It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexuality and reincarnation-we are all bisexual!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
sexuality and reincarnation...

This is my theory on the whole sexuality thing, this also concerns homophobia...

It goes like this...

Humans are scared of death right? I mean REALLY REALLY scared yes?
So we all like to believe in a life after death of some sort, many will not admit it but when it comes down to it, when your life is threatened, we all send up a little prayer don't we?
So if we believe, however vaguely, in an afterlife then we could naturally assume that reincarnation would be a natural progression, after all, who among us can genuinely say that we learned everything we needed to know in one lifetime? Few, i should imagine.

Now, if there is reincarnation, are we really saying that we come back every time into the same sex body? or even the same species? (that's another thread i'm sure). That wouldn't make any sense at all.
This could only mean that the 'soul' has to be asexual or indeed bisexual, ie. having elements of both sexes, it is this conclusion, however unconciously it is aknowledged, that scares the bejesus out of you average straight man.

The fact of the matter is, we are all born asexual, statistics on the sexuality of youngsters bears this out, i can remember a time when i found niether men nor women attractive sexually, i am sure that most of you can too.
It is also a fact that most people have homosexual fantasies at one time or another...

"A larger number of adults reported having had an isolated homosexual experience. And most people said they had had an occasional homosexual fantasy."

www.davidmyers.org...

Society conditions us to be afraid of the unknown, to fear that which is different or not understood, sometimes this is a good thing, it can keep us safe from harm.
But what happens when we suspect that we are in fact different ourselves, that we may belong to a sexuality that is little understood?
Well, we are afraid of it aren't we? And what do we do to things that we are afraid of? we either ignore it, direct hate towards it, or try to destroy it.
But what to do if you are afraid of yourself? You can't go around ignoring yourself for very long, after all you have to live with yourself don't you? Can you destroy yourself? Well sure you can, and i suspect that lots of people have comitted suicide because they saw inside themselves and did not like what they found (social conditioning again)
So maybe you can direct hate toward yourself but that is all too much hard work for most people.
No, the easiest thing to do is to take all that hate and destructive feeling and direct it toward whatever target seems fit for the purpose, this applies equally to many things but in this particular case it is the entire non heterosexual population of the world, which is by my reckoning about 6.5 billion people!

In essence we are all bisexual, it's just that some of us lean one way or the other while others shoot straight down the middle (no pun intended, honestly!).

BTW, I am a heterosexual male and i am not afraid to admit that i have had homosexual fantasies at various points in my life, and even one brief encounter, the upshot of it is that i prefer women, they are vastly more attractive than your average bloke!!!

Anyway, this is my humble opinion, none of which i can prove until i die and come back to set the world straight!

Oh dear, running out of characters now, time to stop babbling. I do hope this has been thought provoking, it's a theory that i tell to anyone i can, i have even 'cured' the odd homophobe with it!

Q

This was originally posted to another thread but i decided to make it the subject of a fresh thread, the other thread can be found here...
www.belowtopsecret.com...'

Regards,
Q

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/10/2006 by Majic]

[edit on 10-6-2006 by THEQUANTUMSHAMAN]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
www.exposingsatanism.org...
I will not respond to insane stuff like this, your view of manhood is perverted and wrong. But I have no anger toward your views, I just don't buy your lies, try it on someone else.

Mod Edit: When quoting there is no need to copy-paste the post you wish to reference in its entirety, especially when it is the preceding post.

Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2006-6-10 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
You haven't caught that gay car thread thats going around have you?

So if we're all bisexual does that make us evolved or just horny and greedy?

I for one am very comfortable admiting when i think a man is attractive, as for fantasies I am sorry to say that I have not had any.

Don't get me wrong that Matt Damon looks like a cuddler and who doesn't like to spoon huh fellas, but when I think about men the reaction is not the same when I think about women like oh say Carmen Electra...oh yep there we go.

I'm open to reincarnation but I do believe that if I was a woman in my last life that doesn't neccesarily make me open to bisexuality in this one. If I was a lesbian in my last life that would explain a lot but would deepen the mystery of my crappy golf game.

And what about the people who believe they were a cow or rabbit in their past life?

