It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: 3 Guantanamo inmates commit suicide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I know, I have seen the civilian jals frist hand...they are nightmares and living hell.

the burlap uniforms that arent hardly ever cleaned adn smell...and do not FIT!!!

there are no beds but shelfs.....and the food is awful.

Xphiles.. i stand corrected.. i now have to say that i am proud of you to ''volunteer'' to go survey these 'jals frist hand'''

It leaves me with a deep warmth that people such as you ''visit'' these places just to check out the humane treatment so that others can benefit from your''experience''

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You need to wonder why it's so 'cool' to beat on America lately, not sit there and complain that we beat on America. There aint no smoke without fire.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

my family and I are not suspected terrorists and as an AMERICAN I have a right to a speedy trial.

So??? DOn't these people have that right too??.. Uhh no, look at your bigoted answer below.

THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT AMERICANS AND ARE NOT ENTITLED TO THE SAME RIGHTS AS I!!!!!!

I could never respect such a b.s. statement. In fact this is the worst thing I've seen anyone on ATS say about other people. Imprisoning these people for so many years without a REASON is a war crime IMO. A FREAKING WAR CRIME!!!

AMERICAN RIGHTS DOES NOT EQUAL WORLD WIDE RIGHTS!!!!

But we are all human beings, and we all have the same rights to live. So who are you to say that. These people were rounded up and jailed indefinately. Their families don't even know if they're still alive or not.At least one of those detainees is or was from England and had nothing to do with any war. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and got rounded up. This was in the news a few years bac

they did not fight and die for these rights, thus they dont have them.

And you didn't fight and die for your rights either. AND I DON"T CARE IF YOUR ANCESTORS DID!!! Now please cut this ignorant ranting out.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I hear (or maybe it was a joke?) that Democrats are writing an Al-Queda Bill of Rights.

It wouldn't surprise me.

If conditions where so bad, we should have sent them to detention centers in their own countries. Oh, wait...Democrats would have pitched a fit about that too.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Carseller,

Democrats and Republicans work for the same people and the same goals. The so called "throwing fits" politics is just a farce.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Not to side track the direction of this discussion, but could it be possible that this has something to do with Fox's Bill O'Reilly (sp?) and "The Factor" there at Gitmo this past friday for a program to be aired this monday?
(O'Reilly commented that the average prisoner had gained 18 pounds since being incarcerated among other things in a program trailer.)
Might these 3 have felt guilt or shame, with their "3 hots and a cot" while their extremist brother muslims were battling the infidels, going without food or rest for who knows how long? And, Allah forbid, that their buddies back home catch a glimpse of them on "Fox"..........................
I don't believe the tax payers should be footing the bill for an indefinate incarceration, nor do I feel people should not have speedy trials. If the government has the goods on them, let's get this trial process going. "Fish or cut bait!"
And to compare Gitmo's conditions to State pens' is a joke. I don't hear about any of these "detainee's" doing farm detail. They're getting far better treatment than most prisoners in the US. They get food that is in accordance to their religious beliefs. They can keep their hair long(!!!!!)
Gitmo is a nice little muslim holiday palace for these guys, where on earth could they possibly be treated better? (Random and isolated incidents of bad behavior by their guards, aside, of course)
Get real, folks, it sounds like these boys felt like they had betrayed their cause. Now, if they happen to be part of they innocent sector that just got swooped up in the grand scheme of things, someone has some explaining to do..........including why they were held for 4 and a half years for nothing.
And, if Gitmo is on the up and up, why isn't the Red cross allowed access? (But "Fox" news does?)

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
There are a few things to consider in this matter.

First - the conditions in Guantanamo are rapidly deteriorating; there are about 150 prisoners on hunger strike, there have been around 30 suicide attempts (or more) and now we have 3 confirmed suicides. Now we know, that it is against the Muslim religion to commit a suicide, because you are not going to Heaven then. Yes, I know that some of you will say now: "What about those suicide bombers?". But if you do not belive, look it up! And I really do not buy the story, that that ALL of the detainees held in Gitmo are worlds most wanted men, since we have seen numerous times, how many completly innocent people are being held there.

Second - now when a "Suicide" happens in a Prison, how do you know it was REALLY a Sucidie and not a "Sucidie"? There are many ways to break a man down in a prison to take his own life - and in the end, you kind of helped him to do it. But I am not talking about that; I mean, when a suicide happens in a prison, aren't you just a BIT skeptic towards that story? Weird stuff is happening in Gutantnamo, and we sure have no idea what that is - since the only version of the Story coming out is the Military one, and we all know, that the military will and does protect their own interests and their own personal anti-terrorist agenda, which must always make them look like the Good guys, even if they are not so Good after all.

