It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somehow...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This doesn't make me feel any safer about flying.... and we have enough to worry about with terrorism.....

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm not too worried. If it weren't safe they wouldn't do it, especially agter 9-11.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Wow, the skies are going to be like the highways. Cram more vehicles into a smaller area.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero
Wow, the skies are going to be like the highways. Cram more vehicles into a smaller area.

yeah but, you cant make the sky another lane

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem

Originally posted by kaoszero

yeah but, you cant make the sky another lane

Good call, but dammit I can put twice as many planes in the sky by allowing them to fly half the distance apart from each other!

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Time to seek alternate means of transportation...trains..buses....bicycles.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
My car is only used to get me places where my bicycle and skateboard can't. 84 miles everyday on a bicycle would suck.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Okay folks lets look at the evidence.

This is from the same link that was posted:

IN ANNOUNCING the rule change Wednesday, the Federal Aviation Administration said it will make U.S. high-altitude airspace consistent with that over Europe, Australia, Northern Canada and most of the North Atlantic and Pacific oceans. Caribbean and South American countries will join the United States and Southern Canada in implementing the new flight-separation rules, the FAA said.
Planes will be able to fly with at least 1,000 feet between them and planes above or below them when they�re between 29,000 and 41,000 feet. Now the distance must be 2,000 feet.
�This rule offers a combination of greater aviation safety, capacity and cost efficiency,� said FAA Administrator Marion Blakey.

Does anyone have any statistics regarding # of plane crashes over Europe, Australia, Northern Canada, and the North Atlantic and Pacific oceans? The best statistic would probably be one that shows # of crashes over an extended period of time, like several years. If they are implementing this new policy because it works so well in these other areas, fine by me. But if the plane crash rate is even twice what it is now in the domestic US, it will result in long-term LOSSES for the company.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

...Does anyone have any statistics regarding # of plane crashes over Europe, Australia, Northern Canada, and the North Atlantic and Pacific oceans? The best statistic would probably be one that shows # of crashes over an extended period of time, like several years. If they are implementing this new policy because it works so well in these other areas, fine by me. But if the plane crash rate is even twice what it is now in the domestic US, it will result in long-term LOSSES for the company.

id hope that the airline companies would have looked at that. it only makes sense.

top topics

join