I don't mean to hack on your beliefs, for me I think whatever makes you happy, hey go with it but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the possiblity that in my past life I was rodney the bisexual squirrel and that somehow has now crossed over into my new life.

But it would explain all the nuts!

Spiderj

edit to add: if the soul is asexual wouldn't it just imprint on the sex you are at that time, I would think it must go through some form of dry cleaning or martinizing while waiting to re-coalesce on the material plain or we'd remember everything.

[edit on 6/10/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
SpiderJ,

Yes i did indeed catch the gay car conspiracy post, it was that which spurred me to start a new thread on this (my first incidentally).

A lesbian squirrel in a former life eh? Is that off the top of your head or is this something you suspect?

I totally get where you are coming from (a tall oak tree maybe), and i wont argue the point 'cos as i say, it's just a working theory.

I have BTW voted you way above for making me almost fall off my chair while reading the auto-homo-conspiracy thread

Ivan,

Hinduism is a satanic cult? WTF?
Tell me Ivan, are you a christian? because i don't beleive there is anything in the old testament that states that all non-christians must be devil worshippers, correct me if i'm wrong of course (chapter and verse numbers would suffice, a quote might help too!). In fact the only thing i can think of off hand would be the not worshipping 'false idols', how do you know that the many gods of hinduism are not simply facets of 'the one true god'?

My partner Lisa (yes she is a woman, and so is my other partner too, does that make me a devil worshipper because i am polygamous?) has a saying...

"We are all climbing the same spiritual mountain, and boy are we in for a shock when we all get to the top and find the same god"

I may have to start another thread soon on why 'i'm god and so's my cat', i'm sure you would love to participate in that one, keep 'em peeled!

To the mod,

My apologies for breaking ATS protocol, as you may or may not know, i have been a member here for over a year now but i have only just started to post so i still finding my feet somewhat. To clarify, no capitalising the first letter of each word, i will remember for the future.

Regards,
Q

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Q, I think in this plane of existence sexuality is a continuum upon which we all fall at some point upon birth. I am not one of the "most people have homosexual fantasies at one time or another...", if I got anymore heterosexual I'ld fall off the continuum. Now, upon a reincarnation, I could fall somewhere else on the continuum. I don't think a currant Life's sexuality is a product of a past Life.
Thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
lmao

well thanks for the long winded theory...

Can I add you to my fav's cos I get insomnia from time to time and you might actually help me ? *hugs/joke/soh.....

I had to laugh big fat time cos it occurred to me that at the very beginning I was a single cell amoeba and now I am actually having sex with myself...so nothing has changed!!!

rotflmao

na we r all Tasmanians...*cough...sorry *slaps self...no! we are all interbred from Adam and Eve, um na maybe it was Adam & Lilith?? Thank goodness he had a few wives cos just gives us a bit more to go with....I am pretty sure it wasnt Eve & Lilith...

ho hum

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEQUANTUMSHAMAN
sexuality and reincarnation...
This is my theory on the whole sexuality thing, this also concerns homophobia...
The fact of the matter is, we are all born asexual, statistics on the sexuality of youngsters bears this out, i can remember a time when i found niether men nor women attractive sexually, i am sure that most of you can too.

WRONG !!!! hehe =)
We are sexual from the moment the sperm joins and is interfused with the egg. Why? Because of the presence of an X or Y chromosome. The same can be said of any organism that uses sperm and eggs to reproduce, including plants (although they have both sperm (pollen) and egg (seed) producing organs from the same body.

G.Houtchens
7th grade science teacher

The rest is thoughtful conjecture and I won't comment about it- interesting though.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Houtchens]

Mod Edit: Fixed quote tags.

[edit on 2006-6-10 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
[OFF TOPIC]

na we r all Tasmanians...*cough...sorry *slaps self...no! we are all interbred from Adam and Eve, um na maybe it was Adam & Lilith?? Thank goodness he had a few wives cos just gives us a bit more to go with....I am pretty sure it wasnt Eve & Lilith...

If you want to take the Bible literally, Adam had a total of 5 wives. But he wasn't the 1st or only man, There were other tribes around...So we ARE NOT All related to Adam.
BUT: (once again, if you want to take the bible literally) We ARE all related to Noah.

