It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i watched a bond film the other night and was wondering how much of the technology Q branch work on is real and if it is real whether it is in use with the real life equivilent of 00 agents.

justin

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The CIA has inquired about 007 tech more then once. I remember one case with a pocket sized breathing apparatus featured in a James Bond film the CIA contacted the films makers to find out how long you could stay under water with it.

The answer was how long can you hold your breath

As far as I know there are nothing like 00 agents in real life. Spies are rather mundane in the real world most of the time. But agencies like the NSA,CIA, MI-6 and ex-KGB likely have departments alot like the Q branch

[edit on 9-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Justin,
I think your kina grasping at things that dont really exist. The real life spies job is intellegence gathering by way of recruting informants. With that comes the use of cameras and dead drops. The high tech vershen of the dead drop was recently captchered in Rushia. Very embarasing to the British.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Heres some info on real life spy tech

www.usatoday.com...

Theres alot of cool real life spy tech that James bond might be proud of. Ive seen a .22 lip-stick gun for example made by the CIA. Or a killer umbrella made by the KGB that injected you with a small ricin pellet

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i realise that most spies are incredibly boring and do absolutly nothing that james bond does. but as shadowxix said

agencies like the NSA,CIA, MI-6 and ex-KGB likely have departments alot like the Q branch

The last i heard of a q branch they were trying to invent longer lasting batteries for micro audio recorders. However these guys must develop something more intresting than this

justin

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ahh the kiss of death. that was a favirote among the female spies during the cold war. also I love your sig very good Poem

new topics

top topics

join