It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What annoys you most about being left-handed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
My number 1 annoyance is having to switch the mouse around to my left hand, which is the one I prefer, and even with the buttons reversed I manage it effectively. I guess it's cuz I'm in a office most of the day. Bleh...

I'm sure there's other ones, but I'll have to come up with those later.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The most annoying?
Have to learn to do thing with my right hand. I grew up in a small town no left handed desks or scissors in schools. I also had grandparents that thought I was evil because I am left handed. They were (dead now) really religous. Weird huh? Those are some of the difficulties I've encountered.
Remeber lefties are 2 steps closer to 1st base and the only people in their right minds.
peace

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm actually such a person who can do almost anything I can do equally as well with both hands. Hammering, writing things like that are easy for me.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I've learnt to cope with the mouse unless I'm gaming, then I have to use my left hand for mouse control, which means changing all the keys!!!!
Shaking hands too can sometimes be a bit awkward!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
How about a split of the two?

I shoot a pistol right-handed.
I shoot a rifle left-handed.

I hit a baseball right-handed.
I throw a baseball left-handed.

I kick a ball left-footed.

I am left-eye dominant.

I write right-handed.

I cannot cross actions like someone said above. I cannot throw a ball with my right hand near as well as with my left. I cannot write legibly with my left hand at all.

JDub

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'd say smudging the ink with my hand when I write is up there.

The most annoying thing about it is that I am so completely dependent on my left hand I've rendered my right hand useless. When I do try using my right hand for something like holding a bag or a cigarette, without fail I always drop it. Very annoying when I'm using one hand for something and the other for something else.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I am not left handed personally but I knew a left handed person a long time ago. In the school I went to biros were not allowed for some reason (you know the cheap pens that make vallys in your page when you write :bnghd:

Anyway, so because of this everyone in that school used fountain pens, or another kind which I can’t remember what it is called, but the funny thing was, rather than not use the fountain pen at all and use the other kind he decided to morph his hand so as the ink wouldn’t smudge. It looked painful to me but he said it was fine.
I don’t know, I think it’s funny anyway

[edit on 12-6-2006 by funny_pom]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Smudging ink was always bad, but luckily I can't smudge electronic typing (even though it looks that way sometimes
).

The other bad ones are tin openers and guitars. I've learned to use both with my right (because trying to use "left handed" things was even more frustrating), as with most things, but it's still a bit taxing. I think the only thing my right hand can't do is draw or write, but that doesn't affect my life in any way, so I'm quite happy to be a "lefty"

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm not left handed, but I have two brothers who are.
The number one thing that annoys them (and me) is having to sit to the right of a right handed person at a crowded dinner table!
Man, we've dropped so many forks over the years

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What annoys me about being left-handed is that I am now right handed. I was born left handed, but forced by paranoid old bag teachers to write with my right, and thus, my handwriting sucks. I also tend to be a bit clumsy, and im torn between two hands to use.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf, that sucks! But my husband is a leftie and his handwriting sucks, too, so...

Anyway scissors!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Smudging, having to twist the paper at 180 degree angles, getting weird looks from ppl when I do it, always turning the wrong way in any given situation, useless can openers and scissors that never work.

Other than that, I love being left-handed.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
another vote against scissors!
and yes table seating, esp. in restaurants.

Thats about it.
I think that most of us lefties have become ambidextrous, just to survive in the regular
dextrous world.

The old wall mounted pencil sharpeners were a pain too..

[edit on 13-6-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I must admit to learning to eat either left or right handed, its a pain, but its a lot easier in a restaurant . I was also forced to write with my right hand for a short while by a teacher at school, who I hated!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hardest thing for me is eating with just a fork and no knife. I never know which hand to hold it in so I end up swapping it from one to the other.

I'm a strange mix of left/right though -

write with my left
brush teeth with my left
put make up on with my left

sew with my right
use knives (I'm a chef) with my right
use mouse with my right

I remember when I was 5 my mother pulling her hair out trying to teach me to knit because she was a righthander. In the end I learned to do it righthanded.

Also when I learnt to write, I wrote from right to left across the page - drove my teacher nuts - anyone else do that?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The word sinister comes from the Latin for left. (dexter is right, which of course is the source for the English word dexterity.)

Does that mean all left-handed people are sinister?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
muahahahaha!
no...not sinister at all.

But this thing about cigarettes..you have the regular kind..and the "left handed" kind.
Sinister cigarettes..illegal in most places..

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pink_Cola
I'd say smudging the ink with my hand when I write is up there

co-sign

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Nothing. I just bask in the glow of knowing I am special...

The corruption of 'sinister' meaning 'left' to meaning 'evil' is just one of many attempts by the handicapped right-hand-dominated population to feel equal to us.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
the worst thing?

not knowing if my "tool" would hang the other way, if I would have used my right hand all these years..

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sorry guys, I couldn't resist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join