[/OFF TOPIC]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
sexuality n.
1. The condition of being characterized and distinguished by sex.
2. Concern with or interest in sexual activity.

Houtchens, I think Q was referring to the second definition. Yes, our sex is determined by X & Y.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivanterrible

I will not respond to insane stuff like this,

But you did anyway.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

A lesbian squirrel in a former life eh? Is that off the top of your head or is this something you suspect?

Don't mean to be a stickler but it was actually Rodney the bisexual squirrel thanyouverymuch And naw I was just riffing.

I've had people tell me things that I may or may not have been in a past life that I"m not sure if I believe or not but so far I haven't ventured into the animal kingdom...evidently.

I have BTW voted you way above for making me almost fall off my chair while reading the auto-homo-conspiracy thread

That's a very pleasant suprise, thank you very much always nice to feel appreciated...in a manly fashion of course, don't want to incur Ivans wraith.

And speaking of Ivan...Hi! how are you? Feeling okay there kitten. You seem very angry to me. I think you need a hug. You're new and perhaps haven't been properly welcomed to the forums.

How many other guys on the board would like to join me in giving Ivantheterrible a nice long manly group hug.

Join in when you can the hug will continue until further notice. Hindus and satanists welcome as long as you don't tell Ivan you are one. Hindusatanists should probably just stay away for now.

Ivan, just wanted to ask how much thought have you put into these very passionate ideas you've been expressing.

Has it ever ocurred to you that the actual plot of the NWO is to fill certain people with such fear and anger that they become not only a danger to themselves but others as well? If the purpose of the NWO is to control the population the best way to do that is to introduce fear through high anxiety and paranoia inducing paradigms in certain susceptable individuals.

They call them batch consignments and they are targeted specifically with disinformation as a sort of virus in intellectual form.

A board such as this which is almost a self sustaining meme; a new way of thinking, and expressing views is occasionally hit by such virus's. Poor unsuspecting people sent out by the NWO to wreak havoc on those who in the end would like nothing more than to help people like you not be so afraid.

Acually I have no idea if that's true or not was just trying to show you another way of looking at the situation. And of course it's easy to see from the above example (hopefully) how easily ones imagination can get out of control when dealing in the high strangeness world of conspiracies.

Also I got to throw out useless buzz words like "meme", "paradigm" and "batch consignment" which is always fun.

Though I drive a PT cruiser and even I'd admit that's a pretty gay car, so you may not want to listen to me.

Hugs buddy big hugs.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
im bi-sexsual..if i cant get sex..i buy it...

lol..nah..i dont..pickle never charges me.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
THEQUANTUMSHAMAN, interesting thoughts. Wierd but intersting.
You know there was this guy called Freud who also talked a lot about the "forbidden" maybe a quick read ??

The basic premise you make is that people actually fear death. They dont fear death they fear pain or loss of some possesion or comfort. If there was a way to die just by snapping your fingers painlessly many people would have done it already.
Another premise is reincarnation. Yeah it might be a cool possibility but what happens is this, once you die, your corpse rots and slowly people forget about you!

The whole justification of homosexuality is novel I will admit but how will this theory of yours accomodate this new thing called "Asexuality"? Are these people really connecting with their souls ???
www.asexuality.org...

As they say; Its all in the MIND.

We are Humans and our mind is that last frontier for discovery, its going to take more than theories to even scratch its surface!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I may have to start another thread soon on why 'i'm god and so's my cat', i'm sure you would love to participate in that one, keep 'em peeled!

Blast. I was thinking along similar lines.

Go on. Start it. I can't wait to see the responses you get.

If you don't start one soon, I will.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well, i must say this has got a little more response overnight than i was expecting, not bad for my first ever post, keep 'em coming.
Oh, and feel free to tag my thread everyone

desert, sorry for taking so long to reply, that annoying sleep thing. Anyway, sexuality is a continuum? could you expand on that one at all? It is on topic enough for me (my thread so i get to choose (ish)).
Do you mean that sexuality is sort of an evolutionary process, that we start off with a sort of base line and then gradually evolve toward a more enlightened state? Or that it's just more of a 'pot luck' sort of thing, sticking a pin in a map, so to speak?