Third - now I know how many suicides and events like this occur in Prisons across America and across the World. Have you been to a Chinese prison? Well I think people also just dissapear there, without any trace or word in the news, like in this kind of event.

Well several people did and will say: "Screw'em! They are Terrorists!". I just have to ask some of you then, to just consider a possibilty, that these 3 people were actually NOT terrorists, innocent men, who just cracked and did commit suicide, which is against their religious views. OR something even worse happened - that they got some "Help" from the people who "Guard" them...

snip

Well Deserved Mate!

Keep it up!

[edit on 11/6/06 by Souljah]

[edit on 11-6-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
"They have no regard for life, either ours or their own. I believe this was not an act of desperation, but an act of asymmetrical warfare waged against us."

Mmmmm....I think Rear Adm. Harris needs to show resolve here and launch a decisive counter-attack by pulling out his service firearm and blowing his brains out in front of the other inmates. That sure would show those brown skinned buggers

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
not giving rights to prisoners to see their lawyers.

Enemy combatants don't have that right.

who in their right mind is going to believe that?

Considering that these idiot terrorists are willing to blow themselves up
in the name of 'allah' and that they think it's good to do so .... why wouldn't
we believe that they'd be willing, and perhaps prefer, to commit suicide?
They can't murder anymore. So their reason to live is gone.
boo-freak'n-hoo.

the word on the street is ...

'the street' eh? Been hanging at democraticunderground.com??
This is the same 'street' that said Bush would parade out UBL just before elections
in 2004 to ensure victory.
Of course that wasn't accurate either.

these boys did not kill themselves.

They are men. Terrorists. And they are willing to kill themselves
in suicide bombings so they are willing to kill themselves whenever
they wish.

devout muslims believe that suicide is a sin

And devout muslims aren't supposed to kill other muslims either,
But they do it all the time. 'Devout muslims' kill themselves as
suicide bombers and yet they do.

US is about to close Guantanomo.

No it's not. GITMO is necessary. Otherwise these terrorists
would be housed in our backyards here in America. No politician
would ever allow it. That would be political suicide.

[edit on 6/11/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
First - the conditions in Guantanamo are rapidly deteriorating; there are about 150 prisoners on hunger strike, there have been around 30 suicide attempts (or more) and now we have 3 confirmed suicides.

Give proof that the conditions in GITMO are 'rapidly deteriorating'.

A hunger strike by terrorists isn't 'rapid deterioration'. It's them acting out.
Suicide and suicide attempts by the terrorists are not proof of anything. They
are willing to kill themselves as suicide bombers. They are willing to kill
other muslims who are out shopping or standing in pay lines in Iraq. They
are willing to kill muslim children who are playing.

Pointing to the 'no suicide' claus of Islam and saying that their suicide isn't
possible because it goes against the religion doesn't cut it.

Give CREDIBLE proof of 'rapid deterioration' at GITMO.

The terrorists there are getting the best medical care of their lives.

The terrorists there are getting three, more than adequate,
'religion appropriate' meals a day.

The terrorists get their Islamic worship items (at US tax payer expense!) and
an Islamic chaplain who speaks their language.

Their housing is more than adequate for enemy combatant prisoners.

So how exactly are conditions deteriorating? hmmmm?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Give proof that the conditions in GITMO are 'rapidly deteriorating'.

Physical, visible conditions may not be an indicative of the mental condition of inmates. Then again, that may be the idea. Drive them all nuts and then they just do themselves in.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
An act of warfare?? Can the Americans not talk about
ANYTHING without mentioning war!

These are enemy combatants caught during war.
Common sense says that war is a factor and that
it will enter the discussion.

(got some anti-american bias eh? )

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
A hunger strike by terrorists isn't 'rapid deterioration'. It's them acting out.
Suicide and suicide attempts by the terrorists are not proof of anything. They
are willing to kill themselves as suicide bombers. They are willing to kill
other muslims who are out shopping or standing in pay lines in Iraq. They
are willing to kill muslim children who are playing.

Give me PROOF that the People held in Guatnanamo ARE Terrorists apart from the word coming from the filthy mouth of mister Rumsfeld or mister Bush. Give me one single TRIAL supported with EVIDENCE so the World can see, that these people indeed are worlds-top-deadly-terorists and that they are just waiting to commit more attacks upon American people or others. WHERE IS THIS PROOF?

Give CREDIBLE proof of 'rapid deterioration' at GITMO.

Well, 150 on Hunger strike, several suicide attempts and now 3 suicides?

What is PROOF for you?

A mass suicide of 500 Detainees?

The terrorists there are getting the best medical care of their lives.

You mean Force Feedings?

The terrorists there are getting three, more than adequate,
'religion appropriate' meals a day.

Sure they are.

The terrorists get their Islamic worship items (at US tax payer expense!) and
an Islamic chaplain who speaks their language.

