It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Homosexuals will die

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
All Homosexuals will die out in the next 5 to 10 generations.

This Assumption is based on one simple fact.
It is now common knowledge that there is a Gay Gene.
It is also known that Homosexuality has been around for centuries, but has been despised to the extent that if one were to admit themselves in public, they would be killed, so most stayed silent.

So where am I going with this?
Well if it is now O.K. to be gay, then those who are, will openly admit it.
The simple fact that one cannot propagate with ones own gender means that the Gay Gene would not be passed down to the next generation.

But of course, the only problem with my theory is Bi-Sexuality....

Discuss!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
um.

there have been gay people for a long, long time.

it's not like they just started popping up in the 60s.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Why don't you read the whole post?

It is also known that Homosexuality has been around for centuries,

Keyword: CENTURIES.

What have the 60's got to do with anything?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
10 out of ten people will die, period.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
so if you understand they've been around for centuries, why would they all of a sudden cease to exist?

why wouldn't they have just dropped off the face of the earth eighty years after the first gays were born?

that's what your little theory says should have happened, right?

[edit on 10-6-2006 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thats assuming the gay gene exists, and it isnt a hormonal mixup during pregnancy. If the laters the case, then your assertion is wrong.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What he is saying is that since homosexuals were regular persectuted through out history they would pretend to be heterosexual and would probably also have families with the opposite gender to stay safe even though they like their own gender. Since scientists discovered a gay gene this allowed it to be passed down through generations. Now since being a homosexual is getting to be more accepted homosexuals would not hide it as often. This means that the gay gene would not get passed down as often. Eventually this would lead to a complete or an almost complete annihalation of the gay gene because in theory after they stop hiding it the only way it could continue is if it is also in bi-sexual people. Since the bi-sexual people might have a different gene a bi gene instead of a gay gene there is a good chance of regualr homosexuals going extinct.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
It is now common knowledge that there is a Gay Gene.

This quote is from your own source;

Most scientists agree that it is unlikely that there is a single "gay gene" that determines something as complex as sexual orientation, and that it is more likely to be the result of a number of biological factors.

Also look here, here, and here

It is also known that Homosexuality has been around for centuries, but has been despised to the extent that if one were to admit themselves in public, they would be killed, so most stayed silent.

Partially not true. Homosexuality was accepted and/or ignored in many ancient cultures. See here and here

Well if it is now O.K. to be gay, then those who are, will openly admit it.

Homosexuality is more accepted, but I don't think it is considered "O.K.". There are still tremendous numbers of people living "in the closet".

But of course, the only problem with my theory is Bi-Sexuality....

Actually, the only problem with your theory is, all of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thegans: Finally! You are the only person who has understood what I have said.

The Parallelogram: Once again I am forced to tell you to read the initial post again.

if one were to admit themselves in public, they would be killed, so most stayed silent.

IE: There were no openly gay people.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

That is completely false.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Mr Penny:
The theory of the "Gay Gene" is only as false as the sources you posted.
In other words it's all under debate.
The gay gene has neither been proven nor discredited.

From your own source:

it's hard to step back to imagine a culture that encouraged same-sex bonds; one in which pederasty -- that crime disgusting to the most hardened prison veteran -- was the norm; one in which heterosexual unions at one time had to be mandated by law in order to maintain a supply of citizens

In other words, this further proves MY point. This was a a society made up of Homosexuals. Because of this, they were destined to die out, due to the lack of reproduction. When they realised this, they HAD to propergate with a seperate gender. It was enforced by law.

That is completely false.

Please. How-so?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The gay gene has neither been proven nor discredited.

Your argument is trash because you've completely changed your position in the space of 3 posts. Follow your own advice and read your entire opening post.

it's hard to step back to imagine a culture that encouraged same-sex bonds; one in which pederasty -- that crime disgusting to the most hardened prison veteran -- was the norm; one in which heterosexual unions at one time had to be mandated by law in order to maintain a supply of citizens

Your statement that there were no openly gay people is proven false by the above quote that you provided to bolster your argument. An openly homosexual society.

I'm done here.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Your argument is trash because you've completely changed your position in the space of 3 posts. Follow your own advice and read your entire opening post.

Yeah...I don't know where your going with this? How have I "changed my position"?

Your statement that there were no openly gay people is proven false by the above quote that you provided to bolster your argument. An openly homosexual society

Yes, it IS an openly homosexual society. A society that was on the verge of death because it was ENTIRELY homosexual.
Let's get something clear hear. Athough I did say it, I am not putting forth a statment saying that there were no openly homosexual people.
I am putting forward a statement that open homosexuals will not pass on their gene, and will therefore cease to exist.
MUCH like The gay greek society would have been had it not been for an intervention.

I'm done here.

Nothing you want to add?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This is of course assuming that two gay people (man and women) do not decide to have a child together. A good friend of mine is such a child. The father has a b/f, the mother a g/f, but both were good friends and wanted their own child.

Then there is the closet case that gets married, has kids, and decides at 50 or so to come out. I know plenty of those situations as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

All Homosexuals will die

All Homosexuals will die out in the next 5 to 10 generations.

Ridiculous. There have been homosexuals since the dawn of man and there will be homosexuals for as long as man exists. Your theory that they will die out because they can't propagate is absurd because straight couples give birth to gay children every day....so what are you on about?

Where have all the homosexuals come from for thousands upon thousands of years since they can't propagate?

What a yawner.....

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
um.

there have been gay people for a long, long time.

it's not like they just started popping up in the 60s.

Are you absolutely sure about this ???

I never knew that society today celebrates homosexuality as "O.k" !
A Gay gene ??
Thats nonsense! Is there a gene that makes people straight then ? Is there a gene that promotes perversion ?

So if we say lock up all gay people on an island then in 200 years they would all die out? Is that your logic ? Because if it is then..... duh!

It is sadly on the shoulders of all the straight people in this world to carry on the human race.
I wonder what god would have done had Adam been gay ?? would he have made Eve ? Would God have made some "Bob" for Adam and some "Evelyn" for Eve so that they could fully explore their orientations??

I wonder what would happen if the only last two people on this planet (Man and Woman) are both gay ? We cant expect them to further the race can we, that would be discriminatory and totaly not PC.

This thread is under the "RAnt" section isnt it ?????

[edit on 10-6-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Why don't you read the whole post?

It is also known that Homosexuality has been around for centuries,

Keyword: CENTURIES.

What have the 60's got to do with anything?

Centuries? Try forever. Homosexuality exists in Animals as well...

IAF101,
The earliest known(that I know of, not known in general) example of Homosexuality in Humans is in the Classical Greek era, thus where all the crude Greek jokes come from.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Your theory is flawed. Homosexuls are born from straight parents, plus its most likely not a gene in my opinion. I personally think its some hormonal "glitch" at birth, something that can't be helped.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Kacen]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Thegans: Finally! You are the only person who has understood what I have said.

The Parallelogram: Once again I am forced to tell you to read the initial post again.

if one were to admit themselves in public, they would be killed, so most stayed silent.

here.

"Homosexuality... is regarded as shameful by barbarians and by those who live under despotic governments just as philosophy is regarded as shameful by them, because it is apparently not in the interest of such rulers to have great ideas engendered in their subjects, or powerful friendships or passionate love-all of which homosexuality is particularly apt to produce."

know who said that?

it was Plato.

homosexuality was very prevalent in ancient Greece.

wanna argue with the Philosopher King, now?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
"All Homosexuals will die"

So will all straight people

Sorry couldn't resist hehe

<<   2 >>

join