It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone here a Free-Mason??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
man, this is one big ass family reunion

oh im not a freemason btw

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yes I am a Freemason and proud to be one. I think a lot of people here have a difficulty in distinguishing between secret and private. Freemasonry is not a secret society, How can it be when all the "secrets" can be found on the internet or read in Libraries, our meeting places are known, members are known and if you beleive all them conspiracy theorists all the aims are known... what we do in meetings is private, nothing more. as is most committee meetings of any organisation. I read on one post that someone was thinking of infiltrating or joining just to report on here what we get up to... unfortunately thats already been by many a newspaper reporter.. mostly with nothing more to put in the paper than ridicule the regalia. I also read on a post we were anti catholic, not so, it is some catholics being anti freemasonry. various popes through the ages have denounced us for no more than having secret meetings (which they decided in a secret meeting... O the irony of it) but as a Freemason would behappy to answer questions about the Fraternity and dispel some of the myths but know well that any explanation which wasnt in keeping with the conspiracy mindset would be taken as a "well he would say that etc" but ask away anyway, you dont have to like or beleive the answer, and if I dont know I could probably find out, as my experiences are with the English constitution and not the worldwide fraternity.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I think that masons have the coolest bling bling man!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I was a Freemason for many years but dropped out (took a demit) recently due to being retired and on SS without enough money to pay my dues. My father was also a F.M., and my grandfather and most of my uncles.

The female part of Freemasonry is called O.E.S. or Order of the Eastern Star, and men can belong to it, but women cannot become a Freemason. It is a wothwhile organization that does a lot of charity work through the Shrine etc.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Pappy, what about Co-Masonry? I thought that woman can be a Freemason?
www.co-masonry.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sorry, I am not familiar with the term or concept of co-masonry. It must be relatively new.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I am a Mason (in London, England). I can reliably inform you that of the dozen or so topics here that nearly everything said or suggested is wrong! That said, I think this site is a great resource but people could perhaps not post without so much as a modicum of experience/intelligence/information on certain topics.

Ben

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozzie
Yes I am a Freemason and proud to be one. I think a lot of people here have a difficulty in distinguishing between secret and private. Freemasonry is not a secret society, How can it be when all the "secrets" can be found on the internet or read in Libraries, our meeting places are known, members are known and if you beleive all them conspiracy theorists all the aims are known... what we do in meetings is private, nothing more. as is most committee meetings of any organisation. I read on one post that someone was thinking of infiltrating or joining just to report on here what we get up to... unfortunately thats already been by many a newspaper reporter.. mostly with nothing more to put in the paper than ridicule the regalia. I also read on a post we were anti catholic, not so, it is some catholics being anti freemasonry. various popes through the ages have denounced us for no more than having secret meetings (which they decided in a secret meeting... O the irony of it) but as a Freemason would behappy to answer questions about the Fraternity and dispel some of the myths but know well that any explanation which wasnt in keeping with the conspiracy mindset would be taken as a "well he would say that etc" but ask away anyway, you dont have to like or beleive the answer, and if I dont know I could probably find out, as my experiences are with the English constitution and not the worldwide fraternity.

You said masonry wasn't secret, but private. Check this out.

"Masonry...conceals its mysteries from all except Adepts and Sages, and uses false symbols to mislead those who deserve to be misled."

-----------------Manly Hall, Lost Keys of Freemasonry, p.104-105

Sounds pretty damn secretive to me.

[Edited on 09/28/03 by jabb]

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   
You are all low level Masons. You do not know enough.
But it is good to see Freemason Defended.
Let us all enjoy this new age.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EPLURIBUSUNUM
You are all low level Masons. You do not know enough.
But it is good to see Freemason Defended.
Let us all enjoy this new age.

You must be the higher level if I'm to draw conclusions on what you've written? And what level would that be?
I was unaware that there are levels of freemasonry.
Mags

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You must be the higher level if I'm to draw conclusions on what you've written? And what level would that be?
I was unaware that there are levels of freemasonry.
Mags

There are members posting at ATS who draw conclusions about the unique teachings of higher levels of Freemasonry from the writings of archaic writers such as Albert Pike or Manly Hall. There are also members who are 33 degree Masons.

As a general (and genuine) guide:

1. Don't assume that the later degrees mean the same thing in all regions of the world. They are more readily attainable and require less devotion to learning in some constitutions.

2. Look for some websites that explain the differences between the York Rite and the Antient and Accepted Scottish Rite to see the separate and distinct (though not mutually exclusive) paths available to select Masons. Aside from those, there are opportunities for organisational advancement as well without the "higher learning."

3. When someone believes that higher "levels" keep lower "levels" in the dark on issues of substance, ask for examples. You will not see any forthcoming, and that is not because of the great mysteries purported to be in the exclusive domain of higher "levels". It's simply because the organization doesn't have to function that way.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was a mason's aprentice for a summer, but all I did was go for the coffee and snacks and haul mud up a ladder.

The only ritual I learned was to mix the bricks from different pallets.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I am not a Mason. But we are all brethrens devoted to the same cause.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EPLURIBUSUNUM
I am not a Mason. But we are all brethrens devoted to the same cause.

The good of the world, correct?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Some people(being me) are genuinely interested in learning about The finer, more positve aspects of Freemasonry. I had a good teacher some time ago, however he was a little hot headed and got his self banned. I am far more interested in a more worthy teacher. And I don't bank on websites generally for information and learning..LOL! Except of course ATS..

There are always two sides to a 'story'

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
MA,

no offense but I am still waiting for your big moment at ATS.

you know when you have something deep to say, or something that proves you know something that no-one else around here does.

but alas I wait.... and yet the credos keep goin' your way, alas why oh why is life so unfair...

anyways I have this to say,

go to Mason Central in DC and check out the new library just installed there,

in it you will find dedications to great Masonic minds of the past from the current leadership and amongst those most honored will be of course Albert Pike...

but don't take my word for it MA,

ask one of your left wing buddies.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
MA,

no offense but I am still waiting for your big moment at ATS.

No offense taken. I have lots of small positive ATS moments every day. Always happy to help inform! I am well enough qualified to say what I said earlier on this thread.

BTW, politics in left wing or right wing boxes are not matters that enter into the psyche of good Masons. The core values can be held by people no matter what their political persuasion.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
The ladies version of the Freemasons were called Ameriths(I can't seem to find any info including correct spelling on this topic).

I once made an annual for a female branch of the Masons. They called themselves the Rebekka Lodge.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I am a 32 degree Mason and belong to Aurora Lodge 193 in New Iberia Louisiana.
Any questions?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunMason
I am a 32 degree Mason and belong to Aurora Lodge 193 in New Iberia Louisiana.
Any questions?

Why are you a mason?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join