It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Info on the Pyramids of Giza- we're not being told something

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Video about ancient technology
video.google.com...

Interesting info on the Pyramid
www.geocities.com...

all three Great Pyramids were constructed within a century. Assuming very low numbers, the pyramids consist of 2.5 million stone blocks for each of the large 2 pyramids, and 1.0 million stone blocks for the small one giving 6.0 million stones to be cut, hauled, shaped, lifted and postioned in 100 years.

6,000,000 blocks / 1200 months = 5000 blocks laid per month

5000 blocks / 30 days per month = 166.6 blocks laid per day

166.6 blocks / 24 hour working day = 6.9 blocks laid per hour

So given very generous figures, the Egyptologists want you to believe that the Egyptions were able to complete (at a bare minimum) 7 stone blocks weighing 2.0-2.5 Tons every hour of every day for 100 years without days off for accidents or bad weather etc, using only primitive stone and copper tools, plant-fiber ropes and wooden sledges.

Info on the supposed evidence for the "dating" of the Pyramid
www.rickrichards.com...

Why is the photograph of the cartouche in Figure 4 NOT an accurate representation of the SAME CARTOUCHE as depicted in Figure 3?

Based on Col. Howard Vyse's authentic historical record (dated May 27, 1837) I believe the original cartouche discovered in Campbell's Chamber looked exactly like that drawn in Figure 3 (the glob of paint looks like excess paint to me.)

But why does the modern-day photograph look so different from the original drawing of the same cartouche?

I believe that days or years or centuries or millennia later, someone (Vyse? or a modern-day Egyptian restoration project?) realized the circle needed THREE crosshatches inside it in order to correctly spell the letters "Kh" (as in Khufu) and painted three (3) crosshatches in the circle, the middle crosshatch covering the ORIGINAL DOT in the center, which is depicted in Fig.3. But, while the forger(s?) painted the new crosshatches, they inadvertently made another dreadful mistake -— They didn't quite cover up the entire DOT in the center that was originally drawn! (see Fig.3)

Examine Fig.4 again, this time VERY CLOSELY. The middle crosshatch has a very obvious and suspicious bulge in its center. I believe this bulge WAS originally A DOT at one time, particularly on May 27, 1837 when the historic discovery was first made and recorded (drawn.)

If any of you are wondering about the red, ochre paint used (by Vyse) to paint the inscriptions, interestingly enough, the same red, ochre paint the ancient Egyptians used was still in use in 1837.

News about fraud and corruption in Egypt
www.lyghtforce.com...
www.keysofenoch.org...
weekly.ahram.org.eg...

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Kilik11]
edited for 'ex' tags

[edit on 10-6-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Info on the Sphinx's underground tunnels
phoenix.akasha.de...

Reality-

Dr. Joseph Schor of The Schor Foundation. Schor had obtained an annually renewable five-year license to conduct acoustic and radar surveys on the Giza plateau under the direction of Florida State University. Said had entered into a joint-venture with Schor to film the work for a new documentary.

The sight he saw was very different to the one shown to the world on the FOX TV Special. A pile of muddy debris extended from the eastern side of the room and tapered off at the sides into the water. Towards the centre the partially buried enclosure also full of water broke through the debris. Said’s crew scraped away at the dirt on the chamber’s eastern side to clear a flat area for the camera tripod. It quickly became apparent that a smooth hard surface was becoming exposed. As more was revealed, a dark sarcophagus lid came into view.

vs. achaeology-

I have found a shaft, going 29 meters [95 feet approximately] vertically down into the ground, exactly halfway between the Chefren Pyramid [the middle pyramid] and the Sphinx. At the bottom, which was filled with water, we have found a burial chamber with four pillars. In the middle is a large granite sarcophagus which I expect to be the grave of Osiris, the god... I have been digging in Egypt's sand for more than 30 years, and up to date this is the most exciting discovery I have made...

1997, in dirt

vs.

1999, submerged in a pool of water

lol , shiiiitwww.redmoonrising.com...

Unknown symbols in the Pyramid shaft "door"? A triangle with a circle inside? on the left side of the door?

In March 1993, a small 'door' made of marble or limestone with two copper handles fixed on it was discovered by a mechanized robot (Upuaut II, "The opener of the way" in ancient Egyptian) at the end of a long narrow shaft (8 x 8 inches and 200 feet long). Since then the discoverer, robotics engineer Rudolf Gantenbrink from Munich, has been banned from resuming the exploration and opening the door.

forums.atlantisrising.com...;f=2;t=000539

forums.atlantisrising.com...

Actually Pyramids were built by Thoth, not Khufu

www.crystalinks.com...
Giza Power
www.gizapower.com...

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Kilik11]

edited for 'ex' tags...U2U sent

[edit on 10-6-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
you're saying that the pyramids were built by a fictional character?
there's no historical evidence for thoth's existence

also, the pyramids could have easily been built by humans, it's called cheap labor and plenty of it

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I believe they did open the "door" and what was found was simply another "door".

and the emerald tablets of thoth are a hoax discussed deveral times on ATS.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Nice post Kilik. I don't understand why Mr. Hawass continues to hamper investigations. Is it because he thinks it would kill off the tourist industry if everything was revealed at once?