Wow - I am Impressed!

Their housing is more than adequate for enemy combatant prisoners.

Can you also show me the PROOF that they indeed are Enemy Combatants?

Or can you show me One Trial, which prosecuted them in according to the Internatioanl Law?

Well I think I have to give one more award:

snip

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Physical, visible conditions may not be an indicative of the
mental condition of inmates.

Sure. But souljah directly said 'CONDITIONS' are rapidly deteriorating.
I listed the conditions, and they aren't deteriorating. As far as mental
conditions of being held captive ... they have only themselves to blame
for that. They are terrorists; they made their beds and now they can lie
in them - or in this case kill themselves in them.

Drive them all nuts ...

They had to be nuts to begin with to get to where they are now.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Give me PROOF that the People held in Guatnanamo ARE Terrorists

They were caught in the act. You should be happy. Since they are locked
up they can no longer blow up innocent muslim Iraqis in the market place.

Give me one single TRIAL...

Enemy combatants don't get 'international trials'.
Never have.

150 on Hunger strike, several suicide attempts and now 3 suicides?

AGAIN .. that's not proof. That's their actions.
Give proof of rapidly deteriorating conditions at GITMO.
Their continued ignorant actions are not 'conditions'.

You mean Force Feedings?

No. Medical care.
www.defenselink.mil...

snip

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   

There are a few things to consider in this matter.

First - the conditions in Guantanamo are rapidly deteriorating; there are about 150 prisoners on hunger strike, there have been around 30 suicide attempts (or more) and now we have 3 confirmed suicides.

Stop with your spreading lies and proaganda Souljah you will only end up hurting your crditablity more then it is already. There are not 150 on a hunger strike that is wrong.

89 on Hunger Strike at Gitmo

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Ive noticed in the quotes and snips from gwbush commenting on closing guantanamo, he always says

' he'd like to '

So WHO is stopping him?

Who is the man behnid the curtain telling bush we NEED to keep it open jsut a little bit longer?

I think this is the first sign that bush ISNT The top of the ladder..
that he is listening to SOMEONE ELSE

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Next thing you know there will be mass suicide.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Oh, wait...Democrats would have pitched a fit about that too.

Keep political sniping to the Politics @ ATS board please.

AboveTopSecret.com is for the discussion of conspiratorial angles of dozens of different types of alternative topics. Very often, politics does indeed factor into these conspiracy topics, but as a component of the conspiracy. Baiting and sniping with political agendas is not tolerated on these boards.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by WithoutEqual
Godamn you people make me sick. Do you have any clue at how many people die in U.S. county jails, state pens, and federal pens? Know how many people commit suicide while locked up? U.S. citizens face the same crap if not worse in our civilian jails, oh and you'll never see the Red Cross around a civilian jail either. People with diabetes don't get insulin, asthmatics are kept from their inhalers, and that's just here where I'm at, what about, Cali, NY.

Americans don't give a crap about "criminals" in our jails, yet, they freak the hell out with Habib goes on a hunger strike, or kills himself.

But, I bet if you gave one of those "terrorists" the option of an Egyptian or Saudi jail, versus gitmo, they'd choose gitmo everytime.

I know, I have seen the civilian jals frist hand...they are nightmares and living hell.

the people at guantanamo bay have it FAR easier because they get international attention.

the burlap uniforms that arent hardly ever cleaned adn smell...and do not FIT!!!

there are no beds but shelfs.....and the food is awful.

*shudders*

[edit on 10-6-2006 by XphilesPhan]

Im sorry but i have to say u have made a few ignorant comments, especialy with the wise yoda as a pic. Now i have never been in a U.S. federal prison, i have seen as many t.v. shows and movies to know tis horrible, and seeing that and knowing the difference between reality and tv im sure its 100 times more horrible. Although these peole at guantanamo bay aint all "blood thirsty terroists" as for one, there is a australian held at gauntanamo who was found in iraq with a army uniform. Now he has been held at gauntanamo for over 2 years without any charges put agaiasnt him, he can be held indefinately. Also i remember seeing a BBC documentry "Behind the shadows" i think it was called, anyhow it shows how the rebel forces in afganistan were paid for every al qaeda soldier they captured, so these rebels just got any arab looking male they could find to hand over to the americans for money, and these people ended up in guantanamo. Now you make it out like these guys in guantanamo have it easy, "they get international attention" yeah so what? Does than mean anything really to you yanks? Your still going to run the joint, and we only get to see the prisoners walking between cells or what ever. Do we see what happens when the lights go out? Now im not saying at all that american troops are breaking any genvea convention on torture, but they have ways to get around it.

This news report has been on australian tv all day, saying that it was a political suicide to try to undermine the u.s. government. But hey these guys could of jsut done it cause they were sick of being imprisoned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join