It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Some Bush Supporters Have Some Sort Of Psychologic Problem?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killuminati
I talk to a lot of Bush supporters, and one thing is utterly clear in the majority of them. They see only what they want to believe

Allow me to demonstrate

Iraq War is stopping terrorism
Bush is for protecting mankind
Iraq War was started on concrete evidence
Bush is a great president
Bush protects the environment
The world loves Bush
Post War Iraq is going great
Bush is doing a great job with the economy
........it goes on & on

Obviously none of this is true, yet they believe it. They even do this with FACTS, and change them around to adapt to their thinking.

Is there a psychological term for this? And does anybody else notice this?

Yes. I believe they do have psychological problems. They all seem about as delusional as he is, if not much more.

The Cost of Rebuilding Iraq

Here are some of the things we're spending money on, and some additional things Bush would like to spend money on, in Iraq and Afghanistan, and some comparisons to what we're spending in the U.S.

Health Care

In Iraq, we are spending $850 billion to build hospitals, health clinics and fill them with medical equipment. $150 million of that is for a new children�s hospital. Meanwhile, half of Iraq�s population will receive basic health care.

In America, 5.8% more of the population is uninsured � for a total of nearly 44 million Americans. Hospital emergency rooms are closing their doors to them, while insurance premiums are skyrocketing beyond what businesses can afford for their workers.

Electricity

In Iraq, we are spending $5.6 billion to completely rebuild the electricity infrastructure

But in America, there�s not one single dollar in the Energy bill to protect our cities from another blackout

Housing

In Iraq, we�re going to spend $100 million for 7 new housing communities

In America, there�s only room in the budget for 5,000 new low-income housing units. In my district, bungalows are crumbling and third-generation families are losing their homes.

Water

In Iraq, we�re spending nearly 5 billion to repair irrigation systems, wetlands and restore safe drinking water. We have already rebuilt the Port of Umm Qasar and opened it to commercial traffic.

But in America, Army Corps of Engineer projects are frozen, and we�re not devoting a single dollar to protecting the future of the Great Lakes, which provides safe drinking water to 28 million Americans.

Witness Protection

In Iraq, we�re spending $100 million to protect witnesses and their families who testify against corrupt government officials.

In America, we spent only $28 million on witness protection. The State of California � with 15 million more residents than Iraq � spent only $3 million a year on its witness protection program.

And here are a few proposed items:

$20 million to finance 200 election experts for 6 months

$10 million to build four industrial parks and 50 crop-and-livestock markets

$9 million on Iraq�s tax collection

$8 million for an Afghan Highway Patrol

$3 million to meet the government's payroll through next June and $30 million to protect President Hamid Karzai in Afghanistan

Here are the results of Bush�s economic plan since 2001:

3.1 million more Americans are without work
2.4 million more Americans are uninsured
4 million more Americans have fallen from the middle class into poverty and
Nearly $1 trillion in assets have been foreclosed on

www.house.gov...

Anyone care to add these numbers up?

Bush's economic plan

3.1 million more Americans are without work.
2.4 million more Americans are uninsured.
4 million more Americans have fallen from the middle class into poverty and.
Nearly $1 trillion in assets have been foreclosed on.

And add what we've accomplished in our war on terrorism, and regime change,

90% of Afghanistan is not under the control of the new government.
We haven't caught bin Laden.
We haven't found any weapons of mass destruction.
We don't have Saddam Hussein.
Americans continue to be killed in Iraq almost every day.
We've already spent hundreds of billions of dollars on these wars, the total cost is projected by many to exceed a trillion dollars, and we've accomplished absolutely nothing, except for having awarded several very lucrative contracts to friends of the administration.

Would you really re-elect this guy?

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
They are symply Borg they have been assimilated.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by m0rbid

Originally posted by Ocelot
I cant wait for colonel to get in on this thread.

It wasn't as entertaining as I thought it would be. Maybe he's getting old.

Waitamint. Am I here to entertain you? Am I here to amuse you. If you want somebody to do a shuffle and jig dance for you go ask Tyrrific.

Its goodfellas all over again
. Im just kidding colonel.No offence intended.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Quote-"Post War Iraq is going great"

I would say its going well, the public news groups never talk about the good stuff that is happening over there because it doesn't sell or raise the ratings, the bad stuff does though. I know that good stuff is happening over there, I'm in the military and know from other members that it is turning for the better.

[Edited on 10-27-2003 by Cearbhall]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkwraith
Yes, Bush supporters have serious psychological defects.

The main problem is they are like Bush in the regard that they think they can bomb innocent nations back to the stone-age for no good reason.

They are ruthless and cruel mostly because their
father(s) were mean to them.

harsh....but might be true

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Would you really re-elect this guy?

lol...it seems a ludacrous way of going about matters....did any1 actually vote for him?? or did another 50m$ from bush ranch go the whitehouse's direction

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here's something for all to view. Check out this link and play it.

artarin

www.guerrillanews.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

The main problem is they are like Bush in the regard that they think they can bomb innocent nations back to the stone-age for no good reason.

What do you mean might ?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I talk to a lot of Bush supporters, and one thing is utterly clear in the majority of them. They see only what they want to believe

Allow me to demonstrate

The world loves Bush
........it goes on & on

Obviously none of this is true, yet they believe it. They even do this with FACTS, and change them around to adapt to their thinking.

