It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifa World Cup thread @ Sportztawk.com

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I've just started a new thread at SportzTawk for the world cup. I was so surprised that there is hardly any commentary there about it. So predictions, comments, taunts etc...
I wanna hear them.

Click here:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Thank GOD man....
I thought there was some sort of ban on FIFA on ATS and thus was hesitant to set up a COME ON ENGLAND ! thread here.

4 decades of excuses......

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I do most of the American Sports over on SportzTawk, and have no clue about anything associated with FIFA. Glad you started a thread over there man!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Go Trinidad & Tobago!!!
Soca Warriors are playing right now.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Since Ireland aren't in the world cup and we have around 150,000 poles living here i'm going to gvethem my full support COME ON POLSKA!!!!!!!The highlight so far for me was in England V Paraguay when Robinson hit the big screen( I'm still laughing) By the way TheBandit while i would lie to see Trinidad and Tobago to do well i can't see them getting out of the first stage

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neew World Leader
Since Ireland aren't in the world cup and we have around 150,000 poles living here i'm going to gvethem my full support COME ON POLSKA!!!!!!!The highlight so far for me was in England V Paraguay when Robinson hit the big screen( I'm still laughing) By the way TheBandit while i would lie to see Trinidad and Tobago to do well i can't see them getting out of the first stage

Tell you what though, Tricycle and Tobacco are doing well against the Swedes!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Don't underestimate Trini, NWL

They can play, and they've got stamina... Lot's of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
They can play, and they've got stamina... Lot's of it.

So the ladies say......

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
wow what can i say great result for TNT

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
CARIBBEAN POSSE MASH UP DE PLACE!!! TRINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!

Trini 0 - Sweden 0!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
^^ Thats only because the Swedes didnt get to go in the Sauna yesterday......
Tiri and Tobacco are good that they made it this far but this is where the boys are separated from the MEN.

On another note, England won by ONE GOAL!!! Thats shocking, they should have wiped the floor with Paraguay!
I expected Crouch to do the Robot today..... They played like it was some practice match....and where the hell is Rooney, dont tell me I spent 5pounds on a no9 hat to see him on the bench........

Damn that Sven

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yeah for the underdogs. Ecuador 2 - Polska 0! Woo hoo.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Germany, shocking defensive but two of the best goals we will see all tournament.
Costa Rica, Wanchope is on fire, two nice finishes.
Poland, shame.
Ecudoar(sorry bout spelling), fantastic start, signs of a strong team.

TNT v Sweden, what a great result, for ENGLAND (come ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and for TNT. I wonder if Sven is upset. Hislop was great.

England v paraguay, good game, paraguay came out of their shell in the second half. Glad to hear Owen wasnt injured having gone off early. Rooney will figure in the later stages, you didnt honestly think Sven would risk it? And as for Alex "the ar$e" Ferguson, SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Shame that the referee was being paid by paraguay, what was his problem!!!!! Neither Gerard or Crouch should have been booked. What a joker. He was shocking all through the game, really bad decisions.
I also thought that Beckham should have been credited with the goal, i havent seen it since the game though so i will have to have another look.
Overall a strong start from ENGLAND but we will have to play better than that to reach the end stages.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think Bandit set up this thread so that you'd come over to sportztawk and post about the World Cup.

For anyone thats interested...

FIFA World Cup at Sportztawk...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
yup... probably more discussion here than over there... I do see that Majic came and signed up though.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Looking forward to todays games, Argentina v Ivory Coast looked like a good game, didnt manage to see it unfortunately.
Serbia and Montenegro v Nehterlands, my money will be on holland for this one.
Mexico v Iran, Mexico are a very good side in my opinion, will wipe the floor with iran but then many people believed sweden would do that.
Angola v portugal, well it is not impossible for angola to win (unless they have that swiss referee england had in Euro 2004) but portugal should be triumphant.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
best game iv watched so far has to be the opening game germany v costa rica now that was exciting

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The mood in Trinidad is euphoric, especially since we played the majority of the second half with only 10 men!!!!

So, on to England and Paraguay!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'll close this thread.

For all World Cup discussion please go to the Sportztawk thread...

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
France win!! Brazil is out!!

1-0!!

Thread closed again...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join