It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate u2u's are the thing now......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have been here for two years and its only lately, with the new members who disagree with me, that i am harrassed with u2u's.

Let this serve as a friendly reminder that is not permissible. Anyone want to u2u me, i love comments. But dont send something whacky, because i do not appreciate it.

I buy those u2u's and i dont want them wasted on meaningless crap.

Its great we dont agree. Its wonderful. We are all here to express our views- but why not be a MAN/WOMAN and act like an adult.

I wouldn't single out newbies, but it is THEY who are harrassing.

Go harrass someone else. I'm a good sport, i am friendly to everyone, i dont bite, so at least have the respect to send a proper u2u.

/RANT

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
U2U 4 U2

U2U's are subject to the same Terms And Conditions as everything else posted on ATS.

If you or any member receives a U2U that violates the T&C or are being harassed via U2U, please use the Ideas/Complain feature to notify the staff.

Be sure to include copies of the U2Us in question and the reason for your complaint, and we'll investigate.

Abuse of the U2U system, as with any abuse of ATS resources, may result in termination of the offending member's account.

So let's not do that, and enjoy the lively but civil public discussions ATS is famous for instead.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
sorry to hear you are having probs DG...I wouldn't even bother wasting my points on replying if they are harrassing you. They can just as easily reply in public in the discussion where it should be done.

Pie

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
dgtempe!

I'm glad you spoke up. We seem to have brought on a few ill-behaved people here lately who think it is okay to send personal attacks via u2u when some one disagrees with them in a thread.

tsk tsk

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Sorry, i got so mad i totally lost it!!!!! Thank you all for your support, and yes, i will be more than happy to forward them on should such an event happen again.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
dg
I have gotten some as well and I'm a newbie, but manage to upset alot of people in my short time anyway.

I figure it is people without the talent to post on the thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hey Dgtempe how are you?? Glad you didn,t get whacked by any meteors yet.they hit norway instead..

I, like you, have been noticing a sad downturn in the quality,wordmanship and sheer lack of intelligence in some of the freshman here.

It,s sad to see that they have been attacking you via u2u though..

Do a copy, paste and forward them to the mods..

Wish they could do an IP ban on some of the undesirables who post repeated poopoo on the forum too.TRY and laugh at them like i try,and fail sometimes,too
and smile

edit edit LOL hypocrite warning.. complain about wordmanship and spell whacked with no ''c''
you know what i mean though!!

[edit on 10-6-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well dg, welcome to the club, it does happens once in a while and it does make us mad sometimes . . . but as a long lasting member of ATS community remember is a reason why you are still here.

Because you count as a member and your views are always welcome to the majority in here.

I am glad also that you bring the subject.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
yep, i got cussed like a dog by U2U not long ago by someone who didnt agree with something i posted, i guess if they cant cuss you openly for fear of getting banned then i guess the next best option for them is to U2U....

it's sad that people once had a higher moral degree than to opt for profanity, but such is the case today, there was a time where i grew up that people didnt have to lock there doors. you knew your neighbors and they were like family. the only time you heard language so profain was in places decent people didnt go.

our society has slidden into a sewer of moral decay and debauchery that has manifested itself here at ATS in the form of cowards who for a lack of proper english cannot express themselves without the use of ignorant slang.

we are left with no other option but to........DENY IGNORANCE!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have to second Majic on this one. If you get an abusive or profane u2u please click on the idea/complain button at the top of the page and paste a copy of the u2u in it. It will be dealt with.

The members of this board are what make it a magical place to visit and no one should have to suffer insults alone because some coward chose to send a u2u.

wupy

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hate to even suggest this but maybe ATS should become a Pay Site.. with a nominal fee for entry and LARRRRRRRRRRGE fines for people who abuse the system..just an idea..

maybe even an age limit.. or an iq/psychological test for acceptance

Imagine the brain pool that could be developed..

I could increase the iq by at least 1

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If you have mean looking avatars people never send you hate-u2us.

If anyone else is getting U2Us that break the T&C please click on Ideas/Complain and let us know.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

yea no one ever bothers me

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Hate to even suggest this but maybe ATS should become a Pay Site.. with a nominal fee for entry and LARRRRRRRRRRGE fines for people who abuse the system..just an idea..

You're not the first to have such a thought and the Amigo's who own the site have made it very clear that ATS will never be a pay site. I'm just quoting here what they have said on the issue.

wupy

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Uh-oh...

DG, I'm glad you spoke up. Hate mail sucks. I doubt you'll be getting any more.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
U2Us are no different than the boards, in that respect sentinal.

If people think they're being clever by resorting to threats and insults in the 'privacy' of U2Us, they're sorely mistaken.

Report them to any one of the mods and it will stop, one way or another...

There's no excuse for that sort of behavior. People get upset, and we understand that, but if they think they can substitute intimidation and insults for research and rhetoric, they're clearly not understanding the point of this place.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

yea no one ever bothers me

Why,s that sauron??.. yours just looks like a sleeping ram with only one eye.. which falls out

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
dg,

It is avery sad thing for this to happen.
I know we are all a VERY passionate group here with equally strong views of the world. With such number as we have grown to, it has to happen that we will have peopl who are complete opposites.
This is actually fine and a GOOD thing.
We need to have all the facts and opinions of BOTH sides to make an educated decision of beliefs and such.

WE all need to remember to argrue the isuue and not the person presenting it. I must (painfully) admit i have been know to "post in anger", also. It is never the right thing to do. If we are to keep ATS the best conspericy board out on the web, we must be the best members.
(and yes I really love those thing too much).

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
U2Us are no different than the boards, in that respect sentinal.

If your saying that you can look at U2Us and see who's saying what, take a look at one of the first U2Us i receved it was a masterpiece in profainity i cant remember who sent it because i deleted it soon after i read it, but if you guys keep them in a file somewhere you'll see a nasty one there.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

maybe even an age limit.. or an iq/psychological test for acceptance

Imagine the brain pool that could be developed..

I could increase the iq by at least 1
I'm with you on this

AND the proceeds of the fine should go to the victim.

Just to clarify, I welcome u2u's. They're fun to get, to discuss things amongst ourselves, and i do not have a problem with anyone, so long as you leave "stupid",
"Ignorant" and "Cookie" out of it amongst other things- plainly directed at me.

I hate drama- but this called for it. Thanks. Maybe this will stop the bs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join