Madnessinmysoul, even with all that cheap labor don't you find it a little hard to believe that they supposedly accomplished all that within a timeframe of one century using the tools of that age moving 2+ton stones? There is more to this story.

Pie

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The Pyramids of Giza: Could they have been made?

The idea that it is a burial chamber, comes from four main pieces of evidence:
  • The legends told to and reported by Herodotus who visited the pyramids in 443 BC
  • The funerary complex near the Great Pyramid with inscriptions citing Cheops/Khufu as the reigning pharaoh
  • In the pyramid itself, on a granite slab above the ceiling of the main chamber, some small, red ochre paint marks that have a slight resemblance to a hieroglyphic symbol for the name of Khufu
  • Writing outside the pyramids, describing how and when it was built.
Now to truly argued against it, you need to examine the main pieces of evidence.
  1. Can’t be taken as fact, as it is a story.
  2. Could have been built after.
  3. Claimed to be faked.
  4. Seems to describe repair work, not building.
Now, the Pyramids are claimed to contain 2,300,000 limestone and granite blocks - which is actually more than contained in the entire Churches in the United Kingdom, during the 1400’s to 1800’s. On a mineral scale, limestone is 4 to 5 and granite is 5 to 6. Now, housed in the Cairo Museum the only example of saws that were found dating from the 4th Dynasty are copper and bronze, both which come between 3.5 to 4 on this scale. [1]

So, when looking at the first part the ability to cut and shape the blocks so perfectly is heavily suspect with the technology that they are described to have been using - next, you have the blocks themselves. Many of these blocks are meant to weigh on average 2.6tons, with the heaviest being estimated at over 15tons. Now, to complete the project in ten years Civil Engineering magazine [June 1999.] estimated that the average workforce was 13,2000 with a peak workforce of 40,000. Their calculations suggest that to complete it in ten years, with that many people you would have to sustain a rate of 180 blocks per-hour or three blocks every 60-seconds.

Now, think of that for a moment: to construct in ten-years, it would take a rate of 3blocks per-minute to be built in that time. An amazing feat, when many of the blocks were carved in Aswan, 600miles to the south. The problem with the Civil Engineering magazine, what they did not factor in was the time it would take to design, plan, survey, level a 13-acre site and more importantly, they didn’t factor in the building of other pyramids, temples, houses, gathering of food, etc. All of which would add considerable to their ten year estimate. When compared against the time span that Khufu reigned [2589 BC to 2566 BC.][2] the ability for such a project to be under-taken is highly suspect. However, it is not impossible.

How were the blocks moved? It is known, that the most likely source of the material was gathered from Aswan and the surrounding region - transporting them almost 600miles, in some cases. Now, depending on which theory you ascribe to the ability to move them is different. From, rolling them on wooden slates, to using kites to pull them and so on and so fourth. I actually ascribe to a hybrid theory:

If you take the theories of Mark Lehner and Mory Gharib, and combine them you have the ability to move the blocks “quickly”. Mark Lehner, put forward the theory that there was a road that was lubricated [with water or milk] and then pulled along these - sliding. Mory Gharib, a Caltech aeronautics professor put forward the idea that they could have been moved using “kites” and in June 2001, they were able to raise a 3000kg obelisk into position in 25seconds in just 22mph winds. It is fully possible, that these were added together. Thus much of the weight of the blocks, was removed from the labour force and they just helped to pull the rest of the weight. The largest blocks being transported fully by land, but the smaller being transported by ships with these kites helping to lift them.

Now, the problem of the ramp? To build a ramp to the top of the Pyramid would in fact take more material than the Pyramid themselves - however, excavation to the South of the Pyramids found the remains of a ramp. However, it wasn’t solid - two walls, filled with sand a material they had in abundance. The walls were used to help compact the sand so that they could build the pyramids.

When coupled with recent studies, done by Gilles Dormion and Jean Patrice Goidin they have found that between 10 to 15% of the Pyramid, is actually filled with sand, rubber, gypsum and so on and so fourth - the smoother blocks being on the outside and this can be seen on the pyramids themselves. Now that the case-stones have been removed [hundreds of years ago], the ones below them are not as smooth as people would suspect and this would remove the time they needed to work on them.

It is possible, that Khufu had them built - it has been displayed, through various theorists that it is fully possible to have built the pyramids in such a time frame. However, it would be hard-work - the evidence is there and clear that it could be completed but would be an amazing feat or engineering that is something even now we can’t compete with.

What was it used for?

Who knows? I tend to believe it was used for another purpose, not as a burial chamber but a temple. Will we ever find out? I hope so for my own sanity.

Odium.

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohs_scale_of_mineral_hardness
[2]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khufu

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Nice post Kilik. I don't understand why Mr. Hawass continues to hamper investigations. Is it because he thinks it would kill off the tourist industry if everything was revealed at once?

Madnessinmysoul, even with all that cheap labor don't you find it a little hard to believe that they supposedly accomplished all that within a timeframe of one century using the tools of that age moving 2+ton stones? There is more to this story.

