It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

genuine?

page: 1

join
share:
kim

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The only thing that is bothering me is are these stories actually true and if so, how have ppl managed to obtain them?
If some1 can set me straight on this i would be very grateful

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Many are true. Some are not. It's why they call them conspiracy theories. Fact is, we don't know much for sure, although the articles on the main site do tend to stay away from the lunatic fringe...

Besides, if we knew everything, none of us geeks would have anything to theorize about...

kim

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 10:29 AM
link   
yeah like George bush is really an alien from the future and the world will one day be ruled by guineapigs!

(ya reckon anyone'll buy it?)
How then, do you know when truth ends and reality begins?
like i heard this stuff about biotech where theyre making these robots have senses by implanting rat genes into it. I dont know what to think of that

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The ball is round, the game last 90 minutes. That's a fact. Everything else is a theory.

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Kim,I don't know about the rat genes in robots but I remember seeing earlier this year on a serious news programme experiments done with fish brains(I think)that were wired up to computers.The still conscious brain thought it was swimming and the screen showed you what the fish perceived.They found that the brains didn't survive very long(a few hours)
That is 100% true.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 02:14 AM
link   
As far as conspiracies go.

Don't take anything at face value, a lot of it is just crap.

Obsorb what they have to say, and then research the topic using your search engine. (yahoo:google).

I have found out over the years that only about 50-percent of what you read is good hard facts.

kim

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 06:34 AM
link   
fish brains huh? interesting. which news programme was that?
The thing is (quaneeri) when you do research using google or whatever, whats to say that they're right? Guess the only way to know for sure is to be there
how do you join the CIA ? (lol)

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 02:40 PM
link   
OK,Not quite what I was looking for but pretty close.I will try and find the fish brain one though.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There is only one thing true in this world, that there is nothing true.
Anyways, if you stay here long enough, you will learn to judge posts, this is a place of semi-skeptics, we are sensible, yet we still beleive the truth is out there...

get it?

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 01:08 AM
link   
All I can say, is anything these nuts say about Free masonry, IT IS NOT TRUE

And for the last time, THE ILLUMINATI DON'T EXIST

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Yes it is
Yes they do.
Take it to the secret societies forum if you'd like a crack at the two topics. They have both been beat slap to death, mind you.

[Edited on 2-11-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There you are -half of them are true: you just have to decide which half.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 08:39 PM
link   
you'll find that the ever-decreasing fraction of postings that actually have anything remotely resembling "content" tend to come from "non-mainstream" media sources.
If you're lucky you'll get a brief commentary, perhaps a little criticism and a link.
If you're not you'll get a huge cut'n'paste and an invitation to submit comments regardless of their relevance.
Very, very, very occasionally you'll find a reference to "conspiracy" ( these you might enter in your diary)

new topics

top topics

join