It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Homosexuals will die

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
This Assumption is based on one simple fact.
It is now common knowledge that there is a Gay Gene.

Assumptions made on one single 'fact' that isn't a fact at all, is really pretty shaky. As others have said:
- homosexuality has been around forever
- gay people have straight parents
- gay people do reproduce all the time. Not with their partners, but with 'outside help'. And they have straight kids!

- there have been openly gay people (even gay marriage) for centuries.

Yes, all gay people are going to die, but so are all straight people.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
- gay people do reproduce all the time. Not with their partners, but with 'outside help'. And they have straight kids!

Okay clarification please, "outside help" ?? Like use some women to further the family name; sideshow like, all the while continuing with the "main attraction" ??

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure I exactly understand your question but what I meant by 'outside help' is either artificial insemination, sperm donation, surrogate motherhood or just getting together with an opposite sex couple and having some babies the old fashioned way.

Does that answer your question?
Need more details?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
... homosexauls have been around probly just aslong as straight ppl. and ever here of a turkey baster baby... yea they are real

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
It is now common knowledge that there is a Gay Gene.

Rather, the opposite is true. THere is no known gay gene or even much of a suspicion now that there is one.

The simple fact that one cannot propagate with ones own gender means that the Gay Gene would not be passed down to the next generation.

I think I understand where you are going with this. You are saying that before, people with the gay gene had to act straight, get married, have kids, and the gene went on. Now, gays can be openly gay, won't reproduce, and thus the trait will die out.

It would make perfect sense, if gayness was dictated by genes, the gene would be passed along, through the generations, in the past, because it was never really permissible to be gay and only gay. Thus we have this gene, floating around in the population today, being passed along like the genes for eye colour and the like, such that straigh parents produce gay children, just like brown eyed parents will produce blue eyed children.

The problem, however, is that there is no gay gene, and as you note, there is a spectrum of behaviour, from hetero, to homo, to bi, to all sorts of things. A person can pass along the gay gene, while having occasional sex with men, but still having a wife. Or it can be carried by a person, but not result in 'gay' behaviour, just like with blue eyes.

But the essential logic of your post does make sense, the activity was always either repressed entirely, or in hand with reproductive sex, and today, that pressure isn't necessarily there, so the 'gene' could die out (but again there doesn't seem to be a gay gene).

Its a bit of a toss up as to whether or not its allways been persecuted. Amoung the Spartans, it was actively encouraged, BUT not as an alternative to having heterosexual sex and reproducing. Everyone was socially encouraged to do both. I think that a person that was only engaging in male on male sex would indeed, at least in sparta, be looked down upon.

MUCH like The gay greek society would have been had it not been for an intervention.

There was no intervention, they happily shagged whatever they could whenever they could. They didn't have encouraged male on male sex, and then stop it. They actively encouraged male on male sex, and at the same time actively encouraged marriage and the family.

sardion2000
The earliest known(that I know of, not known in general) example of Homosexuality in Humans is in the Classical Greek era,

Even earlier, in teh epic of gilgamesh, the relationship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu, its almost like a modern broke back mountain.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ohh yes, there is a Gay Gene . In fact, I'm sure there's a lot more than one.

And I have little doubt that as long as there are people, there will be gay people.

An interesting theory. But then, if you're willing to accept the basic premise, almost anything can appear plausible.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Okay. I admit defeat now!

Congratulations all those who put on a good argument.

Shame on those of you who repeated things I had already explained.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Even earlier, in teh epic of gilgamesh, the relationship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu, its almost like a modern broke back mountain.

Well I wouldnt say that Brokeback mountain quite cuts it when you compare Gilgamesh and Enkidu, for if I remember correctly Gilgamesh ditches Enkidu to save himself. It has the male bonding part but nothing which could make you yell SCHWULAH!

[edit on 13-6-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'll steer clear of the argument regarding whether or not there is such a thing as a single gene for gayness, okay? But if there was...

...it would not necessarily be passed from generation to generation by gay people.

Everyone seems to have forgotten Genetics 101. To remind you, this is how it works:

Cecil Pink is gay. The gay gene is expressed in Cecil, because he has two copies of this gene, one inherited from his father and the other from his mother. Neither Mr. nor Mrs. Pink is gay, because each has only one copy of the gene: it is recessive in them. Cecil inherited half his mum's genes and half his dad's. The luck of the draw saw to it that he inherited the gay gene from both.

Marlon Pink, Cecil's elder brother, is as straight as an I-beam. This is because his half of his dad's genes didn't include the gay gene, but his half of his mum's genes did. The gene is recessive in Marlon.

Wilhelmina Pink, Cecil's bossy elder sister, is as straight as Marlon. Straighter, you could argue, because she hasn't inherited the gay gene from either parent.

Willie Pink marries Jonas Fester, who carries the gay gene and passes it on to all their children. But none of those kids is gay, because Willie herself doesn't carry the gene; the kids only have the one copy of it they got from Jonas.

Marlon marries Emma Leek, who like him carries a copy of the dreaded gene. Their union bears fruit (sorry, couldn't resist) in the form of Evangel, who, much to Marlon's chagrin, appears to take after his Uncle Cecil. Like Cecil Pink, Evangel Pink inherited two copies of the gay gene, one from Marlon the other from Emma. The gene for gayness is expressed in Evangel.

Cecil sees the light one day and joins a very homophobic charismatic church. Under the pastor's influence, he attends 'sexual reprogramming' sessions. The therapist, Penny Bright, is amazed at his rapid progress; within three weeks, Penny and Cecil are dating. Inside six months, they are married and Penny, now an ex-therapist, is pregnant.

Sadly, the marriage doesn't last. Little Horatio Pink is barely out of Pampers before Cecil lights out for San Francisco and a devilish new life of poppers, leather trews and water-based lubricants. Horatio grows up in a single-parent home, but one that is filled with love and lots of support from members of Penny's church. Naturally, he commences in the fullness of time to cut classes at school, listen to black metal music and take any drug he can lay his grubby mitts on. Before he graduates from high school, he's got a girl pregnant. He goes on to become a famous rock star, sleep with innumerable groupies and father a dozen bastards before finally paying the penalty for his excesses. It is, of course, AIDS that finally carries him off.

Horratio 'Horrid' Pink was never gay, even though his daddy is. Why? Because he didn't inherit Cecil's gay gene, and Penny wasn't carrying one.

I hope that makes things a little clearer. No? Oh, you can't have been paying attention. Read it again.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Astyanax]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
10 out of ten people will die, period.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by SpittinCobra]

Dont give away the ending. Jeez, way to spoil the entire show.

Honestly I dont believe homosexuality will " die " its a persons choice, and you arnt born homosexual. Life happens and people make choices, you see, when events happen in peoples life, people tend to learn and " evolve " from them. Through this life " evolution " things tend to move forward, instead of simply being birthed and being an infant forever.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by Caseysmind]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Well I wouldnt say that Brokeback mountain

Gil and Enkidu 'embrace' a little toooooo much it seems.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join