It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In this Thread -- Your Thoughts on Why We Have Not Captured/Found Osama

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Perhaps they had their hands full with other things.

Perhaps they didn't have the right resources in the right place at the right time.

Perhaps that just changed.

Task Force 121 and Task Force Black transfered from Iraq to Afganistan. Ordered to hunt Bin Laden

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ironic that a man in the US is No.1 on the FBI wanted list (a radical christian...forgot the guy's name now)...but remember watching on the news'....the news' crew asking about him in the town... and how the people in the community were protecting and praising the guy and even how the news' crew were gon'a burn in hell.

So would it not be the same at Bin's hide out locations....figure the local's would protect him to.

But watched tonight a documentary on the news tonight on binny
....and just by seeing his "style" per say.......he's def. keeping it huble....like in the one clip showing bin in the mountians' walking.....pretty sure that's how it is....he's on the move...small group. Think about it....only way t'a stay hidden esp. for so long.....and he did fight during the Soviet era' in Afghan...so the guy prob. knows the area.

And I don't believe it's likely that' the US are hiding anything about it.....if they found him....he would get at least 4 - 500 ton's bombs' one for each plane on 9/11.

Anyway.....that's my take on it....as always,
your Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
cause George and Osama are both fiends of the green!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
1. Osama is protected by those who admired him as an Islamic hero, as well as their culture that welcomes and protects visitors either in Afghanistan or Pakistan.

2. He is most likely in the tribal region that even the Pakistani govt. has no control of, and the area is filled with people sympathizing with Al Qaeda and the Taliban which allies with the Al Qaeda.

3. Can't send special forces because of political sensitivities, if the people find out somehow that special forces are in Pakistan looking for Osama, they would say that Musharraf is a true puppet of the U.S. as the Taliban and Al Qaeda has mentioned and that he must be assasinated. Thats something Washington does not want.

4. Geography, mountainous region filled with hostile people and Osama has not made a video recently to provide any clues as to where he is as to pinpoint or at least narrow the most likely place he could be.

5. No good intelligence, the CIA is in shortage of translators and as well as human agents that can blend in with the populace to provide intel at all. Also the dependence of electronic intel does not work since satellites cannot detect Osama, and also he has abandoned the use of satellite phones, thanks to some a$$hole who decided to tell the media about America's intelligence capability back in 98 and that the missle strike in Afghanistan was related to tracking Osama's phone when he was making an interview to Al Jazeera.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by deltaboy]

Agreed. This is one of the more logical lines of thought on this thus far...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing that Bush even wants him captured or killed. Consider, if you or I did what is asserted that he did, (and I think he did, the bush people aren't imaginative enough to have executed 9/11, use it for their own gain, but not come up with it or carry it out) and our whereabouts were roughly known, and your victim has stated publically that they were coming after you, would you stay put? I know damned well I wouldn't...I would be hightailing it to the cities with their teeming millions to hide.

If I were Bush (god protect me from that fate in my next life :roll
and 9/11 had happened on my watch and I really wanted bin ladens . on a silver platter, I would have kept my mouth shut, no heroic posturing, no wanted dead or alive, no we are coming after you, I would have very quietly informed the governments in the region, either help us or go be busy some place else, and then I would have sent in the Seals and not a single extra troop.

Can you imagine how terribly unnerving it would have been to bin laden and company if bush had done that? It would have totally spooked those guys, and mark my word we would have had them that autumn.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I have a hard time believing that Bush even wants him captured or killed. Consider, if you or I did what is asserted that he did, (and I think he did, the bush people aren't imaginative enough to have executed 9/11, use it for their own gain, but not come up with it or carry it out) and our whereabouts were roughly known, and your victim has stated publically that they were coming after you, would you stay put? I know damned well I wouldn't...I would be hightailing it to the cities with their teeming millions to hide.

If I were Bush (god protect me from that fate in my next life :roll
and 9/11 had happened on my watch and I really wanted bin ladens . on a silver platter, I would have kept my mouth shut, no heroic posturing, no wanted dead or alive, no we are coming after you, I would have very quietly informed the governments in the region, either help us or go be busy some place else, and then I would have sent in the Seals and not a single extra troop.

Can you imagine how terribly unnerving it would have been to bin laden and company if bush had done that? It would have totally spooked those guys, and mark my word we would have had them that autumn.

Too bad the general public doesn't like this solution. People want news and answers, and while yours is the tactically correct approach, unfortunately it doesn't yield any political capital. Yes, we need to keep our mouths shut, and politicians should figure out what OPSEC really means. Instead, they leak stuff to the press all the time and ruin our real chances at nailing these guys.

Well said...thanks for the post!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I also did a search on Google for "osama found" as a lark, and found this link. Probably old news here, but it seems like it is relevant to this discussion:

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
And another one with some fairly convincing discussion...

Again, probably old news, but worth the read...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tha Troubleshoota

This is more in line with what I've been thinking. He's been dead for ages but a dead Osama is worthless. Mind you, pictures can last for years and can be called upon at ANY time.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Tha Troubleshoota

This is more in line with what I've been thinking. He's been dead for ages but a dead Osama is worthless. Mind you, pictures can last for years and can be called upon at ANY time.

From earlier posts I'm not a real conspiracy freak, but these have me wondering. Video and photographic proof works well for me, and it would seem that there are some fake videos out there. Would I think it's beyond any administration to fake Osama in order to be reelected? Not at all!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
shoota, you keep trying to attach logic to what this administration ponies out to the public. For someone who worked within the system for so long you're regretably naive. The fact that you dismiss him as a useful tool to continue this fabrication called the war on terror makes me wonder. AIPAC nad PNAC dictate war without end. He's just a necessary part of selling this crap to the American public. I guess 'the system' requires blinders, because the reality of "I'm doing what for whom'? ...gets too real.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
shoota, you keep trying to attach logic to what this administration ponies out to the public. For someone who worked within the system for so long you're regretably naive. The fact that you dismiss him as a useful tool to continue this fabrication called the war on terror makes me wonder. AIPAC nad PNAC dictate war without end. He's just a necessary part of selling this crap to the American public. I guess 'the system' requires blinders, because the reality of "I'm doing what for whom'? ...gets too real.

Did you see the links that I've posted on page 3? I'm not beyond reason on this issue. Re-read the links posted just about 3-4 posts up and then make comments.

I wouldn't put many things past an administration to get re-elected. The possibility of OBL being dead would not amaze me in the least.

Have i seen any indications of this in my "business"? No.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join