It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Iraqi Raises Questions about al-Zarqawi Death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
A local Iraqi has come forward that is stating that he saw American soldiers take a man resembling al-Zarqawi wrap his head in a robe and then beat him shortly before he died.

www.forbes.com
U.S. officials have altered their account of the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, saying he was alive and partly conscious after bombs destroyed his hideout, and an Iraqi man raised fresh questions Saturday about the events surrounding the end of Iraq's most-wanted militant.

The man, who lived near the scene of the bombing, claimed in an interview with AP Television News to have seen U.S. soldiers beating an injured man resembling al-Zarqawi until blood flowed from the man's nose.

When asked about the man's allegations, military spokesman Maj. Gen. William Caldwell said he would check. In Washington, Pentagon spokesman Jeffrey Gordon said Saturday he was unaware of the claim

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I was surprised that al-Zarqawi even survived the dropping of two 500lb bombs on his head leaving him in one piece, much less intact and alive long enough to have been able to speak. The news of his being alive was just recently added to the story which at first said they found him dead. Could this Iraqi man be lying?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
We need a better witness. An Iraqi man would never do. Weather they beat him to a pulp or blew him up is irrevalent. He's dead. I dont see the big deal.

If you mean beating a man to death is inhumane, so is a 500lb bomb. Whats done is done.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
well DG considering we have farmers and other innocents being held in prisons all over and this guy being such a important piece of al-queda architecture, it would have been better to capture him alive if possible. No?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Pie,

Yes, why dead??? Hmmmmm.... Can anyone answer that one? Why not alive?

I think this is pertinent to this news story- i might be wrong. If i am, disregard my

intrusion.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

well DG considering we have farmers and other innocents being held in prisons all over and this guy being such a important piece of al-queda architecture, it would have been better to capture him alive if possible.

No one knows for certain they are farmers and innocent, they have alleged farmers and innocents being held.

Why is it the supporters always claim this as fact is beyond me. Guess it is safe to assume you have forgotten the al qaeda training manual tells them to lie huh?

As for this so called witness it is to be expected, again I refer you back to their training manual

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I guess Zarqawi couldn't have died from the injuries suffered in the bombing?

Are there insurgents/terrorists in Iraq? unfortunately yes. How do you know exactly if this witness is just a civilian or one of the insurgents?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Here is something interesting:

Does the NWO think everyone is an idiot?

I guess they do. More than a few of them are probably sitting in some plush high rise or 'command centre' swilling booze, playing with high-priced nwo whores, and snorting nose candy.... mocking us... thinking of even more absurd stuff to toss out next, and then laughing their asses off when the NWO controlled media and sheeple start spouting their crapola as Gospel.

Now, tell me this.... How could two 500 Pound bombs land on Zarqawi's Concrete Hideout, and completely destroy the building -- are you guys looking at the photos?...why does nothing seems "burnt" in the immediate area? How could the skin on the corpses remain so intact without melting like a grilled cheese sandwich....?

Now they say Zarqawi was actually alive when the Iraqi military got there! -- but just had enough strength to mumble, and make an effort to jump off the stretcher and run away on his wooden leg...

You have to admit it is funny!

SOURCE

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What type of bombs were they out of interest?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Now they say Zarqawi was actually alive when the Iraqi military got there!

Source

Rense do not know what they are talking about. First reports stated it was Iraq Police who were first on the scene not the Iraq military.

This also shows that someone has to be lying by, that I mean the eye witness (cough) who claimed Americans beat him to death. If that was true one would think the Iraq police would have seen the very same as the so called (cough cough) witness, which the police have not corroborated his claim.

[edit on 6/10/2006 by shots]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well I will have to agree that if Zarqawi wasn't death he would have been all over Al-jazera news on a video by now.

We all know that until today is not such video or audio tape.

So . . . he is death.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well, Zarqawi was either in the basement or outside the house at the time of the bombing. He probably suffered internal organ damage from the pressure waves, this would explain why he died shortly thereafter and why his body seems relatively intact. As you can see in either case he was lucky, as the other people in the house all died immediately. Also, the Iraqi police were the first ones on the scene I don't see how the US troops could have taken him away with no one noticing but a "local farmer" and them proceed to beat him, place him back on the stretcher, and let him die in front of everyone. I think this is BS, and so is the notion that he had one leg.

Major General William Caldwell, a US military spokesman, said the Jordanian terrorist died a short time later of wounds suffered when two 500 pound (227 kilogram) bombs destroyed the house he was in on Wednesday near the city of Baquba.

Iraqi police, the first to arrive on the scene, pulled the bloodied Zarqawi from the rubble of the building onto a gurney-like stretcher, Caldwell told reporters here in a video press conference from Baghdad.

US forces, arriving soon after, immediately went to Zarqawi and found him alive when they examined him, according to Caldwell. Coalition forces at the site reported that "he mumbled a little something but it was indistinguishable and it was very short," he said.

"According to the person on the ground, Zarqawi attempted to sort of turn away off the stretcher. Everybody resecured him on the stretcher, but he died immediately thereafter," the general said.

Caldwell said there was nothing in the reports he had seen to indicate that Zarqawi had been shot or died of wounds other than those received in the blast.

Link

[edit on 10-6-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

well DG considering we have farmers and other innocents being held in prisons all over and this guy being such a important piece of al-queda architecture, it would have been better to capture him alive if possible.

