It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former climate change skeptic speaks out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here is a link to this article, currently included as a free item in the Scientific American web site:

www.scientificamerican.com...

This scientist was finally persuaded of the reality of climate change by one of Al Gore's more recent in-person presentations.

His frustration with some of the environmental movement's dysfunctional contributions to the "spin" on climate change certainly has the ring of truth however.

"An Inconvenient Truth" (movie and book of same title) by Al Gore documents the uncanny resemblance between the current disinformation campaigns by ExxonMobil et. al. and the documented spin campaigns of the tobacco industry following the U.S. Surgeon General's report on health problems of tobacco users in 1964: The goal was not to deny the problem, the disinformation goal was to cast doubt.

Further information on "An Inconvenient Truth" plus news updates, carbon calculators, etc., is available online at:

www.climatecrisis.net...

The book should now be available at public and college libraries as well as in bookstores. I just saw the paperback book edition on sale ($21.95) at Barnes & Noble, in a standalone case by the cash registers.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
At least I now know where I can see this movie, I want to go see it.
It's really good to see someone with such a high profile as Al Gore's to hammer this problem into people's minds.
I think I am beginning to like Al, the man 'who used to be the next president of the United States of America'
I love that line!

new topics

join