Pie

he "hampers" the investigations because these supposed investigations tend to involve methods that could damage priceless historical sites

i'm pretty sure a group of 2000 people can move a stone mounted on a sled in the desert on their own
and you are right, there is more to the story, it's called human resourcefullness, i want to exactly what WE did, and by WE i mean HUMANS, what did HUMANS do to come up with an ingenious method of moving 2 ton stones.

people didn't believe that they raised obelisiks (sp?) either, but they found out exactly how they did it (buttloads of sand)

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I gave you a WATS for the research you put into this. I to believe that there is SOMTHING that is hidden within and about the pyramides.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I gave you a WATS for the research you put into this. I to believe that there is SOMTHING that is hidden within and about the pyramides.

a mummy they haven't found yet?

more giant stones?

additional writings?

i can't really think of anything else that could be in there

honestly, what could be in there that they haven't found?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

...honestly, what could be in there that they haven't found?

Maybe a couple of still-sharp razorblades?

How about some sleeping hippies?

Harte

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

...honestly, what could be in there that they haven't found?

Maybe a couple of still-sharp razorblades?

How about some sleeping hippies?

Harte

don't make fun of the hippies, they're just too nice. a hippie will give you the shirt off of his back, then say that you should definately stay away from the brown acid (hooray for an obscure reference)

d1k

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm waiting for Byrd to come in here and try to tell us how this was possible.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

i'm pretty sure a group of 2000 people can move a stone mounted on a sled in the desert on their own

Sure, but how do you move stone blocks over 600 miles at the rate of 3 every minute for 10 or 20 years? And how do you get the block in place with 2000 people standing around it, hundreds of feet off the ground? Humans are incredibly ingenious, but how come we can't do this now, thousands of years later with all the machinery and technological advances we've made?

I don't know about you, but I've never seen a theory that addresses the speed and logistics of building something on this scale. Moving a few hundred pound rock a few feet on rollers or a sled, doesn't answer ANY of the real questions about the pyramid's construction.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

a mummy they haven't found yet?

more giant stones?

additional writings?

i can't really think of anything else that could be in there

honestly, what could be in there that they haven't found?

The presision that this thing was built is amazing, and your telling me that a few thousand years ago a civilization built these things as fast and accurate as they did? with out any real known flaws? AND that after they were built no other more advanced civilization ever attempted to reconstruct or at least attempt another project on this scale? And on top of all that you would back a claim stating that the egyptians stalled their empire just to build a big stone pyramid to contain the king? I just don't buy it, there has to be a logical point as to why they would do something on such a large scale and why they tried so hard to line it with astronomy. Those doors the poster was talking about are interesting I have never heard of those being found before.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Those doors the poster was talking about are interesting I have never heard of those being found before.

Today is the first time I've seen photo's of the second door and I've been searching for more for hours. There's a definite pyramid symbol carved in the door along with at least two symbols that I can't find in any examples of hyroglyphs on the net. I've never heard anything about this before and it almost seems like it's being kept a secret.

Don't laugh but I think this is what it means..

[edit on 6/11/2006 by mythatsabigprobe]

[edit on 6/11/2006 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Why is not possible that several civilzations have come and gone that where as great if not greater than what we have today.....

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
lol

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RF Squibbles
Why is not possible that several civilzations have come and gone that where as great if not greater than what we have today.....

I agree. 100,000 years of modern humans being in existance, but only civilised for the past 5,000 odd years? So, we just sat around for 95,000 years and hunted mammoths?

Find that hard to believe myself.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by RF Squibbles

I agree. 100,000 years of modern humans being in existance, but only civilised for the past 5,000 odd years? So, we just sat around for 95,000 years and hunted mammoths?

Find that hard to believe myself.

Evolution. And that is part of the point to this argument, maybe we were simple mammels that had the potential for intelegence so someone or something helped us out? If a civilization from 95,000 years ago had computers and space ships, plastics metals and various things don't disapear they all have halflives and would still be around for us to see. The only things we have found are primitive stone buildings and some pots, crude weapons, no super computer or space shuttle

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Evolution. And that is part of the point to this argument, maybe we were simple mammels that had the potential for intelegence so someone or something helped us out? If a civilization from 95,000 years ago had computers and space ships, plastics metals and various things don't disapear they all have halflives and would still be around for us to see. The only things we have found are primitive stone buildings and some pots, crude weapons, no super computer or space shuttle

Evolution has very little relevance in this context, as the species that we are existed back then also in the very same form as we sit here today.

Halflives? lol....dude.

Thats for radioactive materials and doesn't have any bearing on, say, Metal structures or plastics.

I think you'll find that metals and plastics will decay very significantly over a period of much less than 100,000 years.

Even metal artifacts from less than 1000 years ago very often end up as a pile of rust, otherwise we would be knee deep in ancient crap all over the place.

Besides, I'm not saying that were "advanced" as us, but saying that there was no civilisation for 95 % of modern humans existence is a bit far fetched. There are ruins dating to before the end of the last Ice Age that are now submerged due to the flooding. Check out the Black Sea, or India, or Japan, or any of dozens of sites around the world.

Open your mind and don't be so ignorant.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join