No one knows for certain they are farmers and innocent, they have alleged farmers and innocents being held.

Why is it the supporters always claim this as fact is beyond me. Guess it is safe to assume you have forgotten the al qaeda training manual tells them to lie huh?

As for this so called witness it is to be expected, again I refer you back to their training manual

Shots
You are right its neither a proven fact that they are innocent,nor have they been proven guilty in a court of law...something that has always been an american motto recently forgotten, but thats not the point here. If the eye witness is telling the truth and he was alive, what would that mean? Is a low-level combatant being held in Gitmo more important for capture and holding or a highlevel al-Queda member thats been touted as a leader and representative of Al-queda in Iraq? I hardly see his death as being helpful if we wanted to get important info. Why hold low-level afghani's and kill off top-level brass?

Pie

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
If the eye witness is telling the truth and he was alive, what would that mean?

The eye witness (cough) has to be lying the police were on the scene first, if what he said was true why then didn't the police corroborate his statement????

As for killing the head man first that is one of the fastest ways to end a war or didn't you know that?

A good case in point to use as an example is this whole war. Had the US killed Saddam the first night, with that very first Air Strike as they had hoped this war could have been over before it had time to gather insurgents from foreign countries.

Germany is good example once Hitler killed himself Germany surrendered.

Italy is another example once Mussolini was killed Italy surrendered, not the Germans within Italy just the Italians. Sure there may have been splinter supporters who fought for a short period but it was not long before most Italians laid down their arms.

I also think the only reason we are still having problems in afghanistan is because Osama is still alive, they fear his return if I am correct. Now if we could get him the war on terror would not be completely over but it most certainly would be a good start if for no other reason then the loss of his millions that are used to support the terrorists.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Memo to Rense: Post articles regarding bombs only when authored by people who know how they work.

Apparently according to that odd group of internet rumormongers/paranoia feeders all victims of bombs should have skin that's melted like grilled cheese.

Does anyone over there check what they allow to be posted?

Funniest bit I've read all day.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
ooops

[edit on 11-6-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I guess Zarqawi couldn't have died from the injuries suffered in the bombing?

Are there insurgents/terrorists in Iraq? unfortunately yes. How do you know exactly if this witness is just a civilian or one of the insurgents?

A very good point. Remember, disinformation and lies flow as freely from the "insurgency" side as they do from the media and Pentagon spin doctors.

This war has become a paranoid psychotics nightmare. You just don't know who or what to believe, and it seems everyone has a secret agenda and a motive to twist the truth to their own ends. You really cant trust anything anyone says, even when both sides seem to agree.

I find myself, perversely enough, wish I was back in the army and over there for the sole reason of just being able to see first hand for myself whats really going on.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
A good case in point to use as an example is this whole war. Had the US killed Saddam the first night, with that very first Air Strike as they had hoped this war could have been over before it had time to gather insurgents from foreign countries.

Nice attempt to spread a bit of disinformation trying to link Saddam Hussein to the, ahem, insurgents. Do you just come out with the first offhand comment that forms in your head, or you deliberately trying to create obfuscation at the behest of some higher authority?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

A local Iraqi has come forward that is stating that he saw American soldiers take a man resembling al-Zarqawi wrap his head in a robe and then beat him shortly before he died.

The man, who lived near the scene of the bombing, claimed in an interview with AP Television News to have seen U.S. soldiers beating an injured man resembling al-Zarqawi until blood flowed from the man's nose.

This dude is likely a card carrying skeptic right here on ATS

As I see it, I'd 'a introduced myself as a member of the United States Marines, and then beat him to a certain death too......

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What if... the farmer's testimony is true. If it were and he were associated with the "terrorists" you would not believe him. Or if he because he loved close enough and only a single witness account you will not believe him. Understood, but there are other things that can get teh truth out instead of immediate judgement.

i am not saying he is telling the truth, but i am trying to change the mindset of those who have already made a decision without enough information for a proper assumption.

In regards to the marine comment... you are an American first no?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Nice attempt to spread a bit of disinformation trying to link Saddam Hussein to the, ahem, insurgents. Do you just come out with the first offhand comment that forms in your head, or you deliberately trying to create obfuscation at the behest of some higher authority?

No it is not from my head it is a fact you have to live with

OSAMA BIN LADEN and Saddam Hussein

OSAMA BIN LADEN and Saddam Hussein had an operational relationship from the early 1990s to 2003 that involved training in explosives and weapons of mass destruction, logistical support for terrorist attacks, al Qaeda training camps and safe haven in Iraq, and Iraqi financial support for al Qaeda--perhaps even for Mohamed Atta--according to a top secret U.S. government memorandum obtained by THE WEEKLY STANDARD.

The memo, dated October 27, 2003, was sent from Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Douglas J. Feith to Senators Pat Roberts and Jay Rockefeller, the chairman and vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee. It was written in response to a request from the committee as part of its investigation into prewar intelligence claims made by the administration. Intelligence reporting included in the 16-page memo comes from a variety of domestic and foreign agencies, including the FBI, the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Central Intelligence Agency, and the National Security Agency. Much of the evidence is detailed, conclusive, and corroborated by multiple sources. Some of it is new information obtained in custodial interviews with high-level al Qaeda terrorists and Iraqi officials, and some of it is more than a decade old. The picture that emerges is one of a history of collaboration between two of America's most determined and dangerous enemies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join