It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS History - Do you remember?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Who remembers when ATS looked like this?

OK, so how about this?

I'll be shocked if you remember this..

And nobody will remember this.. (almost)

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
think i actually remember the top one and the second one from when i used to browse around here from time to time
ata has certainly came a long way, improving all the time

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I remember the second to bottom one, how it looked a lot like another conspiracy site back then. Someone in a chat room claiming to be Simon Gray invited me to check it out. I doubt it was him though, people always take credit for other peoples work.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
ATS had advertising back in the early days.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If I remember right, I thin that 3rd pic was how it was just after I joined back in 2003, but I can't be too sure. It looks familiar though. I miss the old days... not as crowded, but I can't complain.

I always tried imagining how a site starts with nothing and builds to be a HUGE site, and luckily, I've gotten to witness it first-hand.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I joined around October of 2003 under a different name.....but sheesh....I still remember the old chat room aswell lol
Gotta love that old thing.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Wow, those are old, I remenber them back to the second to last one...I've been around here for too long...
Thank you Waybak machine. abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">web.archive.org...*/abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wow, almost here for 4 years with only 244 posts? Must be a lurker then... but I think your the only person not a Mod or anything from 2002.

Edit* Now after I say that I see a few other members from 2002, guess I wasn't paying attention.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by DarkHelmet]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Wow, almost here for 4 years with only 244 posts? Must be a lurker then...

Spending all your time at Sportztawk ?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Oh, I was talking about Sarcasimo who only has 244. I have almost 1500 here, and 972 over there... But yes, I do spend much of my time over on Sportztawk

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've gone back in time with the Wayback Machine and seen time before ATS.

I have a picture to prove it.

And then there was light.
And it was good.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It was a "sacred site" from the "get go"... The only difference now is MORE people get to discover the Denial Of Ignorance in a MUCH MORE eye pleasing way.

The "building of website from nothing to a huge site" is EASY... It only takes 7 YEARS and LOTS of work, patience, and money...

Then, never forget the people who weren't taught any manners and actually think you OWE them the right to insult you, your friends and your work in your own virtual "living room"...
They are always ready to inform you of how poorly youre doing.

BUT the REAL Members, who "GET IT", make the whole bloody mess worth risking everything for.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
And we love y'all for every last bit of it. I know how hard it must be to run this site all the time. Prolly a 24/7 job. Let's hope there's some money in there somewhere for you guys.

Oh, and I think I remember the 1st to 3rd ones. can't be sure though.

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
SepticChords, was you a memeber back then? What was your name?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The first one kind of looks familiar, I think it was from my lurking days, I only joined after I had been checking ATS out for a few months.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I've never seen any of those ATS incarnations, outside of use of the wayback machine.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
When I joined it was the first shot, but only for a couple of weeks.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
ive been a lurker for years i created a name back in 04 but then forgot password and login so i lurked for a few more years and created ona while ago again and actually began posting my info...i got tired of reading morons bickering lol....but in all truth i think this site has come a long way....Thank you the 3 amgios ur the best!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I do not recognize any of the photos as I was not coming to the site back then. I've been coming hear for almost a year. It's nice to see what ATS used to look like back then.

-tts

[edit on 13-6-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

new topics

top topics

join