If it's an evolutionary sort of thing, wouldn't that argue for a concious choice of sorts 'before conception' while your floating around in the ether 'between lives'?
Would explain the internal struggle that some feel about sexuality, the concious (but now unconcious) decided sexuality fighting against our genetic predispositions and social constructions, hmm, will have to mull that one over i think.

NJE777, Yes, feel free to add whatever you want to your favourites, i am something of an insomniac myself, at the moment i have no discernable sleeping pattern at all! I have only started posting the last couple of days so i'm not sure i have enough material yet to either a:keep you amused or b:put you to sleep with boredom!!

I used to have a cat called lillith, wasn't she the first vampire? I didn't name her (not lillith, my cat).
Strikes me that there is some similary between the words organism and orgasm, will have to get on to the etymology site, are we allowed to go off at slightly related tangents to a thread?:gomods
bit of arse kissing never goes amiss)
Arse kissing, now that's on topic surely?

Houtchens, As desert rightly says a few posts down, i was referring to sexuality, not biological sex. Haven't i heard somewhere though that the sex of a feotus does not become apparent until some time itno it's development? And, what about hermaphrodites, does that stem from a chromosome abnormality? BTW i hate the words 'abnormal' and 'unnatural', i only use tham when i must because let's face it, if it happens then it's natural and normal, just different from what we have known before, everything that happens in the whole universe is a natural process IMO

Gear, Yes, i've been reading the 'book of adam' recently, quite entertaining really, the 'book of judas' is next on my list. This is what bugs me about the church telling people they can't be polygamous, "but but but padre, i was only doing what adam did!", apparently i am a sinner because i have two partners, but i am frigid compared to our progenitors aren't i?

Finally, before i run out of characters and move onto a fress post...

Guy Fawkes, Yes he did respond didn't he? Hook line and sinker one might say As Spiderj rightly says, i think he just needs a nice big manly hug, maybe even a continental kiss on the cheek (face cheek, not bum cheek), if that's not too 'gay' for you ivan?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Blast. I was thinking along similar lines.

Go on. Start it. I can't wait to see the responses you get.

If you don't start one soon, I will.

Hey, feel free to start it if you want, i don't have huge amounts of time on my hands, well, no, i do actually, but i have other stuff i could/should be doing.
If you do decide to start that one u2u me and i'll come over and throw my tuppence in.

Now, where was i?

Ah yes, IAF101, IMO Freud was a sexually repressed freak with a strange eodipus complex "tell me about your mother" and all that!! I do think that, as a species, humans have a tendency to overcomplicate things that are in essence really simple. I am as guilty of this as anyone, i have given myself the odd nervous breakdown trying to overanalyse (is that a gay word ivan? it's got 'anal' in it!) things which are really better left alone!:bnghd:
As for reincarnation, well, now there's a debate for another thread i think, but just as a thought, sceince does not know where the seat of the concioussness really lies, they assume that all of the electrical energy left in the body just seeps away after death, and they are probably right, but the conscioussness isn't electrical in nature, if it was we could have mapped it by now (PET, CAT, MRE, EEG etc.), physicists now postulate that the conscioussness is quantum in nature, ie. belonging to the macro-universe, which we don't understand.
Now this is really getting off topic but you might want to look up some stuff on photonic energy, quantum physics and the shamanic tradition, with special relation to DNA and the caduceus, i wont list links because i have hundreds and wouldn't know where to start!
I find the asexuality thing quite interesting, i'll take a more thorough look later today, but yes, if the soul is asexual in nature then maybe it is that they are more in touch with thier etheric selves, interesting. Conversely, if the soul does have a specific sexuality then maybe they were born without a soul? i have heard that this is happening alot these days, hmm.

BTW, everyone please take note that whenever i throw a theory out there it does not mean i am wholeheartedly 100% believing that theory, only a theory after all!
Please take note of my sig. below, this is the only axiom that i will ever live my life by, in fact i'm not even 100% sure that i'm REALLY sitting here typing this post, oh dear, i feel an existential philosophy thread coming on!:bnghd:

Thanks for your posts everyone, especially ivan!

