It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO helps kill Al Zarqawi- See Video!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Here is the video that shows the "UFO" where the attacks occured:

www.ogrish.com...

Mod Edit: cap title

[edit on 9-6-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
WOw, pretty cool video. I like the explosion more than the supposed UFO. Are you sure that isnt a cursor on the onboard PC of the US Aircraft? At the end of the video it seems to move with the helicopter as it moves around for a last pass

Any expert opinions?

BTW: You should change the name of your post, there is no evidence in that video that the UFO was doing anything but observing the event. Perhaps "UFO Seen during Al Zarqawi Air Strike". Just a suggestion.......

[edit on 103030p://2816 by Organic Shadow]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I don't see it.....where is the UFO...what frame?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Its a cool video, to bad no audio, and no one explaining the UFO. The USA government released that tape, so I doubt they would do so knowing a UFO is on it. The USA government knew a half a day before the american people that we killed Zarqawi, so they had a lot of time to look over that tape.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well, im not a pilot... but that thing made no sense in being there nor the way it moved.. and at the end it does move at the same speed the cam does... but what about before that? why would it move side to side, up and down the way it did while the cam was focus on the target?

We need a pilot's opinion

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think it must be a part of the laser sighting or something.

It always stays in frame.

Its still shown when the screen blacks out.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I see it now.... the little white dot moving about. Hmmmm interesting. Maybe someone will have some insight into that thing?? Has anyone check for UFO sightings during that time?? Of course I believe that the military possesses these kinds of crafts, I believe they obtained the knowledge from somewhere/something else however.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

I agree , while it does look like what you'd roughly expect a "Ball of light" to look like if filmed from a distance, it looks to be a cursor.

My guess would be that it is showing the signal strength of the Laser reflection. i.e. closer to center stronger signal , closer to the edge of screen weaker signal and also relating the direction of reflection by the position of the cursor( that would be why the cursor follows around the building as the Air Craft circles).

Just a guess , but its IMO an artifact generated on the screen and not an object being filmed on the ground near the Target.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Not to be a butt....but that website contains adult material..... just to let you know.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It looks like a UFO to me, the way it moves etc, but it cant be.

Why would the government release a video that they know they had used UFO/New technology in the attack.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
yep looks like a cursor/laser pointer of some kind, not sure the exact terminology for such devices, but it stays put with the frame, even when the frame shakes, it shakes along with it.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Latter Day
Not to be a butt....but that website contains adult material..... just to let you know.

Excellent, I'll have to check that out too!

Ahem, where were we, oh yeah, my thoughts are that if indeed it's a UFO they are either
A) helping show the way
B) simply observing and recording events
C) trying to shape history
D) I forget what D was (originally was supposed to be C)

Butt of course it could be simply an artifact of army tragectory sighting scopes.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The USAF already acknowledged that a Predator was used prior to the bombing raid.

This could be what people are seeing.

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Having just viewed the video, there's no way that the white dot is a UFO. I'll explain why:

First, it moves with the video. At times when the dot is stationary in the frame, and the aircraft that shot the video is moving, it moves across the landscape at exactly the same speed. Additionally, when the video shakes, the white dot shakes in perfect unison with the video.

Second, the video changes zoom on several occasions. The white dot is still visible as the screen blacks out for the zoom change. The white dot also never changes size, which it logically would when the zoom increased or decreased, if was an external object.

Thirdly, seeing the size of the dot as compared to the other buildings in view, that dot couldn't be any larger than a couple feet across (and likely smaller). If you look closely, before the explosion in the video, you can actually see windows in the buildings. Unless every one of those buildings has massive picture windows (at 6 feet wide or more), the dot isn't much larger than the windows. It would be assumed that if the object was indeed an external object, it would be airbourne to move as it does. In that case, it would appear smaller, when in direct comparison to the windows. The dot is roughly the same size as the windows that are visible, making it, at the most, not more than 40" wide. Even if the far-fetched assumption of them all being large picture windows is true, the craft is still no larger, at best, than roughly 6 feet.

I don't know anything of the modern aircraft targeting systems, besides what has been shown in news media, so I'm looking at this with the idea that the entirety of the on-screen display is also an unknown.

Anyone that's recently piloted a military aircraft out there that's capable of providing further info on the targeting systems/on-screen display?

To me, logically, this is less of a UFO than a Delta passenger jet approaching a major airport.

[Edit] It should also be noted that if you look at the link just above the screen captures on the site, it links to a previous article showing photos of the dead Al Zarqawi. To me, that's more newsworthy than the thought of the white dot being a UFO.

[edit on 6/10/2006 by obsidian468]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
yeah its def tech related to the laser guidance or something. a new type of tech not shown because its a new feature probably

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

That is also my assumption. The bomb was laser guided by special forces on the ground.

If not, it could be a number of things. A UFO it is definitely not.

new topics

top topics

join