posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:21 PM
After months of sluggish dialup internet service, I decided to try to improve things, on my end.
The first step I took, was to install System Mechanic from www.iolo.com...
on my system. They have a nifty little feature that optimizes your
internet speed. There is a test feature you can use before and after, to compare the difference. With one click of a mouse button, my actual
throughput increased from a measely 13 kb per second to just over 20.
I know that even that is'nt great, but it's better than what I had previously.
The second step I took was to switch my browser to Mozilla Firefox. www.mozilla.com...
I had tried it once before,
but did'nt really give it a chance, and switched back to IE.
The third step (which happened to coincide with the above), I can take no credit for. Of course I am talking about the recent and still continuing
changes to the interface here on ATS.
Three more cheers, to S.O. for that!
And now, when I refrsh, it's zip, zip, zip, and it's all loaded!! Before it would take literally minutes to load!
Now, I'm a happy camper!