It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: 3 Guantanamo inmates commit suicide

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
So now the investigation into the suicides of the 3 detainees at Guantanamo Bay Prison camp is under way....

Will this be a cover up?

There’s nothing to cover up, the investigation is probably just standard procedure, why do some people want there to be a cover-up?

Ever do a Google search on ATS?

Discussion Forum Home Page - Above Top Secret Conspiracy Community
Conspiracy related discusion about a wide range of topics in the Above Top Secret website discussion forums. Our topics include freemasons, illuminati, ...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yeah, I’ve seen that line thrown around a lot recently, and in my opinion its a misuse of the site and a lame and pathetic excuses to post something totally BS and not have to back it up. If thats how people want ATS to be run then that's unfortunate and tragic.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Yeah, I’ve seen that line thrown around a lot recently, and in my opinion its a misuse of the site and a lame and pathetic excuses to post something totally BS and not have to back it up. If thats how people want ATS to be run then that's unfortunate and tragic.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by WestPoint23]

Or one could bury their head in the sand and accept without question what is put forth by this administration. Their track record doesn't warrant that faith though imo.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Oh, so that's what this is about, hmm... interesting choice of words, instead of promoting questions with some evidence, information and substance you're promoting questioning the accepted fact for questionings sake no matter how outrageous it may be? Great policy if I do say so myself.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Oh, so that's what this is about, hmm... interesting choice of words, instead of promoting questions with some evidence, information and substance you're promoting questioning the accepted fact for questionings sake no matter how outrageous it may be? Great policy if I do say so myself.

So this is about me now? I was addressing the topic, not myself, although I must admit I can be quite charming at times. I think I hit a nerve here.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
No not about you, about the staff in general, should have been more clear. And yes I don't particularly like this new atmosphere that's being created on ATS recently but this isn't the place to talk about it, so I’ve said all I need to for today.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

No not about you, about the staff in general, should have been more clear. And yes I don't particularly like this new atmosphere that's being created on ATS recently but this isn't the place to talk about it, so I’ve said all I need to for today.

Before you go, read my quote from another thread:

Anti-Bush is Anti-American?

Disagreeing with the Administration is now un-American? How? Why? It seems that people of BOTH parties are getting of at the next stop. Yes, I went to Fox so that it couldn't be called biased:

www.foxnews.com...

So it seems that there is MORE than 50% of the American public that don't support this president. Doing the math I figure it at about 65-68%. That's 2 out of every 3. Are those 2 un-American? That makes no sense to me. Only 1/3 of the population is pro-American? What kind of logic is that?

That being said it would seem that ATS is in line with the majority of what the people are thinking. Not that that matters, this is a privately owned website. At least we, as a site, are critical thinkers, not being led by propaganda and the whims of opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Guess you haven't been watching the news for the past couple of
decades, have you? Suicide definately IS a way the terrorists wage
war. Homicide by suicide is usually how it works, but hey, they are
branching out a bit. One step leads to the next. They don't care
about their own lives, or anyone elses. Suicide is a way of war
with them. That's the truth and the bottom line.

SHOW Me PROOF that people held in Guantnamo ARE Terrorists!

WHERE IS IT?

Where is the Evidence?

Where is the FAIR Trial?

Isn't a FAIR TRIAL something America is all about?

As far as I am concerned, these VAST Majority of the People held in Guantanamo are Innocent, since nobody has actually presented any PROOF and EVIDENCE against them. They are probably being held INDEFINETLY there just because they are Muslims.

It was just a Matter of time, when people start killing themselves in those Gulags. Just how much you think they can stand? How much screeching music can a man take? How much twisted, sadistic torture you think people need before they crack? Why do you think so many people were on hunger strikes as far as 2002? Why do you think there were so many sucide attemptes? Because the Enviroment is "HEALTHY"?

When Suicide becomes Resistance

The real purpose of Bush’s premier-gulag is to familiarize the American people with the tectonic shift in American justice. By shoving Guantanamo under their noses, the public is forced to accept this new and strange reality. “Everything has changed”; principles have been abandoned, commitments discarded, liberties forsaken. America will no longer play by the rules. There are no more guarantees on personal freedom; the law is being reshaped to meet the requirements of new world order.

Bush has shown that he has no intention of honoring any of the conventions or treaties that restrict the behavior of the state. Prisoners at Guantanamo have been deprived of the most basic civil liberties even the right to know why they are being detained. Bush asserts that he has absolute power over the lives of anyone he designates as an “enemy combatant”. This puts him squarely above the law.

What a GREAT Country president Bush is making by RE-shaping Laws.

You feel any Safer today?

[edit on 13/6/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Yeah, right. America, and the coalition of the willing, were the ones who
were brave enough to step in and stop Saddam from mass murdering and
mass torturing and mass raping. WE were the ones ... not the UN.
WE were the ones, not France or Germany who were in bed with Saddam;
taking bribes and stealing billions of $$$ in Oil for Food money from the
Iraqis. Cowardly. Yeah, riiiiiiiiiight

ROFLMFAO

Yeah it,s so so brave to bomb civilians from offshore isn,t it.??that takes a really brave decision..'hmmm what,ll we do today.. i know lets fire off a few hundred missiles from a safe location..that,ll prove to the world how brave we are'''

And there.s NO WAY you,re ever gonna convince ANYONE that this was a humanitarian operation.If so why haven,t they done anything about the african situation where there is the biggest case of slaughter,rape and genocide in recent history..

