It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Arizona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Greetings! I'm new. i found this site while browsing the net late at night while on a Mountain Dew sugar high. Looks like an interesting place. I'm a history student and I read pretty much everything I can find on the Knights Templars and the Crusades, becuause I'm just that boring of a person lol. I noticed some threads on them, so i'll have to jump down there and check em out

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted by Red Dawn
Greetings! I'm new. I I'm a history student and I read pretty much everything I can find on the Knights Templars and the Crusades. I noticed some threads on them, so I’ll have to jump down there and check em out
[Edited by Don W]

Welcome!

I’m in Jax. It’s hot here, going to 98 deg F. Today, so they say. It made it to 97 yesterday, so maybe they’re right. But, what the hey? It’s summer time.

Were the Knights Templar also called the Knights Hospitalers? Is there any connection to the Knights of Malta?

[edit on 6/10/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hi! I ahve the pleasure of living in the mountains at an elevation of 7,000 ft, so it doesn't get much above 80 or 90 degrees here. but when I venture on down to Phoenix it's easily 110 degrees, and i feel like I'm going to melt. But heck, like ya said, it's summer!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Red Dawn!

I hope that you enjoy your stay here.

Need help with the site? Find it here. ---->ATS help files

------------------------------------------

Don't forget to have fun while you're here.
Check out some of these forums on BelowTopSecret

General Chit Chat

Chit Chat Subjects

Travel
Jokes, Puns & Pranks
Folk Tales & Urban Legends
Food & Cooking
Relationships
People
Faith, Spirituality, & Theology
Health & Wellness
Rant
Members
Dreams & Personal Predictions

Arts & Entertainment

General Entertainment Discussion
Video Games
Television
Movies
Music
Comics
Fantasy & Science Fiction
Literature
Member Art

Computers & Internet

Computer Help
Website Design
Interesting Websites

Mechanic 32.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Dawn

... it doesn't get much above 80 or 90 degrees here. but when I venture on down to Phoenix it's easily 110 degrees, and i feel like I'm going to melt.

sounds like Payson,
nice place

it also sounds like you might blend the melodramatic & romantic with your History focus......Templars & Crusades and all

have a nice time,
have a rewarding time

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Glad you could find us here at the great ATS, enjoy your long stay!
All The Secrets

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
testtesttesttestttesttestttesttest

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Hi there Red Dawn

Just browsing the post and saw that you are finding information on Knights Templar. I go to Keele University in Staffordshire, England and the main Keele hall on our campus was given tot he Knights Templars by Henry II if im not mistaken. Just a quick message to say if you would like any information then I would gladly oblige to try for you.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted by a_buck_fifty

“ . . on Knights Templar. I go to Keele University in Staffordshire, England. The main Keele Hall on our campus was given to the Knights Templars by Henry II. Just a quick message to say if you would like any information then I would gladly oblige to try for you.
[Edited by Don W]

I majored in history when in college. Frankly, so much has been learned in all branches of history since the1960s that most of what I learned then has been altered, modified, or replaced. And a lot of things have been discovered that were not even suspected then. I have studied the Crusades, in which era I believe the Knights Templar were founded.

Today, over here, we are all watching or talking about the recent movie, “The De Vinci Code” based on the book of the same name by Dan Brown. Although I have great interest in Leonard de Vinci and his many works, as well as in religion from a historical perspective, I have neither read his book nor seen the movie. I am not a “know nothing” person - a 19th century American political party named the American Party but better known by this intentionally uncomplimentary name furnished by its critics, but I have read scholarly works on the topics and have little interest in popular histography. [My word, don’t look it up. I mean this book does not rise to the level of historical fiction.]

I regard myself as a descendant of Englishmen, so I guess I’m unabashedly an Anglophile. As a Protestant, Henry VIII remains one of my heroes of English history, second only to his daughter, the first Queen Elizabeth. I’ll be back to you later.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sorry I dont really know what u were getting at white but I was just saying I could get information if you were lacking. I myself do not know much about the knights templar but our uni is full of information including the secret escape tunnels that were made to keele hall which we have found on a few drunken nights out

new topics

top topics

join