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by Killuminati]

i am really sorry to tell you byt all the FACTS you listed are true. it is your demoncrats that are destroying US. for example look at Gary Davis in California he almost put california on its knees. that good we got rid of him.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
All i know is that Bush has some psycological problems.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Left or Right, it never matters which party wins because the citizens always lose. *Both* parties are "repugnant" (to coin a phrase) to me.

Vote for the person who will perform the job for the country, not perform the job for themselves & their own clique of "old money families". That's where all of the "Party-Voting" citizens have screwed up everything just as much as the Parties themselves; They vote by party because they refuse to think for themselves. Left or Right doesn't matter...*Both* sides have too many "non-thinkers" that just take the easy route instead of exercising their brains, their Rights & their Liberties. By not exercising those three basic things, they're atrophing those qualities for *all* of us, not just themselves.

The only viable candidates I see are *none* of the candidates...I vote "No Confidence" because I literally have no confidence in *anybody* that has been put up for elections. It's been this way since I *started* voting over 20 years ago & I've seen no indications of candidates worthy enough to change my vote yet.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
Left or Right, it never matters which party wins because the citizens always lose. *Both* parties are "repugnant" (to coin a phrase) to me.

Vote for the person who will perform the job for the country, not perform the job for themselves & their own clique of "old money families". That's where all of the "Party-Voting" citizens have screwed up everything just as much as the Parties themselves; They vote by party because they refuse to think for themselves. Left or Right doesn't matter...*Both* sides have too many "non-thinkers" that just take the easy route instead of exercising their brains, their Rights & their Liberties. By not exercising those three basic things, they're atrophing those qualities for *all* of us, not just themselves.

The only viable candidates I see are *none* of the candidates...I vote "No Confidence" because I literally have no confidence in *anybody* that has been put up for elections. It's been this way since I *started* voting over 20 years ago & I've seen no indications of candidates worthy enough to change my vote yet.

thats why i vote right cause they are the closest to what I want.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

What do you mean might ?

might as in..."could be"
their fathers being mean to them, im sorry but that just sounds a little far fetched, as for the rest of it, that's flawless

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
i would say it's called being a psychopath, no control over themselves, dunno right from wrong obviously, it's not ignorance, because they would ahve to be aware or if to ignore it, thus it is a lack of knowledge, or they could be souless organic dimensional portals

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Allow me to demonstrate

The world loves Bush
........it goes on & on

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by Killuminati]

Yes! I have a high school buddy who Sadly has this problem. As for a term for this I have few canadate ranging from the mild to the sever:

1. Fanticy preception disorder
2. Dillusional Disorder
3. The Lemming Effect

Tim

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
thats why i vote right cause they are the closest to what I want.

...So you vote for what *you* want, not what the Nation *needs*, huh?...That seems to be a common problem...Grabbing what is *wanted* rather than what is *needed*. What's the word for that?...Oh yes! GREED!

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Thank you for the responses. I myself, have been doing a little research on this issue, and stumbled upon the term Authoritarian Personality. Probably some of you are fimilar with the term, but for those who are not heres a little excerpt from a psychology book that I have been reading

" The authoritarian personality is considered so valid a personality type that it has been incorporated into (literally) thousands of research studies ever since.

Adorono was himself German-born. Witnessing the takeover by the Nazi regime, he emigrated to the United States in 1934. After World War II, Adorno organized a research team at Berkeley, California, to investigate whether Americans could become as fanatic and Fascisitc as the Germans and Italians under the regimes of Hitler and Mussolini.

Their research findings were shocking even to the investigators. What they discovered was that even in a prevailing democratic climate, a large percentage of people can be described as "highly authoritarian." Highly Authoritarian subjects were defined as follows

* They blindly follow authority without question

* They have a lack of positive self esteem. In fact, they tend to feel vulnerable with some measure of security and self esteem.

*While they are dominant and authoritarian and expect obdience from their children and employees, they are nevertheless very sumbmissive to those who are superior in authority.

*They have a strong tendency to agree emphatically with statements such as "Obdience and respect for authority are the most important virtues children should learn" and "Most of our social problems would be solved if we could somehow get rid of immoral, crooked, and feebleminded people," and "People can be divided into two distinct classes: the weak and the strong"

*They are harshly judgmental about others, particulary minority groups. They tend to view, racial, ethnic, religous, and other minorities as "enemies of democracy". By contrast, They are willing to accept all all ethnic groups in the "White Anglo-Saxon Protestant" dominant population as equal

* Their thoughts are very dogmatic, stereotypic, and exemplify rigid either/or thinking

Dogma refers to a set of beliefs held to be true and absolute without evidence or proof. Dogmatic individuals not only subscribe to prescribed beliefs, they often behave in "arrogant" fashion towards those who believe otherwise. In our personal lives, we all know dogmatic people who are absolutely convinced that what they believe is right and that other people are wrong. They do not like to listen to others who have a diffrent opinion, particulary if opinion comes from a minority group they dislike or from a person younger than themselves.

Not only are they dogmatic, they also fell prey to stereotypic thinking and all-or-nothing thinking. Stereotypes are the cultural assumptions that people who belong to a certain group all share the same personality chareacteristics.

There also seems to be a positive correlation bewteen authoritarianism and education.One social scientist identified the authoritarian thinking style (dogamatic, stereotypic, rigid thinking) as more prevelant among those who come from lower educational levels. We become more open-minded and democratic in our thinking as we become more and more educated. "

------------------------------

This couldn't be more true in regards to some Bush supporters.

What our your opinions on this?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yeah, what he said...

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
republicans are the reason this country is falling apart

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join