It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Legislature Bans Human Microchipping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
A victory for Civil Liberties was achieved last week as governor Jim Doyle signed a law making mandatory human microchip implants illegal in Wisconsin. This will prevent any government agency, or private or public employer from requiring chip implants for any individual for whatever reasons. The move should effectively remove the state as a possible market for VeriChip Corporation , as well as temporarily alleviate fears of end times from a portion of the Christian citizens of the state.

www.freemarketnews.com
Civil libertarians cheered yesterday upon news that Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle signed a law making it a crime to require an individual to be implanted with a microchip. Activists and authors Katherine Albrecht and Liz McIntyre joined the celebration, predicting this move will spell trouble for the VeriChip Corporation, maker of the VeriChip human microchip implant.

Although the company emphasizes that its chip is strictly voluntary, recent statements suggest this could easily change. VeriChip Chairman of the Board Scott Silverman has been promoting the VeriChip as a partial solution to immigration concerns, proposing it as a way to register guest workers, verify their identities as they cross the border, and "be used for enforcement purposes at the employer level." He told interviewers on the Fox News Channel that the company has "talked to many people in Washington about using it."

The company has also confirmed it has been in talks with the Pentagon about replacing military dog tags with VeriChip implants.

Wisconsin's new law was introduced as Assembly Bill 290 by Representative Marlin D. Schneider (D) and was passed unanimously by both houses of the Wisconsin State Legislature this spring. The law makes it illegal to require an individual to have a microchip implant and subjects a violator to a fine of up to $10,000 per day.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As a Christian myself, I am glad to see that something that IMO could become the equivalent of the mark of the beast has been halted. As an American citizen, I am also glad to see a state express its right to self legislation. I definitely hope all states pick up on this seeing as some companies are already requiring mandatory micro chipping. I believe we should work on a program here at ATS to educate our citizens on how to convince our own representatives to pass similar legislation.

Related News Links:
www.verichipcorp.com
www.hispanicprwire.com
www.smartmoney.com
sf.indymedia.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Defense Department wants RFID tags on everything but sand
European petition against RFID microchip :
SCI/TECH: RFID Easy to Hack?

[edit on 6/9/2006 by DYepes]

join