It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on posting threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
i have a question, i always have questions about all different things but, when i post a thread i rarely but ever get a reply, i do not understand why, iam just confused on how to make a thread a thread well at least to get some questions answered.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Don't mind me. I'm posting here to let you know that at least ONE thread was answered.

Nah, your threads might be neglected be for alot of reasons.
IMO When It all boils down to it, some of the factors might include:

Repetitiveness: A topic of similar nature may have been posted earlier. (or many topics) People don't realy want to repeat what they have said before.
Interest: Not everybody holds the same interests as you.
Revelance: A topic may not be revelant to the time its posted. If everyone is talking about Australia being at war with India, chances are they are COMPLETELY focused on that topic, or a topic of that nature.
Misc: I see lots of commas in your post, but where are the capitals? Or the full-stops?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Another thing to remember is the day of the week. On weekends, there doesn't seem to be as many new posts or replies to posts.

For me, after 11:00 P.M. Central time, the ATS board "dies off" with new threads and replies. If you post near that time of night, your thread will be on the 2nd page and not as many people may see it.

When I log on to ATS, I always hit the MY ATS button to see if there are any new replies to any of my threads. Many times I have found that someone replied to my thread but that I missed it since I haven't been on ATS for a day or so.

My first post on ATS was a "repeat" post and I got my bucket kicked for it. I brought up a subject in the "aircraft" forum that was new to me, but that I didn't do a search for previous posts for, so it was a "repeat".

Just keep posting "good stuff" on areas that you are interested in. Sooner or later you will find others are interested in what you are posting and reply to your threads.

Hang in there,

JDub

new topics

join