Q

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
First, when in my post I stated "at birth," that fit in that context. At conception, science now knows is when a person's sex is determined (X, Y combination and genetic anomalies), but we don't have a definitive answer on sexuality (genetic or hormonal or some might still add nurture). I don't know if a sex gene can totally explain it; levels of hormones introduced into fetal development at a certain stage may play a big part; I think purely nurture is ruled out.
By continuum I mean a line with complete heterosexuality at one end and complete homosexuality at the other. A person who feels equal attraction to men and women could be in the middle, let's say. Every person falls somewhere on this line. (I guess if a person is "asexual", they would not even be on this line.) This explanation sure fits my Life's observations.
My way to explain sexuality to someone (usually self-described heterosexuals), I say think of the time you first felt sexual feelings for someone of the opposite sex. Homosexuals have those very same feelings for someone of the opposite sex. A bisexual would have those feelings for both sexes.
Q, enjoy your stay at ATS!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
First, when in my post I stated "at birth," that fit in that context. At conception, science now knows is when a person's sex is determined (X, Y combination and genetic anomalies), but we don't have a definitive answer on sexuality (genetic or hormonal or some might still add nurture). I don't know if a sex gene can totally explain it; levels of hormones introduced into fetal development at a certain stage may play a big part; I think purely nurture is ruled out.
By continuum I mean a line with complete heterosexuality at one end and complete homosexuality at the other. A person who feels equal attraction to men and women could be in the middle, let's say. Every person falls somewhere on this line. (I guess if a person is "asexual", they would not even be on this line.) This explanation sure fits my Life's observations.
My way to explain sexuality to someone (usually self-described heterosexuals), I say think of the time you first felt sexual feelings for someone of the opposite sex. Homosexuals have those very same feelings for someone of the opposite sex. A bisexual would have those feelings for both sexes.
Q, enjoy your stay at ATS!

AH, i see (said the blind man), That's a good way of looking at it, in that case i may be bisexual, but as yet i haven't come across a man sufficiently attractive to warrant my attentions, oh dear, does that mean i am repressed?

I suppose in that case, many people would fall one side of the centre or another, with only a few being wholly heterosexual/homosexual, remember that "most people admit to having an occasional homosexual fantasy", implying that most people fall either side of the centre but like to keep a small extremity at least touching the fence!
Oh dear, i feel a frankie howerd mood coming on! infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me! ooerr missus!

Cheers, and yes, i fully intend to enjoy my stay.

Q

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ahh, Q, yes, you're getting the idea of the line. Now, a continuum does not necessarily divide a population evenly. I have heard that homosexuality (which I would take to mean at one end of the line) is roughly 2-6% of population. Haven't heard about bisexual %.
Continuums can be used, for example, to show where people stand on a political issue or simply how much one likes a tv show or film.
Here's another idea. A woman I know was asked by a potential mate, "do you like fishing?" She thought, sure, meaning to her it was OK. Her partner thought, "Oh, boy, I found a fishing buddy!" As it turned out, what he should have said was how MUCH do you like fishing.

Not to topic but just had to say it--You know, Q, I don't recall Jesus interrogating his potential disciples as to their sexuality. "Gay tendencies? Sorry, but you can't be with me."

Whoa, just thought of something. Wouldn't it be a hoot if the population on the sexuality continuum looked more like a bell curve!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Whoa, just thought of something. Wouldn't it be a hoot if the population on the sexuality continuum looked more like a bell curve!

LOL Yes, but if we were all mostly 'on the fence', so to speak, with so many to choose from the human race would get nothing done! Weel, we'd get some things done but nothing of much use to society! BTW Why don't we have any risque emoticons? S'ok to shoot 'n' drink and brain each other with hammers, but we can't have a sexy emoticon?

Has anyone heard anything more about the so called 'sexuality gene'?
I seem to remember hearing a few years back that sceintists had flagged the gene responsible for sexual tendencies (note i said 'tendencies' NOT 'orientation', we don't always do what our bodies tell us we should(or shouldn't!).:w:

Q

top topics

<<   2 >>

join