treated but because they didn't believe in doctors they died.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuyu
Falun gong is a crazy cult. Some of it's members have been know to die from illness that could have been treated but because they didn't believe in doctors they died.

Thats definitely a reason to persecute them. You convinced me

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Originally posted by yuyu

Thats definitely a reason to persecute them. You convinced me

Yes it's a very good reason because some of those people had no choice. Children and elderly have died because their nutty falun gong cult family members refused to have them treated at hospitals.
Also some members have been known to murder people because they thought it would increase their powers to reach an ideal state as preached by the falun gong cult.
I have yet to see any good reason to lift the ban on this cult.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That sounds just like the Jehovas Witness practice of refusing medical assistance such as blood transfusions.

Oct

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Yes it's a very good reason because

Tell some truth, how much renminbi do you get from ccp by spreading ccp's lies?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I think I have a pretty good idea of why this is happening.

The Chinese government banned Falun Gong not only because of their numbers, but more importantly because of their ability to organise.

It all started in 1999 when a theoretical physicist (and part time propagandist) from the Chinese Academy of Science named He Zuoxiu wrote an article criticising the practice. Soon afterwards, 10000 Falun Gong practicioners gathered in Beijing to demand an official apology and official recognition of the religon.

Living in a society controlled by the CPC, that was not a smart thing to do, because the CPC is especially afraid of such large scale activities that it did not organise by itself. That's why the practice was soon banned by the party after the massive protest, and remains banned today.

This is my source:
query.nytimes.com...

[edit on 18-10-2006 by Taishyou]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
come on buddy it is a cult....u ever seen their bible like saying master li is juses's grand master? so far as i know 90% of all ppl who is trying to protect falun dafa are not chinese but foreigners, LMAF xDxD

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Taishyou is right.

Until the protest, Falun Gong was praised by the CCP. After the protest, they became an 'evil cult'.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've read the "scripture" of Falun Dafa... and I personally find no references to using violence or worshiping Li Hongzhi like he is Jesus. I also find no reason why this should be considered a "cult" because nobody is asking you to join anything. It is completely up to you how you want to interpret someone's writings and advice.

I interpret it as just advice. "hey, try this. If not, okay then."

While I will admit that there are certain aspects of Falun Gong that I do not agree with, the text clearly says you are free to practice other things, but that the method would be less effective that way. Are we all looking to become superman here, or are we just looking for ways to make things feel better?

I personally disagree, and I personally also know that if you've ever been involved in any type of Martial Arts or Easter type of spiritual/mind-body training, Masters can get a little eccentric and stubborn in their ways. This Li hongzhi is most definitely a human capable of making mistakes, and I think people can and should take EVERYthing anyone says with a grain of salt, even if an angel from the seventh dimension lands in your room and starts telling you the ways of things.... don't believe anything until you've experienced it.

I've personally tried Falun Gong, and I find that it helps me clear my mind... and it does do something to my body's energy (I can see it with my eyes closed. I was able to do this way before I even knew what falun gong was.)

So... to write it off as just a fanatic cult, I think you jump to conclusions. Try the exercises, if you want to make a fair judgement. Try thinking about some of the good concepts in the Falun Dafa instead of focusing on negative hype and other people's opinion. I think some of the concepts associated with Falun Gong are quite peaceful and beneficial.

YOU are the one who makes a teaching into a cult. Either you let it have complete control over you, or you take it as it is, ignoring trhe parts that don't resonate with you.

Falun Gong is given a bad rep everywhere now because I think China has some really powerful connections in the world, and therefore can make light of the psychos and their own lies, and spread them across the world like it is a fact.

I dunno. I'm weary of turning any teaching into a religion. If you do, that's your choice. I choose to sample things and feel whether they agree with me or not. This seems innocent enough. Show me real evidence to the contrary, not just Chinese propaganda or anonymous people going "yeah I knew a guy who knew a guy".

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

go talk to an ex falun gong member to find out the truth. They are full of peace and love until you want to leave, then the death threats start.

I don't want to sound negative here, but are you out of your mind? Falun Gong practitioners don't make death threats. They're as non-violent as they come.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

There are Catholic, Christian, whatever churches here.

You are free to worship as you please, as long as it does not belong to a Violent cult like the Falun Gong

The official churches in China are endorsed by the government. Whereas, other Christian, Catholic and Buddhist 'underground' churches are also persecuted. The human rights abuses are just not as widespread as Falun Gong. Obviously the oppression of the Tibetan Buddhists is another story. Given your point of view and tone, it is clear to me that you are either still in mainland China, or are recently from mainland China. You're simply echoing the ccp propaganda that started in 1999.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join