Also,Show us the charges presented to ALL the detainees in GITMO then if you,re so convinced that they are all guilty..

Honestly.it seems the more information some people are given the less they understand.Maybe it,s ''THE AMERICAN WAY''.that you should believe anything your prez should tell you.coz we know how honest and brave the governments and their corporations of the ''free west'' are

.ahem.. cough cough Cheney..deep bunker...Rumsfelds Birdy vaccinations..cough

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Already forgot about this ey?

Guardian

After three inmates killed themselves, the Pentagon declared the suicides an act of 'asymmetric warfare', banned the media and went on a PR offensive. But as despair grows within the camp, so too does outrage mount at its brutal and secretive regime.

According to Guantanamo's rules, a six-person team of military police should have been patrolling constantly, and as usual the bright neon lights stayed on. A guard should have passed each detainee's cell every 30 seconds. 'From the landing, you can see right into every cell,' said Rasul. 'They don't have doors, just gates made from wide-spaced mesh. There's no privacy. If you hang up a towel because you want to go to the toilet, they make you take it down.'

The high degree of surveillance has foiled dozens of previous attempts by prisoners to take their own lives. 'It happened in front of me several times. The soldiers would see what was happening and they were in the cell in seconds,' Rasul said. But somehow, in circumstances that the Pentagon has succeeded in keeping totally obscure, late on Friday, 9 June, three detainees, all weak and emaciated after months on hunger strike and being force-fed, managed to tease bedsheets through their cells' mesh walls, tie them into nooses and hang themselves. With the cells little taller than the height of a man, they stood no chance of breaking their necks: the only way they could die was slowly, by hypoxia.

That would take at least four or five minutes, probably longer,' said Dr David Nicholl, consultant neurologist at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital, who has been co-ordinating international opposition to Guantanamo by physicians. 'It's very difficult to see how, if the landing was being properly patrolled, they could have managed to accomplish it.'

Well I have a Problem with this too;

How the Hell did 3 Detainees "Hand Themselves", when they are put in Cages like Animals in a Zoo? I bet there are Several cameras observing each and every move, and the the Operator is monitoring them 24/7.

If they HANG up towels to go to the Bathroom - they are forced to untie them down.

So, how did these 3 Detainees manage to Hang themselves, without "Anybody" seeing anything and/or try to Prevent them from doing it?

Well it is all over now - I guess people already forgot about this story.

Great PR move with that "Zarqawi Assassination"!

Everybody quickly forgets everything Else!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I just wish America was not so worried about pleasing people like Souljah so that more of the detainees could be allowed to commit suicide or be executed in particularly horrendous fashion.. such as being run over with a steam roller or dismembered and fed to sharks. In my mind's eye I see a limbless terrorist being thrown in the warm shark infested waters near Gitmo and watch as he bobs up and down without any limbs..like a cork and then finally a feeding frenzy makes him cease to exist and sends him to Hell where he gets to be with his 72 goats.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Agent T, civilians mush be destroyed in war..who cares. If you care so much why don't you go to Iraq and help feed homless Iraqis..help them rebuild their infrastructure, teach their children in school...etc....However,I bet you will not you just want to come on this site and bash America's evil policies. You are so typically mundane as is Souljah...poor meaningless whelps. If you think American activites are so bad right now. I beg to differ. America goes out of its way to appease wimps like you. If I were running this war there would be millions of enemy casaulties -so many that Islamic extremists would be extinct. I think an appropriate way to deal with the insurgents would be to lop their heads off with a pig's blood encoated scimitar and then have the newly decpaitated head wrapped in pig skin and buried in pig's dung

[edit on 27-6-2006 by irontyrant]

[edit on 27-6-2006 by irontyrant]

Mod Edit: Please view the Terms and Conditions; Name calling is not allowed.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
So xphiles.. did YOU fight and die for your rights????

I did...i fought for 8 years for MY rights and every AMERICANS right. not theirs...i didnt fight for THEIR rights, i didnt watch friends die to THEY had it good in Prison. the belong there with the rest of the rats personally. i care not for a criminal and even less for a terrorist. they deserve no rights, and they will get no rights....GOOD RIDENS that's what i say.

AND YES I FOUGHT FOR THOSE DAMN RIGHTS!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by irontyrant
I just wish America was not so worried about pleasing people like Souljah so that more of the detainees could be allowed to commit suicide or be executed in particularly horrendous fashion.. such as being run over with a steam roller or dismembered and fed to sharks.

Will it be Live on Fox?

In my mind's eye I see a limbless terrorist being thrown in the warm shark infested waters near Gitmo and watch as he bobs up and down without any limbs..like a cork and then finally a feeding frenzy makes him cease to exist and sends him to Hell where he gets to be with his 72 goats.

I have one word for you;

T H E R A P Y.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join